Pro Bowl Skills challenge

sliv

Reaction score
I want to see Wilson in the QB challenge ...anyone know when and what chanel?

OP
OP
S

sliv

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3kzwiu0m said:
I dont believe they do it anymore. I believe 2011 was the last year they did any kinds of skills challenge.

I think your right, was just trying to google it and found some similar info.....Wow what a bummer was looking foward to seeing Last name Wilson own the QB challenge, that really sucks, no fun league for sure.

blue 22

Reaction score
I would actually watch if they did that stuff. I always looked forward to watching darrell green from the redskins run in the nfl's fastest man competition or whatever it was... He always seemed to kick everyones butt. I could be off though... been awhile!

OP
OP
S

sliv

Reaction score
blue 22":1iulyb2t said:
I would actually watch if they did that stuff. I always looked forward to watching darrell green from the redskins run in the nfl's fastest man competition or whatever it was... He always seemed to kick everyones butt. I could be off though... been awhile!

yah man your right that dude was fast even as he got older, was cool event... Why Cancel it, makes no sense?

ensett

Reaction score
I believe they quit the challenges in 2008. I remember hasselbeck won the QB challenge one year

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
So they still play the game that nobody likes but they quit doing the skills comp that was actually worth watching? Sweet.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
razgriz737":3pxy3nl7 said:
Why'd they get rid of that stuff? I liked that more than the actual game.

A rookie Patriots running back Robert Edwards tore up his knee playing beach flag football as part of the pro bowl festivities. I think that was pretty much the end of it. Although my time line might be a little bit off. personally I wish they'd just get rid fo the game.

JKent82

Reaction score
Prefer a large skills competition, and various mini team games. Like 7 on 7 flag football or something. Make teams and have like tug of war or golf or something. Gotta think the networks would love that kinda thing.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That sucks that they got rid of the competition segments. That was by far better than the actual game itself.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
They should have a limbo competition, that's Russ's jam.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
They could have a chess tourney.

Or like a joust or a melee. I dunno, just throwing stuff out there.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":crnjefwe said:
They could have a chess tourney.

Knowing Russell Wilson and his attention to detail, it'd be cool to see how he'd open up.

The Taimanov Sicilian or the sicilian najdorf, hell even playing the Alekhine. All nice openings if you can carry the strategy throughout.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3cvxnxey said:
So they still play the game that nobody likes but they quit doing the skills comp that was actually worth watching? Sweet.

Yep, seems backwards.

mikeak

Reaction score
So playing football in sand - ok get it let the players do that on their free time but there is an injury risk

throwing the ball or going through some drills they do in practice - really could have kept that in..........

hawker84

Reaction score
yep fastest man always came down to darryl Green and James Lofton.. fast dudes, till Skeets Neahamia showed up.. Skeeeetz.

Zowert

Reaction score
ensett":yfnxg0e8 said:
I believe they quit the challenges in 2008. I remember hasselbeck won the QB challenge one year

This.

It would've been sweet to see DangeRuss in the QB challenge. Just look at the drills they had them do:

[youtube]0zGucCrzIzs[/youtube]

This was Ben Rapelisberger in 2005..

Russ would've OWNED at the drill that starts at 0:24 in the video above. But I'd really like to see how he would do in the moving target accuracy thing.. Also the longest throw competition, of course, because I think Wilson's arm strength is way underrated. At least I think that because you never hear anyone in sports media talk about how strong his arm is, or the absolute bullets he can throw down the middle. Or perhaps i'm a bit biased and RW has the same velocity as every other starting NFL QB.

Latest posts