Mel Kiper re-grades 2012 draft

Winterfell

Reaction score
If our upcoming draft is anywhere near as good as our previous one, we'll literally be bursting at the ears with talent.

Our practice squad would be comprised of potential starters on a team like the Jets or Browns lol.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Chawker":1b9lmi6u said:
Mel Kiper reminds me of a weatherman's prediction 30 years ago. Right about 30% of the time.

Wait, are you trying to say that weather predictions are more accurate now than they were 30 years ago? :)

mikeak

Reaction score
From the article

" The one pick I really questioned then and still feel the same way about is Bruce Irvin at No. 15 overall"

Did ANYONE else watch the draft and think that the ONE pick he really questioned was the Bruce Irvin pick? I really had this nagging feeling that he also QUESTIONED... the RW pick.

Just saying I don't see him admitting to anything at all. He is now focusing on how he said RW was a testcase. That wasn't his focus at the time that was his escape route slid in there among all the "this isn't going to work talk"

Rat

Reaction score
Gruden refuses to be critical of anyone. His Captain Sunshine act makes MNF almost unbearable sometimes. I don't give him any credit for taking the safe route every time.

BGHawk

Reaction score
Why would somebody want to grade the draft immedietly after the draft..makes no sense. It should wait until after the season. You dont grade a test until the test has been taken..dimwits

Rat

Reaction score
BGHawk":17d7wqlh said:
Why would somebody want to grade the draft immedietly after the draft..makes no sense. It should wait until after the season. You dont grade a test until the test has been taken..dimwits
Entertainment purposes. Predictions are interesting, just like when we all predict the Seahawks record at the beginning of the season.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Rat":3205bfzy said:
Gruden refuses to be critical of anyone. His Captain Sunshine act makes MNF almost unbearable sometimes. I don't give him any credit for taking the safe route every time.
So you're saying he took "the safe route" with his support of Wilson? I 'd say the odds were against him. He was about the only guy in RW's corner. Maybe you really meant he chose to be optimistic and that grates on you somehow?We are talking about Gruden as it relates to Russell Wilson -something he put a lot of homework into. We are not talking about Gruden as a MNF announcer.

Rat

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2w99etq7 said:
Rat":2w99etq7 said:
So you're saying he took "the safe route" with his support of Wilson? I 'd say the odds were against him. He was about the only guy in RW's corner. Maybe you really meant he chose to be optimistic and that grates on you somehow?We are talking about Gruden as it relates to Russell Wilson -something he put a lot of homework into. We are not talking about Gruden as a MNF announcer.
By "safe route", I'm referring to how he gushes about everyone. You take a lot more heat when you're critical and are wrong than vice versa. He makes sure to get no enemies. Probably does that in case he decides to go back into coaching.

kearly

Reaction score
Gruden does keep things mostly positive on his FFCA segments talking to QB prospects, but he GUSHED about Wilson. Then at the end of the segment he looked into the camera and had a speech saying how he thought Wilson was the steal of the draft. I had never seen anything like it from Gruden before. Then you had the draft weekend theatrics where his father-like defensiveness for Wilson was palpable.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And of course, Aaron Curry was the "safest pick in the draft"
One of the all time worst calls by an "expert" :shock:

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":37rmic3w said:
Much like Daytomann's post in the Shack, I give him absolutely zero credit for admitting the obvious.
Its like saying I knew the Ravens would win the super bowl after he picked SF. His grades arent reliable so I`ll listen to someone else.

BadGuy711

Reaction score
BGHawk":31vrg6oh said:

I would like to see Draft Grades, or Drafts re-done after 3 seasons. That would really give perspective.

McGruff

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2h4hxmjw said:
And of course, Aaron Curry was the "safest pick in the draft"
One of the all time worst calls by an "expert" :shock:

To be fair, everyone was wrong about Curry.

mikeak

Reaction score
This isn't science - they are right on some, wrong on some and guess what so are 32 GM's, Head-coaches and owners.... There are undrafted players making an impact the very same season and there are first round players that are bust.

So Kiper didn't like RW well we got him in the 3rd round - clearly he wasn't alone in this thinking.......

bmorepunk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1vblu0ru said:
Chawker":1vblu0ru said:
Mel Kiper reminds me of a weatherman's prediction 30 years ago. Right about 30% of the time.

Wait, are you trying to say that weather predictions are more accurate now than they were 30 years ago? :)

They are substantially more accurate, but you may be thrown off by your TV and radio sensationalism (they tend to exaggerate for excitement). I suggest using NOAA's web site.