Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22746
Location: Kirkland, WA
kidhawk wrote:
Could you imagine a healthy Clemons next to a Justin Smith? Or even Bruce Irvin....


Dude, Fat Bastard from Austin Powers could get 10 sacks/year lining up next to Justin Smith. (Sorry, mods; but it's his name in the movies!)

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:42 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
"Who's to say Sherman threw his name out there? It's twitter. He could have been reading tweets from others and just made his own to set them straight. We don't know that he just up and decided to randomly proclaim himself better than Revis".

Good Point, didn't think of that...

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:45 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22746
Location: Kirkland, WA
hawker84 wrote:
Good Point, didn't think of that...


Nobody seems to. A lot of Tweets from people all over Twitter are directed at specific people, or certain groups (49ers fans sending him hate-Tweets) of people.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:47 am 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11209
We spend years grinding our teeth over Kelly Jennings and longing for a shutdown corner, and when we get one, we gripe.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:49 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
well if it comes to light the Revis or another group indeed started the debate and called Sherman out, i'll be the first to issue an apology to him on this board... but knowing Sherman as i have grown to know him this last season.. you have to question if that's the case..

don't get me wrong i love sherman, and i absolutely love him on this team.. i just feel he could tone it down a bit, especially in the off season...

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Last edited by hawker84 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:49 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22746
Location: Kirkland, WA
MontanaHawk05 wrote:
We spend years grinding our teeth over Kelly Jennings and longing for a shutdown corner, and when we get one, we gripe.


I KNOW! It's pathetic, isn't it? You won't see me whining about Sherman, that's for damned sure; and I was one of the more vocal Kelly Jennings-haters.

This thread is making me /facepalm. Hard.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:56 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12380
Location: Anchorage, AK
hawker84 wrote:
well if it comes to light the Revis or another group indeed started the debate and called Sherman out, i'll be the first to issue an apology to him on this board... but knowing Sherman as i have grown to know him this last season.. you have to question if that's the case..

don't get me wrong i love sherman, and i absolutely love him on this team.. i just feel he could tone it down a bit, especially in the off season...


You can't just "tone down" who you are. Sherman isn't a "Dog and Pony Show", he is who he is, and that is a man with something to prove. Is he cocky? Yea, but you can't just turn on and off who you are. Like him or hate him, Sherman is a VERY (some would say overly, but not me) confident person and NFL player. He likes social media and fans love to talk about him. IMO it's all just overblown nonsense, like so so many things in the off season

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:59 am 
* Glitter over Knives *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 8511
RolandDeschain wrote:
MontanaHawk05 wrote:
We spend years grinding our teeth over Kelly Jennings and longing for a shutdown corner, and when we get one, we gripe.


I KNOW! It's pathetic, isn't it? You won't see me whining about Sherman, that's for damned sure; and I was one of the more vocal Kelly Jennings-haters.

This thread is making me /facepalm. Hard.



Tone it down a bit, Roland. ;)

_________________
"Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
"BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:03 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm
Posts: 690
TJH wrote:
Can you imagine the hate on this board if Sherm was a 49er?

We would be ballistic.


Tell me about it! ;)

_________________
DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6373
One thing about Sherman is he's never malicious or disrespectful with his smacktalk. The only time I heard him getting close to that was when he told Garcon "You suck!" Then again, that whole Redskins team went at him before and during the game.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22746
Location: Kirkland, WA
bestfightstory wrote:
Tone it down a bit, Roland. ;)


I can't. I can't help it. I love Richard Sherman the player, I love Richard Sherman the smack-talker, and I love Richard Sherman the nerd. We've got the guy that will probably be the best CB in the NFL on an annual basis going forward, (2013 will be a telling season, with Revis back; but even so, compare Revis's second year to Sherman's) and people are whining about his mouth. It irks me. I find it irksome. :)

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
kidhawk wrote:
hawker84 wrote:
well if it comes to light the Revis or another group indeed started the debate and called Sherman out, i'll be the first to issue an apology to him on this board... but knowing Sherman as i have grown to know him this last season.. you have to question if that's the case..

don't get me wrong i love sherman, and i absolutely love him on this team.. i just feel he could tone it down a bit, especially in the off season...


You can't just "tone down" who you are. Sherman isn't a "Dog and Pony Show", he is who he is, and that is a man with something to prove. Is he cocky? Yea, but you can't just turn on and off who you are. Like him or hate him, Sherman is a VERY (some would say overly, but not me) confident person and NFL player. He likes social media and fans love to talk about him. IMO it's all just overblown nonsense, like so so many things in the off season


Yep you're absolutely right.. i would like to see him tone it down personally, doesn't mean it'll happen.. he is who he is.

love him or leave him..... I choose love...

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Last edited by hawker84 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm
Posts: 2539
NFSeahawks628 wrote:
Sherman is becoming obnoxious, this isn' t New York keep your mouth closed.


This is how Pete Carroll likes his players, and if he keeps playing like this i dont care what he says.

Also alot of people talk about how he fell down on that one pass, Kam was suppose to help over the top but bit the play action badly and was burned, If anything that was on Kam.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
Sherman is exactly the type of personality this team needs. Watch his mic'd up video or the secondary's pregame "I GOT THAT SWAG" chant and tell me he's not giving the guys a boost out there. He gives great balance to Wilson's poise and Pete's energetic positivity. Love the personalities on this team, especially because they're so varied. Definitely reminds me of those mid-90s Sonics with Payton, Kemp, Detlef, Hersey, Nate and Big Smooth each being leaders in their own unique ways.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:20 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm
Posts: 2539
hawker84 wrote:
"Who's to say Sherman threw his name out there? It's twitter. He could have been reading tweets from others and just made his own to set them straight. We don't know that he just up and decided to randomly proclaim himself better than Revis".

Good Point, didn't think of that...


Just like he was "asked" what he thought about the Skins WR squad, Sherman gets asked alot of questions by the media and he gives us HONEST answers, I'd rather have answers with personality instead of same ol' generic stuff .


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:37 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8861
Location: Covington, Washington
Sherm is a big personality and one of our posters helped project him into the national spotlight with the "U Mad Bro" meme. The story about him and Earl trash-talking Brady didn't have as much impact as that single image. Got NFLAM to track him down, lead to NFLN wanting to get him and Browner on the show. The PED issue was fueled by the leak Schefter made but what motivated the leak from someone inside the NFL?

I sometimes cringe about things surrounding Sherman, but only because I am being a mother hen. I don't want Sherman entering into a Chad Ochocinco Johnson and Terrill Owens persona or maybe a DeAngelo Hall. I bet if he was a 1st round pick he would still be the same. He just has that something some athletes have. Ali probably could have toned it down. In the end, all athletes will find themselves on the downside of a career. Whatever Sherman can use to keep him performing at a high level, the better for him.

Carroll asked him to move his celebrations to the sidelines if they are going to get a penalty, but at some point when Sherman is getting paid and he will be, it is going to be that much harder to keep him under control.

I don't like blowhards, bragging or self-promoting athletes but they have existed throughout sports. They just have more avenues to express their views of themselves. And yes, I would rather have an vociferous All-Pro CB instead of a quiet as a church mouse, physically dominated Kelly Jennings.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:50 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 548
Heres a PFF article that compares them. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... lle-revis/

MontanaHawk05 wrote:
We spend years grinding our teeth over Kelly Jennings and longing for a shutdown corner, and when we get one, we gripe.


:13:
Personally i don't think he's as good as Revis yet, but I have no problem with his trash talk, confidence, swag, bravado whatever you want to call it. As long as he backs the talk up, he can say whatever the hell he wants.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 6:14 am
Posts: 848
Love Sherman....off field stuff is getting tiresome.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:32 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 pm
Posts: 684
Everyone has there own opionion and they are entitled to them so i'm gonig to addres my comment collectivly with what i precive as true statements. (snicker)

-Sherman is good on the field.
-He is respected by our team and coaches.
-he is paid rookie pay.
-he Runs his mouth to opposing teams to get in there heads
-Opposing players that cross the line with him, appoligize.
-He is educated and intellegent.

When i think about the above statements that sounds like a good player to me

What i know about the people on this board... Myself included.
-We complain when we lose.
-We complain when we win.
-When we get a good player we nit pick.
- when we have a bad player we really nit pick
- and Finally if we had a team of all of the best players we would start arguing about why they wear white socks vs green socks.
Muahahaha

_________________
--/*Seattle Seahawks*\--


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:42 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22746
Location: Kirkland, WA
Lol, astute analysis, hawks4thewin. Seriously. Specifically, the latter half of your post.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:43 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4317
If he and Revis were teammates.. oh lord..

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 548
iigakusei wrote:
Love Sherman....off field stuff is getting tiresome.


What off field stuff? Has he gotten arrested, bashed the team, disrespected anybody, not performed to standard? Good god, we have the whiniest fan base of them all, some of you are so desperate to find something to complain about.

U Mad Bro?, Wishing Harbaugh a Happy Birthday, Calling himself Optimus Prime is all harmless trash talk, some of you need to lighten up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:12 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10046
The season is over, the Seahawks are all done, and the NFL world is talking about Dick Sure. Mission accomplished.

For the record, I think at his peak, Revis was better. Now? ACL injury isn't nothing.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:24 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm
Posts: 3179
Sarlacc83 wrote:
I'm not really sure why Sherman is picking this fight? I love the guy, but it's not like he can leverage this into a paycheck this off season.

You bet, his self confidence is only going to take him just so far, and besides, NO Corner in the League is so elite that he can't be scored on, not Sherman, and not even Revis.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:24 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2447
MontanaHawk05 wrote:
We spend years grinding our teeth over Kelly Jennings and longing for a shutdown corner, and when we get one, we gripe.


For future reference, can you tell us what exactly is the talent or productivity level where a player is no longer allowed to act like an ass? Maybe a sliding scale, or graph would help.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:30 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11083
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
Stopped reading after page 2 when this thread took a turn for the pussy.

Some people around here have no idea how swagger really works. Sherman is a world class shut down press cover corner and shut down corners like him often need to talk trash as a big part of their mental game. That battle vs the WR on the outside is the ultimate 1 on 1 in the sport and the very first step toward dominating your opponent is BELIEVING that you're going to dominate your opponent. He's already getting in the head of every WR we're going to face next year and he's getting his own head ready for the battle by letting everyone (including himself) know he's the best. Now he has to go back it up.

I absolutely LOVE Richard Sherman. Possibly my favorite Hawk right now... but there's so many great ones to choose from. What an awesome time to be a Hawk's fan!

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6373
CANHawk wrote:
Stopped reading after page 2 when this thread took a turn for the pussy.

Some people around here have no idea how swagger really works. Sherman is a world class shut down press cover corner and shut down corners like him often need to talk trash as a big part of their mental game. That battle vs the WR on the outside is the ultimate 1 on 1 in the sport and the very first step toward dominating your opponent is BELIEVING that you're going to dominate your opponent. He's already getting in the head of every WR we're going to face next year and he's getting his own head ready for the battle by letting everyone (including himself) know he's the best. Now he has to go back it up.

I absolutely LOVE Richard Sherman. Possibly my favorite Hawk right now... but there's so many great ones to choose from. What an awesome time to be a Hawk's fan!

This...it's one big mental game he's playing and I haven't seen him lose once yet.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:28 pm
Posts: 5301
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
legend38 wrote:
Seattle_Stunna_MD wrote:
Save the talk. Prove it on the field over a consistent basis.

This.


He has proven it, consistently, in every single game he's played in, since being in the nfl. Don't be silly


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:48 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2447
-The Glove- wrote:
This...it's one big mental game he's playing and I haven't seen him lose once yet.


Guess you didn't see the Atlanta game.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:51 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10046
Sgt. Largent wrote:
-The Glove- wrote:
This...it's one big mental game he's playing and I haven't seen him lose once yet.


Guess you didn't see the Atlanta game.
:sob_story:
You should learn another tune.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:53 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm
Posts: 6155
I back Roland 100% in this thread.

_________________
SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:54 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 206
Axx wrote:
themunn wrote:
from the comments

Quote:
seahawk bandwagoners need to stop dreaming. Sherman is good, but he is no where NEAR Revis. Sherman’s success is due to that amazing pass rush they have.


LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL


Didn't you see the Green Bay game, our pass rush is pretty Godly.


1 game at home and our pass rush is pretty Godly? Did you watch the ATL game? Pass rush no where near Godly. A few good games scattered throughout the season but nothing near elite. 18th in sacks this year and 19th last year. Jets 17th (2011), 8th (2010), 18th (2009), and 7th (2008). Pretty comparable and 2010 was Revis' worst year with a top 10 pass rush....

That article also leaves out the part where he says something along the lines of “look at the numbers. stats during my first two seasons are better and i only started half the games during first season” in response to people constantly telling him much better Revis is.

Point is he is on a Revis type path period. We'll see how the next 3-4 years but is there any reason to doubt he will continue to dominate?

And YES he was responding to haters rubbing Revis in his face. Read the whole thing last night when I saw his picture comparing stats and though "wow why would he just randomly post this". You know instead of jumping to conclusions.

Guess what Baldwin was also on there trolling 49er fans. Should we all start a thread bashing him too?


Last edited by ceej22 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:57 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 206
Fox0r wrote:
Pretty convenient for Sherm to leave out Darrelle Revis' pass defended numbers in that screenshot.

As much as I love his confidence, his act is growing tiresome.


Sorry for 2 posts in a row but don't be lazy and look at the stats. Passes defended by Revis...17 and 16 first two season. Passes defended by Sherman...17 and 24 first two seasons.

Nice try though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm
Posts: 2539
ceej22 wrote:


1 game at home and our pass rush is pretty Godly? Did you watch the ATL game? Pass rush no where near Godly. A few good games scattered throughout the season but nothing near elite. 18th in sacks this year and 19th last year. Jets 17th (2011), 8th (2010), 18th (2009), and 7th (2008). Pretty comparable and 2010 was Revis' worst year with a top 10 pass rush....

[/quote]
i was just kidding, everyone on this website knows our pass rush is awful and the one weakness on this team.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:10 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:36 pm
Posts: 206
Axx wrote:
ceej22 wrote:


1 game at home and our pass rush is pretty Godly? Did you watch the ATL game? Pass rush no where near Godly. A few good games scattered throughout the season but nothing near elite. 18th in sacks this year and 19th last year. Jets 17th (2011), 8th (2010), 18th (2009), and 7th (2008). Pretty comparable and 2010 was Revis' worst year with a top 10 pass rush....


i was just kidding, everyone on this website knows our pass rush is awful and the one weakness on this team.[/quote]


:)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2447
Scottemojo wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:
-The Glove- wrote:
This...it's one big mental game he's playing and I haven't seen him lose once yet.


Guess you didn't see the Atlanta game.
:sob_story:
You should learn another tune.


I will if you will.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:12 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10046
If these two become teammates, that day is going to be...AWKWARD.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6373
Sgt. Largent wrote:
-The Glove- wrote:
This...it's one big mental game he's playing and I haven't seen him lose once yet.


Guess you didn't see the Atlanta game.


I'm talking about in the entirety of a whole game. Yeah he lost on that one. But how many times did he beat White?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:47 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
Scottemojo wrote:
If these two become teammates, that day is going to be...AWKWARD.


Maybe Sherman knows about the upcoming trade and is trying to start a friendly competition between him and Revis.

/wakes up

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:48 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9831
Scottemojo wrote:
If these two become teammates, that day is going to be...AWKWARD.


Or it could be awesome. Like Legolas and Gimli arguing over their kill count.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am
Posts: 2051
Keep talking Sherm! Love the confidence.


Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!

_________________
Image

Go Hawks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:59 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 8511
SouthSoundHawk wrote:
Keep talking Sherm! Love the confidence.


Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!


.......sounds...titillating. You might have missed a letter there at the end, though...or something.

_________________
"Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
"BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
LOL



Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:16 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Posts: 128
Location: The Wall
I think that Sherm is a "necessary evil." I remember our old finesse team that was speedy but undersized on both offense and defense. I also remember how we used to be pushed around and manhandled by physical opposing teams.

Now, I see the opposite. We're a large, strong team that still has the speed and athleticism. When we play teams now, we instill fear and apprehension into them. Our team has an intimidating presence. Games like the ones we had against the Cowboys, and Falcons, where their fans commented about how scared they were for their players, really made me proud as a fan.

And without Sherman's pride and smack-talk, I don't think opposing teams would be AS scared of us. Sherm has bite in his words AND his play. He knows how to bring out a WRs frustrations and doubts, and ups the stakes until the WRs crumble under the pressure.

For every white knight we have on our team (like Russell Wilson) we need a dark knight like Richard Sherman. Sure, the white knight gets a lot of the public love, the whole clean upstanding role-model vibe that people celebrate and write songs about. But a dark knight does the ugly things that, though absolutely necessary, might not garner him understanding or sympathy.

Because Sherman's the hero Seattle deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll criticize him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a smack-talking guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:20 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:17 am
Posts: 554
Winterfell wrote:
I think that Sherm is a "necessary evil." I remember our old finesse team that was speedy but undersized on both offense and defense. I also remember how we used to be pushed around and manhandled by physical opposing teams.

Now, I see the opposite. We're a large, strong team that still has the speed and athleticism. When we play teams now, we instill fear and apprehension into them. Our team has an intimidating presence. Games like the ones we had against the Cowboys, and Falcons, where their fans commented about how scared they were for their players, really made me proud as a fan.

And without Sherman's pride and smack-talk, I don't think opposing teams would be AS scared of us. Sherm has bite in his words AND his play. He knows how to bring out a WRs frustrations and doubts, and ups the stakes until the WRs crumble under the pressure.

For every white knight we have on our team (like Russell Wilson) we need a dark knight like Richard Sherman. Sure, the white knight gets a lot of the public love, the whole clean upstanding role-model vibe that people celebrate and write songs about. But a dark knight does the ugly things that, though absolutely necessary, might not garner him understanding or sympathy.

Because Sherman's the hero Seattle deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll criticize him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a smack-talking guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.


:slowclap:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm
Posts: 1551
Winterfell wrote:
I think that Sherm is a "necessary evil." I remember our old finesse team that was speedy but undersized on both offense and defense. I also remember how we used to be pushed around and manhandled by physical opposing teams.

Now, I see the opposite. We're a large, strong team that still has the speed and athleticism. When we play teams now, we instill fear and apprehension into them. Our team has an intimidating presence. Games like the ones we had against the Cowboys, and Falcons, where their fans commented about how scared they were for their players, really made me proud as a fan.

And without Sherman's pride and smack-talk, I don't think opposing teams would be AS scared of us. Sherm has bite in his words AND his play. He knows how to bring out a WRs frustrations and doubts, and ups the stakes until the WRs crumble under the pressure.

For every white knight we have on our team (like Russell Wilson) we need a dark knight like Richard Sherman. Sure, the white knight gets a lot of the public love, the whole clean upstanding role-model vibe that people celebrate and write songs about. But a dark knight does the ugly things that, though absolutely necessary, might not garner him understanding or sympathy.

Because Sherman's the hero Seattle deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll criticize him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a smack-talking guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.



Can this please be archived? :retard_clap:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:33 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17440
Location: Graham, WA
As long as Sherman isn't being a bad team mate, I don't see what the issue is.

Dude talks the talk, and backs it up.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:41 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22746
Location: Kirkland, WA
SonicHawk wrote:
I back Roland 100% in this thread.


:thirishdrinkers:

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Posts: 1852
Location: Oklahoma City
Why are people bringing up Atlanta when Sherman slipped on that TD? Furthermore, Kam was playing for a while with an injury, one that required surgery recently. Let's just lay off our guys for a bit and rejoice in the knowledge that we are witnessing the birth of something truly epic, and simply enjoy it. Oh, and i love the fact that Sherm talks trash, Go Hawks!

_________________
Tokadub wrote:
I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:11 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22746
Location: Kirkland, WA
OkieHawk wrote:
Why are people bringing up Atlanta when Sherman slipped on that TD? Furthermore, Kam was playing for a while with an injury, one that required surgery recently. Let's just lay off our guys for a bit and rejoice in the knowledge that we are witnessing the birth of something truly epic, and simply enjoy it. Oh, and i love the fact that Sherm talks trash, Go Hawks!


No, plenty of people around here would rather dance around in pink tutus talking about how gee-golly-awful the words coming out of Sherman's mouth are, and won't somebody please think of the children.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 86Hawk, Ad Hawk, ASuperForce, CHawks4L, Cinque52, gadgor, Google [Bot], Hasselbeck, Hobzen, Hollywood_and_Vine, IcedHawk, ivotuk, Jsolo, largenutz, Missing_Clink, notyou, Onyx, otter, Rocket, Tivopaul, TzarokHawkFan, VancitySeahawk, xCalibur, Yahoo [Bot] and 135 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.