Gruden

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
He can - he doesn't want to. He's got a cozy job doing MNF, making a truck load of cash and far away from the grind and stress of being an NFL coach.

He already has a Super Bowl ring...so that helps.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
He wanted one more year of making mel kiper jr look like the hot air balloon count chocula dimwit that he is?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Gruden has little kids he is spending lots of time with. He makes a boatload from ESPN, and his QB series for the draft has been a winner. He doesn't want to coach right now.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
It appears his staff is being assembled in Dallas.

mikeak

Reaction score
Scottemojo":14uop8q4 said:
Gruden has little kids he is spending lots of time with. .

Before I had kids I wouldn't have gotten the importance of this. Now with small kids the motivation to work the 50-60 hour weeks to get ahead is completely gone. I would rather work 70% with less income than work an extra hour. I think some of it comes back when you get older but right now with little ones hitting the bed earlier etc you just want to get home and enjoy your family.

A football coach can choose family like Gruden apparently has done or he can choose his team like Andy Reid..... One guy makes society a better place and the other makes society a worse place. Personally I despise Andy Reid and it is completely unrelated to his success on the football field and 100% because of his failure as a father