Christ...Kaepernick trademarks "Kaepernicking"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2t0s66u1 said:
Shaz":2t0s66u1 said:
Yeah I don't buy that one bit

That's fine. I'm not trying to sell. Perhaps you're too desperate to buy.

Perhaps your explanation lacks any merit but hey that's just my view on it

IronSaint

Reaction score
Trademarking something he stole from someone else huh? :49ersmall:

Attachments

• Will Smith.jpg
    Will Smith.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 6,107

RonnieLott42

Reaction score
-Q: Is that the tattoo you’re kissing–the one you’re talking about before?

-KAEPERNICK: I have “faith” down my right bicep and I have “to God the glory” on my right arm as well.

-Q: What does that mean to you?

-KAEPERNICK: No. 1 is kind of my way of saying I don’t really care what people think about my tattoos. I got them for me and to show people this is what I believe in. And God has brought me this far, He’s laid out a phenomenal path for me and I can do nothing but thank him.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... a-bad-day/

NinerLifer

Reaction score
I think that he is young and is having fun. By "Kaepernicking" he isn't trying to show disrespect to any player on the field, just the reporter that wrote that dumb article a while back.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Keapernick is fast approaching punchable douche level Cutler.

hawker84

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1859u40f said:
I think that he is young and is having fun. By "Kaepernicking" he isn't trying to show disrespect to any player on the field, just the reporter that wrote that dumb article a while back.

i'll agree with your niner, he's a young kid playing a game and having fun.. i would suspect he has some growing up to do, as do many in the league including my man Sherman...

however i do disagree with you about disrespecting other players.. on that scramble against GB , he slid down, and was hit, he got up and spiked the ball at the defenders head who was lying on the ground.. and subsequently recieved a 15 yrd unsportmanlike penalty.. the defender took emmediate acception to him doing that and got in his face.. he felt disrespected.. not to mention when he was pushed out of bounds on the packers side line, he then got into it with some of the players over there...

i don't mind the enthusiasm he shows, hell i really don't care about the bicept kiss, but he carries himself on the field in a less classy manner then say RW, or a Peyton Manning, and that's a fact...

Marvin49

Reaction score
This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long, long time.

Ya know whats really funny about it? The amount of time you guys spend hating Kaep, Harbaugh and the Niners. Its really comical. The Seahawks are a damn good team with some young players and have a future...but you guys are SOOOO obsessed with hating the 49ers. There was a poll on ESPN about who was going to win the NFC Championship game. The 49ers won in 48 states. The two they didn't? Georgia (obviously) and Washington. That cracked me up.

You guys are so delusional about it that you need to make stuff up. Even the players do it. That thing about Harbaugh honking at the Seahawk team bus? Never happened. All those perceived slights by Harbaugh? Fantasy. For some reason you guys need to justify your hatred....and its sad.

Now you've moved on to Kaepernick. Good kid. An idiotic article was written about his tattoos so the week after that he scored on a 50 yard TD run. He kissed the tattoo on his arm as an F-U to his critics. Since then it's taken on a life of its own. He trademarked Kaepernicking (the word, not the action) so he could sell the t-shirts and sell them for charity. Why? Kaep is adopted. He has 2 older siblings. After his parents had those kids, they tried to have 2 more...but each time those children died very early on due to heart defects. Turns out they each had a condition that would produce a child with that defect 50% of the time. Thats why they adopted Colin. That is why he works with that particular charity. Thats where the money goes.

You guys would ALL have been LOVING this if it were Wilson. Instead...he wears red and gold, so its "punchable douche level Cutler". I wish you guys could step back and hear what you sound like. Its really an embarassment to your entire fanbase.

Its all good to not like the 49ers. I can't stand the Seahawks. I'm not gonna attack Wilsons character tho. He's a great kid and has a bright future. You guys are just making fools of yourselves.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":3kcblofo said:
NinerLifer":3kcblofo said:

i'll agree with your niner, he's a young kid playing a game and having fun.. i would suspect he has some growing up to do, as do many in the league including my man Sherman...

however i do disagree with you about disrespecting other players.. on that scramble against GB , he slid down, and was hit, he got up and spiked the ball at the defenders head who was lying on the ground.. and subsequently recieved a 15 yrd unsportmanlike penalty.. the defender took emmediate acception to him doing that and got in his face.. he felt disrespected.. not to mention when he was pushed out of bounds on the packers side line, he then got into it with some of the players over there...

i don't mind the enthusiasm he shows, hell i really don't care about the bicept kiss, but he carries himself on the field in a less classy manner then say RW, or a Peyton Manning, and that's a fact...

I wouldn't go that far....but I was actually pretty pissed when he did that. BTW, the REASON he did that was because the LB who hit him from behind drove him into the ground. He was fired up and PISSED.

Still, it was a bad move...and he learned a lesson. He also threw a TD strike to Crabtree 2 plays later.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin, you just made a fool of your own self. Firstly, you have no proof about the bus thing. You're just being a homer yourself in claiming that Seahawks players are lying about it. Secondly, perceived slights? Get specific, what are you referring to? Certainly not Harbaugh being a petulant douche on the sideline; he's that for a fact. Also classless. See: going for two at the end of the 4th quarter when up by 5 scores. Compare that to Carroll putting in his backup QB 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter when his team's smoking the Cardinals by comparison.

As far as kissing his bicep, that has an arrogant connotation and has for a very long time, long before mister "all-world" Kaepernick, who won his job due to injury by a mediocre QB after riding the pine for a year-and-a-half, was in the NFL. So, make excuses for him kissing his bicep all you want, but it reeks of arrogance and egotism. Also, don't give me that BS about it being his "thanking God" celebration after TDs, either. Leviticus 19:28 says: "You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks on you: I am the LORD." So, if he was actually religious in any meaningful way, he wouldn't get tatted up in the first place.

Believe we'd all love Wilson if he kissed his bicep if you want, but I know I sure wouldn't. No NFL player should do it, especially not one that doesn't even have biceps to speak of.

Also, don't try to play some moral high ground card about not attacking Wilson's character. You can't attack his character because he's a bland politician as far as his public persona goes; there's nothing to attack. I wish he'd be a little more lively in that regard.

Last, but not least; yes, some of our dislike is because he's a 49er. Duh. Are you going to try and tell me you wouldn't dislike a Nazi because of their affiliation if you don't know anything about them? I'm not saying the 49ers are Nazis, I'm just saying, don't try to act like you don't judge a book by its cover, as well.

What a joke.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":3oasq83i said:

Ya know whats really funny about it? The amount of time you guys spend hating Kaep, Harbaugh and the Niners. Its really comical. The Seahawks are a damn good team with some young players and have a future...but you guys are SOOOO obsessed with hating the 49ers. There was a poll on ESPN about who was going to win the NFC Championship game. The 49ers won in 48 states. The two they didn't? Georgia (obviously) and Washington. That cracked me up.

You guys are so delusional about it that you need to make stuff up. Even the players do it. That thing about Harbaugh honking at the Seahawk team bus? Never happened. All those perceived slights by Harbaugh? Fantasy. For some reason you guys need to justify your hatred....and its sad.

Now you've moved on to Kaepernick. Good kid. An idiotic article was written about his tattoos so the week after that he scored on a 50 yard TD run. He kissed the tattoo on his arm as an F-U to his critics. Since then it's taken on a life of its own. He trademarked Kaepernicking (the word, not the action) so he could sell the t-shirts and sell them for charity. Why? Kaep is adopted. He has 2 older siblings. After his parents had those kids, they tried to have 2 more...but each time those children died very early on due to heart defects. Turns out they each had a condition that would produce a child with that defect 50% of the time. Thats why they adopted Colin. That is why he works with that particular charity. Thats where the money goes.

You guys would ALL have been LOVING this if it were Wilson. Instead...he wears red and gold, so its "punchable douche level Cutler". I wish you guys couldn't step back and hear what you sound like. Its really an embarassment to your entire fanbase.

Its all good to not like the 49ers. I can't stand the Seahawks. I'm not gonna attack Wilsons character tho. He's a great kid and has a bright future. You guys are just making fools of yourselves.

Well, simple fact here, Wilson acts like he has seen an end zone when he score. Kaepernick doesn't. After the Seattle loss, Kaepernicks presser was total Harbaugh, complete petulance to any media question. Classless. Did you see Wilson after we lost to the Falcons? Class.
FWIW, my dislike of Kaepernick's self aggrandizing personality goes back to when he was a college prospect. It isn't Niner hate. Which I have plenty of.

If you can't stand the Seahawks, why the hell are you here?

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qh9atdx said:
Marvin, you just made a fool of your own self. Firstly, you have no proof about the bus thing. You're just being a homer yourself in claiming that Seahawks players are lying about it. Secondly, perceived slights? Get specific, what are you referring to? Certainly not Harbaugh being a petulant douche on the sideline; he's that for a fact. Also classless. See: going for two at the end of the 4th quarter when up by 5 scores. Compare that to Carroll putting in his backup QB 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter when his team's smoking the Cardinals by comparison.

As far as kissing his bicep, that has an arrogant connotation and has for a very long time, long before mister "all-world" Kaepernick, who won his job due to injury by a mediocre QB after riding the pine for a year-and-a-half, was in the NFL. So, make excuses for him kissing his bicep all you want, but it reeks of arrogance and egotism. Also, don't give me that BS about it being his "thanking God" celebration after TDs, either. Leviticus 19:28 says: "You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks on you: I am the LORD." So, if he was actually religious in any meaningful way, he wouldn't get tatted up in the first place.

Believe we'd all love Wilson if he kissed his bicep if you want, but I know I sure wouldn't. No NFL player should do it, especially not one that doesn't even have biceps to speak of.

Also, don't try to play some moral high ground card about not attacking Wilson's character. You can't attack his character because he's a bland politician as far as his public persona goes; there's nothing to attack. I wish he'd be a little more lively in that regard.

Last, but not least; yes, some of our dislike is because he's a 49er. Duh. Are you going to try and tell me you wouldn't dislike a Nazi because of their affiliation if you don't know anything about them? I'm not saying the 49ers are Nazis, I'm just saying, don't try to act like you don't judge a book by its cover, as well.

What a joke.

Reading comprehention is clearly not your friend.

Who said anything about "thanking god"? He did it because peeps were being critical of his tats. He's kissing the TATTOO...not his bicep. Who cares how big the bicep is....its the TATTOO he's kissing. It's actually the word "Faith".

You also have no proof that the bus thing DID happen. Harbaugh has denied it and that goes against everything we know about the man (those of us who don't desparately want to hate him). Its funny tho...it seems that its always the Seahawks and Seahawks fans where this is an issue. Does Harbaugh get fired up on the sideline? Of course he does. So did Mike Ditka. DOn't even get me started on Pete Carroll.

Neither of those are even the point tho. Why do you guys even care? The only reason I'm even on this thread is because it was linked in a 49er forum.

I like Wilson...so I'm not even TRYING to find a reason to hate him. Heres another example tho....Richard Sherman is the very DEFINITION of total douche. I waste exactly zero time tho creating posts on how much I hate him. Pathetic.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2o1m38ls said:
Marvin49":2o1m38ls said:

You guys would ALL have been LOVING this if it were Wilson. Instead...he wears red and gold, so its "punchable douche level Cutler". I wish you guys couldn't step back and hear what you sound like. Its really an embarassment to your entire fanbase.

Well, simple fact here, Wilson acts like he has seen an end zone when he score. Kaepernick doesn't. After the Seattle loss, Kaepernicks presser was total Harbaugh, complete petulance to any media question. Classless. Did you see Wilson after we lost to the Falcons? Class.
FWIW, my dislike of Kaepernick's self aggrandizing personality goes back to when he was a college prospect. It isn't Niner hate. Which I have plenty of.

If you can't stand the Seahawks, why the hell are you here?

I am here because this thread was linked in a Niner forum....pretty much laughing hyserically at you guys.

I actually agree a bit with his response after the Seattle game. He hasn't dealt well with the media at all to be honest, but it isn't an issue of character. Its an issue with being uncomfortable in front of the camera. Yes, Wilson is very good in front of the camera. Good for him.

That doesn't mean he is somehow morally superior...no matter how much you guys wanna believe that.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Petulance is an issue of character, as is self aggrandizement. Kaepernick doesn't have a problem with the media after good games. I have no problem with a QB celebrating with his boys after success, but bicep kissing your tats, I don't care if they are naked ladies or scriptures, is a ME thing. That is Cam Newton style right there. And has no business with the leader of the team.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1uujta8c said:
Petulance is an issue of character, as is self aggrandizement. Kaepernick doesn't have a problem with the media after good games. I have no problem with a QB celebrating with his boys after success, but bicep kissing your tats, I don't care if they are naked ladies or scriptures, is a ME thing. That is Cam Newton style right there. And has no business with the leader of the team.

Sigh. :34853_doh:

This coming from a team with Richard Sherman on the roster.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":1rythpdq said:
Scottemojo":1rythpdq said:

He isn't the leader of our team, now is he?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2suyl8sv said:
Marvin49":2suyl8sv said:
Scottemojo":2suyl8sv said:

He isn't the leader of our team, now is he?

Right.

That makes it all better. Making sh*t up to hate the Niner QB is all good but pointing out that the biggest a-hole in the NFL is on your roster doesn't matter because he "isn't the leader".

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.