Rob Ryan hired to run Sheep's D

kearly

Reaction score
It's a good move for them, and a tough move for us. Still, it might be worth it for me since I'm a lipreading enthusiast when it comes to F-bombs on live TV.

Rob Ryan

pehawk

Reaction score
seahawk2k":22nl7xgd said:
His scheme typically borders on unsound, downhill and aggressive, its kind of boom or bust. If anything, I feel like the Rams needed a coordinator that's not quite so aggressive, yeah, they can cause problems with the way that front four attacks, but they run themselves out of plays and often aren't terribly interested in defending the run. This hire strengthens their mentality and it fits the style, but the style is chaotic and aggressive, but the more we see it, the better we do.

Agreed.

But, I think Ryan's was due to the poor players or situations he's been in. Either being outmanned or having to compensate for the offense not contributing. This will be his first job, under a HC with competence, IMO. He's a top 10 DC, IMO, and I dont really care what the stats say.

49ers best get it next week, because I think they're going to be 3rd place in the NFCW for awhile.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Pstark3":37fpq99u said:
we get to see him melt down twice a year now. I love it

More like 60 times per year. The networks show him on the sideline every 2-3 plays for some reason. Like he's really riveting television. I don't get it.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Adam Schefter
After Rams planned to hire Rob Ryan on Jan. 24, @mortreport reports St. Louis has changed its mind and will not add him to its staff.

pehawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":ral81upr said:
Adam Schefter
After Rams planned to hire Rob Ryan on Jan. 24, @mortreport reports St. Louis has changed its mind and will not add him to its staff.

Huh - this is getting weird.

drdiags

Reaction score
Was wondering why the Rams would hire a DC that had more recent 3-4 experience for a 4-3 team? Fisher or Ryan must have gotten cold feet after starting to put in the final plans prior to Ryan signing the agreement. If I am a Rams fan, I am hoping it was Ryan who had a change of heart. Would not bode well if my HC was flip-flopping.

I think it was Ryan having a change of heart.

drdiags

Reaction score
More update on the Ryan decision not to take the job

The bottom line, according to a source, is that Ryan declined the defensive coordinator position due to hesitations from coaching a 4-3 system and not being able to pick his assistants.

"He wanted it to work, and I just think he realized over the weekend that it was not (a fit)," a source told Thomas. "Rob was torn."

Rest of the article here

Latest posts