Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3a9f2c0i said:
Tone it down a bit, Roland. ;)

I can't. I can't help it. I love Richard Sherman the player, I love Richard Sherman the smack-talker, and I love Richard Sherman the nerd. We've got the guy that will probably be the best CB in the NFL on an annual basis going forward, (2013 will be a telling season, with Revis back; but even so, compare Revis's second year to Sherman's) and people are whining about his mouth. It irks me. I find it irksome. :)

hawker84

Reaction score
kidhawk":2cl0rblk said:
hawker84":2cl0rblk said:
well if it comes to light the Revis or another group indeed started the debate and called Sherman out, i'll be the first to issue an apology to him on this board... but knowing Sherman as i have grown to know him this last season.. you have to question if that's the case..

don't get me wrong i love sherman, and i absolutely love him on this team.. i just feel he could tone it down a bit, especially in the off season...

You can't just "tone down" who you are. Sherman isn't a "Dog and Pony Show", he is who he is, and that is a man with something to prove. Is he cocky? Yea, but you can't just turn on and off who you are. Like him or hate him, Sherman is a VERY (some would say overly, but not me) confident person and NFL player. He likes social media and fans love to talk about him. IMO it's all just overblown nonsense, like so so many things in the off season

Yep you're absolutely right.. i would like to see him tone it down personally, doesn't mean it'll happen.. he is who he is.

love him or leave him..... I choose love...

OP
OP
Axx

Axx

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":18ch0g8d said:
Sherman is becoming obnoxious, this isn' t New York keep your mouth closed.

This is how Pete Carroll likes his players, and if he keeps playing like this i dont care what he says.

Also alot of people talk about how he fell down on that one pass, Kam was suppose to help over the top but bit the play action badly and was burned, If anything that was on Kam.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sherman is exactly the type of personality this team needs. Watch his mic'd up video or the secondary's pregame "I GOT THAT SWAG" chant and tell me he's not giving the guys a boost out there. He gives great balance to Wilson's poise and Pete's energetic positivity. Love the personalities on this team, especially because they're so varied. Definitely reminds me of those mid-90s Sonics with Payton, Kemp, Detlef, Hersey, Nate and Big Smooth each being leaders in their own unique ways.

OP
OP
Axx

Axx

Reaction score
hawker84":2yb35k35 said:
"Who's to say Sherman threw his name out there? It's twitter. He could have been reading tweets from others and just made his own to set them straight. We don't know that he just up and decided to randomly proclaim himself better than Revis".

Good Point, didn't think of that...

Just like he was "asked" what he thought about the Skins WR squad, Sherman gets asked alot of questions by the media and he gives us HONEST answers, I'd rather have answers with personality instead of same ol' generic stuff .

drdiags

Reaction score
Sherm is a big personality and one of our posters helped project him into the national spotlight with the "U Mad Bro" meme. The story about him and Earl trash-talking Brady didn't have as much impact as that single image. Got NFLAM to track him down, lead to NFLN wanting to get him and Browner on the show. The PED issue was fueled by the leak Schefter made but what motivated the leak from someone inside the NFL?

I sometimes cringe about things surrounding Sherman, but only because I am being a mother hen. I don't want Sherman entering into a Chad Ochocinco Johnson and Terrill Owens persona or maybe a DeAngelo Hall. I bet if he was a 1st round pick he would still be the same. He just has that something some athletes have. Ali probably could have toned it down. In the end, all athletes will find themselves on the downside of a career. Whatever Sherman can use to keep him performing at a high level, the better for him.

Carroll asked him to move his celebrations to the sidelines if they are going to get a penalty, but at some point when Sherman is getting paid and he will be, it is going to be that much harder to keep him under control.

I don't like blowhards, bragging or self-promoting athletes but they have existed throughout sports. They just have more avenues to express their views of themselves. And yes, I would rather have an vociferous All-Pro CB instead of a quiet as a church mouse, physically dominated Kelly Jennings.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Heres a PFF article that compares them. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... lle-revis/

MontanaHawk05":4azqptbx said:
We spend years grinding our teeth over Kelly Jennings and longing for a shutdown corner, and when we get one, we gripe.

:13:
Personally i don't think he's as good as Revis yet, but I have no problem with his trash talk, confidence, swag, bravado whatever you want to call it. As long as he backs the talk up, he can say whatever the hell he wants.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Everyone has there own opionion and they are entitled to them so i'm gonig to addres my comment collectivly with what i precive as true statements. (snicker)

-Sherman is good on the field.
-He is respected by our team and coaches.
-he is paid rookie pay.
-he Runs his mouth to opposing teams to get in there heads
-Opposing players that cross the line with him, appoligize.
-He is educated and intellegent.

When i think about the above statements that sounds like a good player to me

What i know about the people on this board... Myself included.
-We complain when we lose.
-We complain when we win.
-When we get a good player we nit pick.
- when we have a bad player we really nit pick
- and Finally if we had a team of all of the best players we would start arguing about why they wear white socks vs green socks.
Muahahaha

Killa Kam

Reaction score
iigakusei":30r64ip0 said:
Love Sherman....off field stuff is getting tiresome.

What off field stuff? Has he gotten arrested, bashed the team, disrespected anybody, not performed to standard? Good god, we have the whiniest fan base of them all, some of you are so desperate to find something to complain about.

U Mad Bro?, Wishing Harbaugh a Happy Birthday, Calling himself Optimus Prime is all harmless trash talk, some of you need to lighten up.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The season is over, the Seahawks are all done, and the NFL world is talking about Dick Sure. Mission accomplished.

For the record, I think at his peak, Revis was better. Now? ACL injury isn't nothing.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1fmecszp said:
I'm not really sure why Sherman is picking this fight? I love the guy, but it's not like he can leverage this into a paycheck this off season.
You bet, his self confidence is only going to take him just so far, and besides, NO Corner in the League is so elite that he can't be scored on, not Sherman, and not even Revis.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":6yvqwj16 said:
We spend years grinding our teeth over Kelly Jennings and longing for a shutdown corner, and when we get one, we gripe.

For future reference, can you tell us what exactly is the talent or productivity level where a player is no longer allowed to act like an ass? Maybe a sliding scale, or graph would help.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Stopped reading after page 2 when this thread took a turn for the pussy.

Some people around here have no idea how swagger really works. Sherman is a world class shut down press cover corner and shut down corners like him often need to talk trash as a big part of their mental game. That battle vs the WR on the outside is the ultimate 1 on 1 in the sport and the very first step toward dominating your opponent is BELIEVING that you're going to dominate your opponent. He's already getting in the head of every WR we're going to face next year and he's getting his own head ready for the battle by letting everyone (including himself) know he's the best. Now he has to go back it up.

I absolutely LOVE Richard Sherman. Possibly my favorite Hawk right now... but there's so many great ones to choose from. What an awesome time to be a Hawk's fan!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
CANHawk":2egwpqfv said:
Stopped reading after page 2 when this thread took a turn for the pussy.

Some people around here have no idea how swagger really works. Sherman is a world class shut down press cover corner and shut down corners like him often need to talk trash as a big part of their mental game. That battle vs the WR on the outside is the ultimate 1 on 1 in the sport and the very first step toward dominating your opponent is BELIEVING that you're going to dominate your opponent. He's already getting in the head of every WR we're going to face next year and he's getting his own head ready for the battle by letting everyone (including himself) know he's the best. Now he has to go back it up.

I absolutely LOVE Richard Sherman. Possibly my favorite Hawk right now... but there's so many great ones to choose from. What an awesome time to be a Hawk's fan!
This...it's one big mental game he's playing and I haven't seen him lose once yet.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
-The Glove-":np40dvcy said:
This...it's one big mental game he's playing and I haven't seen him lose once yet.

Guess you didn't see the Atlanta game.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3uv2xr96 said:
-The Glove-":3uv2xr96 said:

Guess you didn't see the Atlanta game.
:sob_story:
You should learn another tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.