Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I wish he talked more. Seriously. Have him mic'd up weekly. Give him his own half hour Monday night show. It would be much watch tv.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":jmaz72ag said:
You can have the meanest guard dog on the block to protect your home. You pat him on the head when he fights off intruders, but don't call him a bad dog for using his bark to get inside the head of future intruders and make them second guess if they wanna set foot on your land.

wow, man. the analogy. my mind is shredded. but what if dog was spelled c a t?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
bestfightstory":19d8xviy said:
Mistashoesta":19d8xviy said:
You can have the meanest guard dog on the block to protect your home. You pat him on the head when he fights off intruders, but don't call him a bad dog for using his bark to get inside the head of future intruders and make them second guess if they wanna set foot on your land.

His name would be Kelly Jennings.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":1z8pvp7f said:
bestfightstory":1z8pvp7f said:
Mistashoesta":1z8pvp7f said:

His name would be Kelly Jennings.

:th2thumbs:

That was good. I do wish people would stop picking on the littlest and most obvious guy around though. Sherm shines as brightly when compared to someone like Trufant, IMO. People talked tons of shit in Wee Willie Williams for forever, too and that dude was a warrior (with limitations).

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I think Sherman is awesome. It's all about mis-direction and mirrors boyos. Get into the other guys' head and it makes the job that much easier, and from what we've seen, he's been able to back it up. What's the problem?? Haven't we all just been aching for a guy like this on our team? I think it's hilarious.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Shinigami":3egch101 said:
Pstark3":3egch101 said:
Seriously? Were constantly complaining we dont get respect. Sherman is demanding respect, and deserves it. He's the best CB in the NFL right now. This team isnt "finesse" or "nice" anymore.. If thats what your lookin for, go be a jags fan.

I think this is the best defense of Sherman. Put it succinctly Seahawks weren't getting a lot of respect even though they were a difficult team to beat for a good while. Once Sherman started talking to Brady after the game people started to notice a bit more, and he's one of the reasons why the Seahawks are getting more respect now, and his loudmouth does make people notice him more and the team also.

Sherman can be a bit of a jerk, but the guy can play and can back up any trash talking he does.

We get it, you're a Niner fan...

chris98251

Reaction score
I said in another thread some time back that Sherman is what Springs was suppose to be, Springs was good just not consistent and played blame game etc and acted like a premier guy without the results.

samwize77

Reaction score
I think hes just addressing the fact that its Pro Bowl weekend and hes not there.......and should be......he certainly hasn't crossed any imaginary line with me.
Or maybe hes just reminding the Hawks of his value because of the Revis trade rumors.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I understand that PR and smacktalk and ESPN and NFL Network 'respect' (ie circle jerks) are widely coveted around here. We want attention.... I just want to win. That requires players. We have a bunch now. Sherm is one of them and while I love his game, I'm not a fan of the schtick. It crosses (or flirts with crossing) a line for me. It's a line we all have for players of other teams. And our lines differ amongst ourselves. That's okay. It's just my preference. I hope I have explained myself well enough in this thread as to why.

Everybody is so eager to choose one side or the other and demonize the opposite side around here, it seems.

Oh well.

Good times.

CANHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2habiee9 said:
I understand that PR and smacktalk and ESPN and NFL Network 'respect' (ie circle jerks) are widely coveted around here. We want attention.... I just want to win. That requires players. We have a bunch now. Sherm is one of them and while I love his game, I'm not a fan of the schtick. It crosses (or flirts with crossing) a line for me. It's a line we all have for players of other teams. And our lines differ amongst ourselves. That's okay. It's just my preference. I hope I have explained myself well enough in this thread as to why.

Everybody is so eager to choose one side or the other and demonize the opposite side around here, it seems.

Oh well.

Good times.

I love the fact that everyone not a fan of the Hawks hates him. Reminds me of the Boz.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
CANHawk":f9ngtyls said:
bestfightstory":f9ngtyls said:

Oh well.

Good times.

I love the fact that everyone not a fan of the Hawks hates him. Reminds me of the Boz.

Yeah, except Sherman is talented.

:stirthepot:

hawk45

Reaction score
When a late round draft pick becomes a starter, and then one of the best corners in the NFL, the last thing I think about is changing a damn thing about the guy. Sherm is our defensive attitude, and next to Wilson the face of the franchise. Screw class, talk all the crap you want Sherman. Every time you make a play on a ball I hug myself thinking about all the times Kelly Jennings was in perfect position and was helpless while a large WR pulled in the catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.