Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas

kearly

Reaction score
[youtube]4nq9emo0hWs[/youtube]

If Pete is looking for pure speed, Goodwin could be one to watch. He's got some stuff to work on and his physicality isn't very high, but when he reaches his top gear it can be jaw dropping. Goodwin's speed is getting mentioned at the Senior Bowl.

Goodwin is 5'9". Maybe that's a dealbreaker, but the speed he has is pretty crazy.

HUGGY

Reaction score
4.2 40. That would make him nearly the fastest WR in the NFL.

He can catch the ball.

This guy would be the burning speed at WR we don't have.

I hope he is still on the board when we choose.

chris98251

Reaction score
Butler was fast also, I think with Tate already not the biggest guy Pete wants someone that can also be a blocker as well.Whomever comes in as heir apparent to Rice is going to need to have that kind of body and the willingness to block and do some dirty work. We also move our receivers around a bit, a smaller guy is much harder for a short QB to see across the middle in shorter routes along with where the ball has to be placed to be a catch. Wilson can put the ball at a higher point for a tall receiver and still make the completion, at 5'9" that makes the ball at a level that everyone can catch it at.

I typed that thinking that the only spot he would be up for is possibly the wide out, unless we go with a 4 wide and use him situationally to strech things which is also a telegraph message.

HUGGY

Reaction score
chris98251":18fyvftl said:
Butler was fast also, I think with Tate already not the biggest guy Pete wants someone that can also be a blocker as well.Whomever comes in as heir apparent to Rice is going to need to have that kind of body and the willingness to block and do some dirty work. We also move our receivers around a bit, a smaller guy is much harder for a short QB to see across the middle in shorter routes along with where the ball has to be placed to be a catch. Wilson can put the ball at a higher point for a tall receiver and still make the completion, at 5'9" that makes the ball at a level that everyone can catch it at.

I typed that thinking that the only spot he would be up for is possibly the wide out, unless we go with a 4 wide and use him situationally to strech things which is also a telegraph message.

Everthing you said I agree with. I have no problem with the speed burners sucking 4 DBs downfield to give Wilson a lot of real estate to gallup around in.

Chawker

Reaction score
When a team fields a player that fast a certain amount of respect needs to be given before the score is 14-0. Freak'in kid runs like he stole something.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He's certainly a scrapper on the field. Mid-round flier wouldn't be a bad idea.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
Wow. He looks very fast, but not only with straight line speed, he runs the hitch and go really well. Guys look like they are standing still as he runs by them.

pehawk

Reaction score
Why isn't he returniung kicks, is my one concern.