OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
McGruff":1e1m986i said:
Scottemojo":1e1m986i said:
kearly":1e1m986i said:
Here is what I'm wondering, can he play the 5? Finding a guy with Red Bryant size that can rush the QB is even rarer than finding a good 3-tech.
That was my thought too. Having a guy who can play both Red and Branches spot.

At the same time?

JMO, but Red and Brmach's spot are too very different roles by design. The 5 tech is Pete's scheme is more like nose tackle, and the 3 Tech is more like a traditional strong side end. They didn't just do that because of Red, they did it because Red fit what they wanted out there.

What they haven't found is a legit 3 tech. Finding that will free up Clem and Irvin even more.

I'm leaning toward Short or Jones in that role.
You aren't wrong, but you are wrong! I should have said 5 tech and Red Bryant defensive end. (Red is so big, I think he plays the 7,8,9 tech at the same time) Pete really wants that one defensive end to be able to two gap, he was going to move Branch over there if Red missed time. A more accurate statement would be if a guy could both one and two gap successfully rather than describe where he lines up.

Could this guy do both? I think he could. In one on ones at the Senior bowl, he was just killing guards and centers single gapping up the middle, and in the college footage I saw, he played those outside roles too.

McGruff

Reaction score
I guess I'm saying I'm not overly concerned about Red's spot. I want someone who can 3 tech at a high level. Period.

GCrow

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2jyf3qry said:
Ansah in the first
Williams in the 2nd
Da'Rick Rodgers in the 3rd

Make it happen.

Be giddy like a schoolboy

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
McGruff":38llayyi said:
I guess I'm saying I'm not overly concerned about Red's spot. I want someone who can 3 tech at a high level. Period.

This is how I feel. Rushing the passer with a big 5-tech just feels like a fundamentally flawed idea in a 4-3.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
cover-2":ztrrn94t said:
Brandon Williams is now near the top of my Seahawks draft wish list. From what little I have seen of him his short area quickness looks just as good as Kawann Short's & Williams is 30+ pounds bigger.
Here is a quick article on him; http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1424 ... n-williams
If he has a combine like he thinks he can, does anyone believe what happened with POE could happen with this guy? He is becoming one of my favorite players in this draft and would be happy if the FO took him in the 1st.