Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceej22

Reaction score
Axx":cqm1y112 said:
themunn":cqm1y112 said:
from the comments

seahawk bandwagoners need to stop dreaming. Sherman is good, but he is no where NEAR Revis. Sherman’s success is due to that amazing pass rush they have.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Didn't you see the Green Bay game, our pass rush is pretty Godly.

1 game at home and our pass rush is pretty Godly? Did you watch the ATL game? Pass rush no where near Godly. A few good games scattered throughout the season but nothing near elite. 18th in sacks this year and 19th last year. Jets 17th (2011), 8th (2010), 18th (2009), and 7th (2008). Pretty comparable and 2010 was Revis' worst year with a top 10 pass rush....

That article also leaves out the part where he says something along the lines of “look at the numbers. stats during my first two seasons are better and i only started half the games during first season” in response to people constantly telling him much better Revis is.

Point is he is on a Revis type path period. We'll see how the next 3-4 years but is there any reason to doubt he will continue to dominate?

And YES he was responding to haters rubbing Revis in his face. Read the whole thing last night when I saw his picture comparing stats and though "wow why would he just randomly post this". You know instead of jumping to conclusions.

Guess what Baldwin was also on there trolling 49er fans. Should we all start a thread bashing him too?

ceej22

Reaction score
Fox0r":37um1yg2 said:
Pretty convenient for Sherm to leave out Darrelle Revis' pass defended numbers in that screenshot.

As much as I love his confidence, his act is growing tiresome.

Sorry for 2 posts in a row but don't be lazy and look at the stats. Passes defended by Revis...17 and 16 first two season. Passes defended by Sherman...17 and 24 first two seasons.

Nice try though.

OP
OP
Axx

Axx

Reaction score

1 game at home and our pass rush is pretty Godly? Did you watch the ATL game? Pass rush no where near Godly. A few good games scattered throughout the season but nothing near elite. 18th in sacks this year and 19th last year. Jets 17th (2011), 8th (2010), 18th (2009), and 7th (2008). Pretty comparable and 2010 was Revis' worst year with a top 10 pass rush....

[/quote]
i was just kidding, everyone on this website knows our pass rush is awful and the one weakness on this team.

ceej22

Reaction score
Axx":3vqhox4r said:

i was just kidding, everyone on this website knows our pass rush is awful and the one weakness on this team.[/quote]

:)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If these two become teammates, that day is going to be...AWKWARD.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1nt2byhz said:
-The Glove-":1nt2byhz said:
This...it's one big mental game he's playing and I haven't seen him lose once yet.

Guess you didn't see the Atlanta game.

I'm talking about in the entirety of a whole game. Yeah he lost on that one. But how many times did he beat White?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Scottemojo":39jesiof said:

Maybe Sherman knows about the upcoming trade and is trying to start a friendly competition between him and Revis.

/wakes up

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2xkduthq said:

Or it could be awesome. Like Legolas and Gimli arguing over their kill count.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Keep talking Sherm! Love the confidence.

Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":9ynhvt8o said:
Keep talking Sherm! Love the confidence.

Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!

.......sounds...titillating. You might have missed a letter there at the end, though...or something.

Winterfell

Reaction score
I think that Sherm is a "necessary evil." I remember our old finesse team that was speedy but undersized on both offense and defense. I also remember how we used to be pushed around and manhandled by physical opposing teams.

Now, I see the opposite. We're a large, strong team that still has the speed and athleticism. When we play teams now, we instill fear and apprehension into them. Our team has an intimidating presence. Games like the ones we had against the Cowboys, and Falcons, where their fans commented about how scared they were for their players, really made me proud as a fan.

And without Sherman's pride and smack-talk, I don't think opposing teams would be AS scared of us. Sherm has bite in his words AND his play. He knows how to bring out a WRs frustrations and doubts, and ups the stakes until the WRs crumble under the pressure.

For every white knight we have on our team (like Russell Wilson) we need a dark knight like Richard Sherman. Sure, the white knight gets a lot of the public love, the whole clean upstanding role-model vibe that people celebrate and write songs about. But a dark knight does the ugly things that, though absolutely necessary, might not garner him understanding or sympathy.

Because Sherman's the hero Seattle deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll criticize him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a smack-talking guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

cacksman

Reaction score
Winterfell":1u0hxedg said:
I think that Sherm is a "necessary evil." I remember our old finesse team that was speedy but undersized on both offense and defense. I also remember how we used to be pushed around and manhandled by physical opposing teams.

Now, I see the opposite. We're a large, strong team that still has the speed and athleticism. When we play teams now, we instill fear and apprehension into them. Our team has an intimidating presence. Games like the ones we had against the Cowboys, and Falcons, where their fans commented about how scared they were for their players, really made me proud as a fan.

And without Sherman's pride and smack-talk, I don't think opposing teams would be AS scared of us. Sherm has bite in his words AND his play. He knows how to bring out a WRs frustrations and doubts, and ups the stakes until the WRs crumble under the pressure.

For every white knight we have on our team (like Russell Wilson) we need a dark knight like Richard Sherman. Sure, the white knight gets a lot of the public love, the whole clean upstanding role-model vibe that people celebrate and write songs about. But a dark knight does the ugly things that, though absolutely necessary, might not garner him understanding or sympathy.

Because Sherman's the hero Seattle deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll criticize him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a smack-talking guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

:slowclap:

mistaowen

Reaction score
Winterfell":r5nqfwcw said:

Can this please be archived? :retard_clap:

Throwdown

Reaction score
As long as Sherman isn't being a bad team mate, I don't see what the issue is.

Dude talks the talk, and backs it up.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Why are people bringing up Atlanta when Sherman slipped on that TD? Furthermore, Kam was playing for a while with an injury, one that required surgery recently. Let's just lay off our guys for a bit and rejoice in the knowledge that we are witnessing the birth of something truly epic, and simply enjoy it. Oh, and i love the fact that Sherm talks trash, Go Hawks!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1rci5f3i said:
Why are people bringing up Atlanta when Sherman slipped on that TD? Furthermore, Kam was playing for a while with an injury, one that required surgery recently. Let's just lay off our guys for a bit and rejoice in the knowledge that we are witnessing the birth of something truly epic, and simply enjoy it. Oh, and i love the fact that Sherm talks trash, Go Hawks!

No, plenty of people around here would rather dance around in pink tutus talking about how gee-golly-awful the words coming out of Sherman's mouth are, and won't somebody please think of the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts