Seahawks have their new VP of Football Administration

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Per Brady Henderson:

The #Seahawks have hired Matt Thomas as VP of football administration, replacing John Idzik.

All I've been able to find is that he's worked with the browns in a similar role for the last three seasons.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

• Championship! Russell Wilson has already put notes in his locker breaking down contracts.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• FlyingGreg wrote:Championship! Russell Wilson has already put notes in his locker breaking down contracts.

FTW! :th2thumbs:

Go Hawks!

tcs
    Bleeding Silver and Blue since 1982...
    TCS
    NET Rookie

• Some more info on the guy.

Thomas joins the club after spending the past 12 seasons with the Dolphins (1998-09), including 2009 as Vice President – General Counsel and Football Administration. During his tenure with the team he held numerous football administrative functions, which included assisting with the management of the salary cap, player contract negotiations, football budgeting and acting as a liaison with the NFL Management Council on salary cap compliance and other labor and legal matters. Thomas is a graduate of the University of Denver, University of South Dakota School of Law and the New York University School of Law.

That was back in 2010.

http://www.brownsgab.com/2010/02/01/browns-name-matt-thomas-as-vice-president-%E2%80%93-football-administration/
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

• http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 8746ed5eae

Confirmed at the Seahawks official website...

"Matt is a well-respected salary cap expert and was recommended by many top-ranking NFL executives," said General Manager John Schneider. "I am excited to welcome him to our football family."

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Oh snap! This dude went to NYU Law? Dude must seriously be a beast. Not very often that NYC colleges and members of the Seahawks go hand in hand. Pretty cool. May he negotiate the shiz out of those contracts!
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• Pretty impressive resume if i do say so
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• Damn, what happened to the Mike Reinfeldt theory? We haggled over that possibility, which was probably a non-possibility to begin with.
    Doesn't John Schneider know he's supposed to be monitoring our posts and taking our advice?
    Damn he's making this armchair GM stuff difficult.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information