Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawker84

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27o1xj9q said:
NFSeahawks628":27o1xj9q said:
Sherman is becoming obnoxious, this isn' t New York keep your mouth closed.

This isn't Catholic Sunday School class, either. To everyone complaining about Sherm's mouth: less whining would be nice.

i don't think wanting or expecting your team to act in a more dignified or professional manner is whining at all?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawker84":dz55rwkt said:
i don't think wanting or expecting your team to act in a more dignified or professional manner is whining at all?

Corporate suit-seats for golf-clapping on good plays while watching NFL games with a glass of pinot grigio in your hand are in Dallas, not Seattle. It's thataway --->

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2fj7hes5 said:
TJH":2fj7hes5 said:
The dude needs to learn a little bit of how to act from Wilson. Tired of the bragging and talk.

Or we can embrace the smack talk! Enjoy it even? We have arguably the best corner in the league, who isn't afraid to talk some smack, and backs it up on the field! He's our new GP!

I know a lot of Seahawk fans are old school, quiet/silent style, the Steve Largent types (and Russell Wilson). Don't say a word, let your actions speak for themselves, act like you've been there before, yadda yadda yadda. But there's nothing wrong with having players with personality.

But c'mon get out of your comfort zones a bit, embrace the Sherman smack talk, its a lot more fun when you do.

Unsolicited smack from your twitter account after getting knocked out of the playoffs is what some of us are rolling our eyes at. I love the way he plays and loved his week-to-week attitude during the season, but if he keeps it up year round it will get tired pretty quick, imo. Sure love that he's on my team, though.

hawker84

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":172j40ad said:
hawker84":172j40ad said:

Corporate suit-seats for golf-clapping on good plays while watching NFL games with a glass of pinot grigio in your hand are in Dallas, not Seattle. It's thataway --->

spare me...

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawker84":13g1e37e said:
kidhawk":13g1e37e said:
bestfightstory":13g1e37e said:
Roland and kidhawk. I have never heard a Sehawks fan complain about Sherman's on-field performance.

Some of us just prefer a more ?dignified? approach to the game.... Think Cortez. Or Kenny Easley..

Different Strokes.

That's fine, I'm not here to tell you which players to like or dislike, but it's not like sherman is being disrespectful here, he's not putting down anyone here, he's just elevating himself. Different people have different personalities. You can't have a team in the NFL of all nice guys on the field, or you will not be too successful. Each team, not unlike a family unit, needs different personalities to survive. I wouldn't want an entire team of Shermans, nor (no matter how much I love him) would I want an entire team of Wilsons. I like the chemistry our team has right now and Sherman puts his own little spin on it.

Kid i hear what you're saying and agree with it for the most part.. but there are more productive way to lift yourself up... i'm sure Revis takes some offense to the fact the Sherman through his name out there like this... which wasn't necesarry.... all he had to do was say, i think i'm the top corner in the league , here's my numbers to back that up... if Revis wanted to challenge , then he could... you can talk smack and still keep it classy.

Who's to say Sherman threw his name out there? It's twitter. He could have been reading tweets from others and just made his own to set them straight. We don't know that he just up and decided to randomly proclaim himself better than Revis. It's weird that fans of his own team don't even want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Like the many who proclaimed his guilt on the PED charge. There were plenty that didn't want to wait for the outcome and just thought he was guilty. I guarantee there are still some today who think he was guilty, because they decided that upon hearing the charges. This is just the way it works in this world. Personally, I don't really care as long as he doesn't go too far out there (such as berating others and such) as long as he's just being confidently cocky, I really have no problem with it.

As for Revis having an issue with it, I doubt he does. If he did, I'm sure he'd say so. He's not exactly the shy and quiet type either.

TJH

Reaction score
Can you imagine the hate on this board if Sherm was a 49er?

We would be ballistic.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawker84":ro7axq4n said:
RolandDeschain":ro7axq4n said:

spare me...
I don't know, I thought it was kind of a clever response on my part, and I amused myself by typing it. :) I could be wrong. It definitely happens aplenty.

TJH":ro7axq4n said:

We would be ballistic.
I'd be hella jealous. :( Hell, I'm hella jealous about Justin Smith. He's the best player on that roster.

TJH

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2732b55r said:
TJH":2732b55r said:

We would be ballistic.
I'd be hella jealous. :(

Perhaps, but he would be public enemy #1 in Seattle.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2yvdsal1 said:
TJH":2yvdsal1 said:

We would be ballistic.
I'd be hella jealous. :( Hell, I'm hella jealous about Justin Smith. He's the best player on that roster.

Could you imagine a healthy Clemons next to a Justin Smith? Or even Bruce Irvin....

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
joeshaney":2d0lvw8w said:
Sarlacc83":2d0lvw8w said:
I'm not really sure why Sherman is picking this fight? I love the guy, but it's not like he can leverage this into a paycheck this off season.

If you don't know why than u don't know Sherman.
Drafted in the 5th round passed over by 32 teams 4 times including his college coach.
He is a prideful competitor with oozing confidence. This is who he is and those who wish he be quiet don't know him.

Thanks?

Seriously, though, your comment is pretty much useless to the point of my question. Just because he oozes confidence doesn't explain his end game by making this comparison. It really doesn't. And if he doesn't have an end game, then why open your mouth when it's the OFF SEASON.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kidhawk":1demiiyb said:
Could you imagine a healthy Clemons next to a Justin Smith? Or even Bruce Irvin....

Dude, Fat Bastard from Austin Powers could get 10 sacks/year lining up next to Justin Smith. (Sorry, mods; but it's his name in the movies!)

hawker84

Reaction score
"Who's to say Sherman threw his name out there? It's twitter. He could have been reading tweets from others and just made his own to set them straight. We don't know that he just up and decided to randomly proclaim himself better than Revis".

Good Point, didn't think of that...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawker84":3l0nc1u8 said:
Good Point, didn't think of that...

Nobody seems to. A lot of Tweets from people all over Twitter are directed at specific people, or certain groups (49ers fans sending him hate-Tweets) of people.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We spend years grinding our teeth over Kelly Jennings and longing for a shutdown corner, and when we get one, we gripe.

hawker84

Reaction score
well if it comes to light the Revis or another group indeed started the debate and called Sherman out, i'll be the first to issue an apology to him on this board... but knowing Sherman as i have grown to know him this last season.. you have to question if that's the case..

don't get me wrong i love sherman, and i absolutely love him on this team.. i just feel he could tone it down a bit, especially in the off season...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":l5yxtt63 said:
We spend years grinding our teeth over Kelly Jennings and longing for a shutdown corner, and when we get one, we gripe.

I KNOW! It's pathetic, isn't it? You won't see me whining about Sherman, that's for damned sure; and I was one of the more vocal Kelly Jennings-haters.

This thread is making me /facepalm. Hard.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawker84":zmh0tprm said:
well if it comes to light the Revis or another group indeed started the debate and called Sherman out, i'll be the first to issue an apology to him on this board... but knowing Sherman as i have grown to know him this last season.. you have to question if that's the case..

don't get me wrong i love sherman, and i absolutely love him on this team.. i just feel he could tone it down a bit, especially in the off season...

You can't just "tone down" who you are. Sherman isn't a "Dog and Pony Show", he is who he is, and that is a man with something to prove. Is he cocky? Yea, but you can't just turn on and off who you are. Like him or hate him, Sherman is a VERY (some would say overly, but not me) confident person and NFL player. He likes social media and fans love to talk about him. IMO it's all just overblown nonsense, like so so many things in the off season

bestfightstory

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3okliazy said:
MontanaHawk05":3okliazy said:

I KNOW! It's pathetic, isn't it? You won't see me whining about Sherman, that's for damned sure; and I was one of the more vocal Kelly Jennings-haters.

This thread is making me /facepalm. Hard.

Tone it down a bit, Roland. ;)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
One thing about Sherman is he's never malicious or disrespectful with his smacktalk. The only time I heard him getting close to that was when he told Garcon "You suck!" Then again, that whole Redskins team went at him before and during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.