Don't become someone. Be part of something.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1hmkp92z said:
I think he is saying not to be an individual and instead to be part of the team.

Sherman is a team player so I dont know what he is talking about.

Retardation maybe?

[youtube]22-HSjMS3Ks[/youtube]

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like all kinds of vaginification of the fan base going on here I tell you what...

Sherman is not a boy scout nor will he suddenly become one. He's a shutdown corner. Just enjoy all that he has to offer and stop trying to make him Kelly Jennings.

strohmin

Reaction score
Sherman is always a team player first, he always gives credit to his teammates. Some of you still don't understand why Sherman talks so much crap.... He puts pressure on himself purposely so that he makes sure he always plays his best. I have no problem with the way Sherman carries himself on and of the field.

Throwdown

Reaction score
This is getting beyond pathetic, could you imagine these people as Sonics fans back in the 90's with Payton talking trash? And IMO Payton was 100x the S-talker that Sherm is.

chris98251

Reaction score
This a phrase that is no different then saying there is no I in team really. Sherm is playing his game, media bites happen and then it gets blown up. I see Sherm in the end zone if a receiver gets one on him say ok good catch or nice play also.

OP
OP
WorcesterHawks
Reaction score
Ha, so I go to sleep and come back to this. I imagine most won't believe me but I was hammered last night and decided the OP was the best I could do to generate discussion. However my reasoning (however vague) has mistranslated...

1: I'm absolutely fine with how Sherm conducts himself for us. I'm going to be getting my first Seahawks jersey soon (it's a ballache getting specifics in UK) and I'm alternating between Sherm and Wilson as to which one to get. We need Shermans attitude and I wouldn't swap him for the world...

2: However, my drunken point arose from the thought that we won't need to swap him, as he'll soon price himself out of a renewed contract for us. If he's going around saying he's better than Revis (can't disagree) then to me he'll shortly want more money tha Revis. I just don't want him to lose sight of how good he is for this team, and so take that into consideration to allow him to stay here for his whole career.

I understand point 2 is very selfish of me, but my goodness I want Sherman for 10 years. I don't want to be the team that 'made' him before he left for Superbowls.

OP
OP
WorcesterHawks
Reaction score
Throwdown":3w4shpz8 said:
ah the classic "I was drunk" excuse!

Heh, it's true - I've really spent the last 8 hours rewatching Holmgren era highlights with a box of tissues.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Richard Sherman wont work his way out of Seattle for a bigger contract....that is one of the dumber things I've seen on here. He is very vocal about how much he loves the 12th man and the support they show him. He may have a huge chip on his shoulder for being a late round pick, but he isn't going to use that to get out of Seattle....We will compensate him accordingly to be a career Seahawk the same way we will for Earl Thomas, who also is very vocal about loving to play for Seattle.

OP
OP
WorcesterHawks
Reaction score
mistaowen":laljs09g said:
Richard Sherman wont work his way out of Seattle for a bigger contract....that is one of the dumber things I've seen on here. He is very vocal about how much he loves the 12th man and the support they show him. He may have a huge chip on his shoulder for being a late round pick, but he isn't going to use that to get out of Seattle....We will compensate him accordingly to be a career Seahawk the same way we will for Earl Thomas, who also is very vocal about loving to play for Seattle.

I hope you're right. Perhaps it's natural pessimism (or caution) on my part that a good thing can only last so long. I see Sherman's love for Seattle, but I also see him wanting a huge contract. Hopefully something can be worked out so they're not mutually exclusive.

That all said, I don't think it's "dumb" to be a bit nervous about the situation. Silly perhaps, and I understand I should enjoy Sherman whilst he's at the top of his game. I just want the big 3 - Wilson, Thomas, and Sherm to be career Seahawks.

nategreat

Reaction score
mistaowen":3q2izf4u said:

Don't be so quick to judge, my friend. I know Sherman is very vocal about the 12th man and Seattle, and he seems to like it here, but we don't know what's really going on in his head. Money talks, we all know that. To say that's one of the dumber things you've seen on here, that's not real respectful to Worcester- especially since it's not THAT far-fetched. It's a concern, since nobody knows what Sherman is thinking- I hope he wants to stay in Seattle, and it sounds like he does at this time- but we can't see the future, and we don't know what his priorities are. But he DOES seem to be a great teammate and things SEEM like he loves playing for Seattle.

Uffda

Reaction score
I'm certain Mr. Sherman knows he can't do it alone.

Will be fine.

I don't worry at all.

sutz

Reaction score
I think that future contract negotiations are a valid concern. Keeping this group together will be difficult, and will take a cap manager with the wisdom of Solomon to do. I'd hate to see any of our young stars in the making wearing anything but Seahawk blue in the future, but we know it will happen to some of them. I share the feeling about wanting Sherm to play out his career here, and I have to believe that Scheider & Co will do their best to make it happen. But as the saying goes, we'll have to wait and see.

On the flip side, Carroll and Schneid have a knack for finding guys like Sherm, with over looked talent hidden in the later rounds. Pete is especially good at evaluating DBs, it would seem. Hell, there may be someone better than Sherm out there someday. ;)

chris98251

Reaction score
His first contract as will most the others may be doable, it's the second one that I think gets tougher. Guys that have a better handle on this then myself can correct me, but Kam, Sherm, Browner can all be extended because either they are vets and not on their first contract (Browner) or are past the 2nd or 3rd round and there are a different set of rules regarding how those players are handled, not the 4 year contract that first rounders get. Most later guys are on much shorter contracts and can be extended after a shorter window I though.

With all that said we can reasonably stagger guys, Kam then Sherm. Browner becasue they are not 1st rounders. Earl will be the guy that gets into the real teeth of CBA rules.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Time to replace our whole team with choir boys, everybody. Too many people apparently can't handle a little smack. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ludakrishna

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":34g4fv3o said:
Time to replace our whole team with choir boys, everybody. Too many people apparently can't handle a little smack. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Timmay Ruskell is available if we want to go that route.... ;)

OP
OP
WorcesterHawks
Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2l3s30t7 said:

I've said before in this thread, it's got nothing to do with the smack talk - I'm perfectly fine with that. I just don't want him to price himself out of staying here for a long time.

I understand that wasn't clear in original post, and I know he's been vocal about the team before. But right now he's also very vocal about himself. That is fine with me as long as it's not the start of a slippery slope ending with him holding out and pushing for a trade. I personally love the guy, it's why I don't want to see him anywhere else.

Latest posts