Rang: Trufant was best player at Senior Bowl

pehawk

Reaction score
That's what he said yesterday on KJR.

Does he slide into the top 15 then?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Maybe he had the best camp out of any player, but best player, period!? That's a reach.

It probably helps he's going against an overall talent-weak receiver group the entire time.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I like him, a lot. I think he's better than his brother, who picked at 8, couldve been best at his Senior Bowl.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Good point. I'm always a bit skeptical though of players who jump that high during one week of camp.

Based on the couple dawg games I've watched and the diehard fans I've talked to, not many people had him that high before this week. And I didn't think their was that many top level talents at the senior bowl, with juniors not allowed and many seniors missing it. He may have looked good just by comparison to a weak group. Then again, maybe not.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":79v9z1tn said:
Good point. I'm always a bit skeptical though of players who jump that high during one week of camp.

Based on the couple dawg games I've watched and the diehard fans I've talked to, not many people had him that high before this week. And I didn't think their was that many top level talents at the senior bowl, with juniors not allowed and many seniors missing it. He may have looked good just by comparison to a weak group. Then again, maybe not.

See, I disagree with anyone who didn't recognize Tru's skills. He played on some VERY poorly schemed squads. I saw top 10 talent after first seeing him, which is kind of a reach, I know.

If he played on Alabama, he'd be a top 12 pick, for sure. Cover skills and physical CB's are rare.

kearly

Reaction score
I wouldn't take him in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round*, but it's not a reach to say that Trufant had the best senior bowl week. He was drawing rave reviews from every corner of the media all week long.

*but if I was a fan of any other team, I would.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
He was the best DB on the dawgs team the last few years. Teams often avoided Tru's side and picked on the other corners. The other thing people need to remember is that the dawg pass rush has been non-existent for the last decade. So Tru didn't have much help out there.

chris98251

Reaction score
I seen him slated on some mocks to go in the second round before this week. He has a great work ethic . Also is very coachable as well, that alone will move him up on charts.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I kinda think its Corey Dillon syndrome, we know what others can't see in the PNW.

kearly

Reaction score
I am still amazed that Corey Dillon wasn't a first rounder. The guy was so obviously a stud and built for the NFL. Very, very similar to Trent Richardson, who had all the hype last year.

This year I think the "where the **** is his hype?!" guy is DeAndre Hopkins.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
High praise for Hopkins.

I don't think Tru will be as good as Dillon was in the NFL. But, he can certainly have career like Marcus. It puzzled me he never got MORE pub. The NFL's desperate for CB's that can cover and be physical. He's on par w/Marcus.

But, he is now. Good for him, bad for my 3rd round dream pick.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Funny that nobody was talking about Desmond Trufant until Tony Pauline tweeted that he'd been told by his sources he was a first round lock. Everyone sounded surprised. I've since seen about three reports saying in actual fact Trufant had a great Senior Bowl. Just seems a bit of a coincidence -- I'd forgotten he was even there because nobody mentioned him during the work outs!

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Huh, English? We've talked about him a lot.

Or, you ripping media?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":fn6csjdv said:
I kinda think its Corey Dillon syndrome, we know what others can't see in the PNW.

Hopefully this isnt your yearly overrated Husky (Jake Locker, Chris Polk).

Honestly, I dont know much about Trufant, or have a very good feel for his skills. I"m much better and interested in judging offensive talent than defensive talent. I know he was a pretty good college player but dont know how well he translates to the pro's.

Pretend he was a Duck. Would you still love his game?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
If I saw him play, yeah, even if a Duck. Watch a few clips, you'll see.

hai

Reaction score
Trufant was the best Senior DB/CB period. I also believe he goes no later then the 2nd round if he doesn't post a good 40, because i believe the ONLY thing stopping Trufant from a lock 1st is his top end speed speed on the outside, because as a slot nickel, period he will probably be one of the best and start right away in the next level.

Watch the senior bowl practices http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiZM3sjK0ys , look into the guys channel, there more. Trufant no doubt is a competitor, relentless, really fast/great footwork, only Wheaton got the best of Trufant. Trufant just kept so close to everyone, barely got beat, if he goes past the 1st round, i have no doubt the Seahawks pick him in the second and i believe Wheaton goes 1st round.

chris98251

Reaction score
A few years ago someone asked who was faster, Marcus or Desmond, I think the answer was it depends who you ask.

MARCUS TRUFANT
Position: CB
Class: Sr
School: Wash. St.
Conference: Pac-10
Ht., Wt.: 5'11, 199
40 Time: 4.44
Grade: 4.39

Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Height: 6-0. Weight: 184.
Projected 40 Time: 4.42.
Projected Round (2013): 1-2.

Thats a good average since I have seen his times go from 4.33 to 4.49 depending on site you look at etc, one thing that seems to be unanimous is his abilitys. He has also put on a bit more weight seen lots of places where he is at 190 now.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He looked good in Senior Bowl practices, wa glued to his assignment. But he was guilty of somePIs.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hmm PI's are subjective, he works out with Marcus and has every off season, you get away with more at the pro level, he's been going against pro receivers and being coached up by big brother. Watch some of the stuff they can really do as long as the jersey isn't pulled away or if they turn their head looking for the ball. You can rest a hand on a guy while your reaching for the ball and as long as he isn't turned you can get away with that also.

ivotuk

Reaction score
chris98251":1chgrf0w said:
Hmm PI's are subjective, he works out with Marcus and has every off season, you get away with more at the pro level, he's been going against pro receivers and being coached up by big brother. Watch some of the stuff they can really do as long as the jersey isn't pulled away or if they turn their head looking for the ball. You can rest a hand on a guy while your reaching for the ball and as long as he isn't turned you can get away with that also.

The PI was pretty blatant, he pushed the guy out of bounds. Nothing subjectiveabout that.