What's up 12's......I come in peace!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
What's up 12's......I come in peace!
Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:39 am
  • Hey guys! Let me start off by saying that I am fully aware of the issues that this board has with Niner fans coming on here and trolling. I want you all to know that I just want to talk about football with you guys, and not start any problems.

I know that most of you don't want the Niners to win the SB this year, and I understand that since there is an obvious huge rivalry developing between our teams. So all I can say is thanks for having me here, and I look forward to talking with you guys about football. :)
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Re: What's up 12's......I come in peace!
Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:20 am
  • If only all niner fans could control themselves like this, i wouldnt be rooting so hard against them
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:33 am
  • Just give us Justin Smith and everything will be OK.
    Doug Baldwin does nothing but Save QB's!
    TundraApe
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:35 am
  • Trade us Kaepernick for Wilson.

I kid, i kid
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:43 am
  • TundraApe wrote:Just give us Justin Smith and everything will be OK.

LOL

You know I can't stand his attitude on the field, but Sherman is a very talented CB that makes every QB seem crazy for throwing it his way.

I think the NFCW has established the new standard in defense!
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:44 am
  • Pstark3 wrote:Trade us Kaepernick for Wilson.

I kid, i kid

I think we both agree that neither of us would make that trade. ;)
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:26 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Pstark3 wrote:Trade us Kaepernick for Wilson.

I kid, i kid

the niners would make that trade in a heartbeat. Kaep is good, but he's one-read-then-run, where Wilson has HoF written all over him at this point. That's not homerism, almost every media outlet would agree. Wison makes better reads, is smarter, has as much arm and can run well, and his work eithic is light years ahead of Kaep's.

If Schneider called the niners and offered Wilson for Kaep in a straight-up trade, you better believe the niners would be all over that.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:49 am
  • Nah, this guy is a rare one! I've only seen 2 other Niner fans come and act civil, welcome!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:52 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    TundraApe wrote:Just give us Justin Smith and everything will be OK.

LOL

You know I can't stand his attitude on the field, but Sherman is a very talented CB that makes every QB seem crazy for throwing it his way.

He's one of those players, if he was on your team, you'd love him.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:57 am
  • Just wait til someone says we prefer Wilson over Kaepernutz, or why our player deserves this or that over a Ninner player. It all goes down hill from there. No good can come from this. Welcome anyhow.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:02 am
  • I don't mind if the Whiners win next week. I think I would love to see the Hawks not the "defending Super Bowl' champs on their A$$ next year.
    kjreid
    NET Starter

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:07 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:
    Pstark3 wrote:Trade us Kaepernick for Wilson.

I kid, i kid

the niners would make that trade in a heartbeat. Kaep is good, but he's one-read-then-run, where Wilson has HoF written all over him at this point. That's not homerism, almost every media outlet would agree. Wison makes better reads, is smarter, has as much arm and can run well, and his work eithic is light years ahead of Kaep's.

If Schneider called the niners and offered Wilson for Kaep in a straight-up trade, you better believe the niners would be all over that.

Agree to disagree. :)
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:09 am
  • screw all that, i'd rather see them loose, and then Knock them on their a** next season... kap's good, darn good, but i'll take wilson every day over kap, just for the leadership and preperational skills alone, not to mention he's a winner plain and simple.. but skill wise, i give Kap all the props in the world, needs to be a little smarter with on field stuff though.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:17 am
  • KARAVARUS wrote:Just wait til someone says we prefer Wilson over Kaepernutz, or why our player deserves this or that over a Ninner player. It all goes down hill from there. No good can come from this. Welcome anyhow.

You see that's where I'm different. I recognize that I am an intruder on enemy ground here, and know that there is no patience for that kind of behavior on this MB from the mods due to recent troll behavior. And as such, what I say and think in reply is edited before I type it on here LOL.

I respect you guys as passionate fans of your team, and appreciate the ability to talk with you guys in regards to our two teams.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:20 am
  • Greeny on Mike n Mike is creaming over Kaepernutz all morning long, and Herm Edwards is letting it happen. I may barf.

I ask myself --- "Why would a Niner fan want to come here and talk football with us?"

Oh yeah, cause they are in the Super Bowl. And then I say words that need to be shacked.

I'm no diplomat...just get out! Our differences are too great.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:22 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:Hey guys! Let me start off by saying that I am fully aware of the issues that this board has with Niner fans coming on here and trolling. I want you all to know that I just want to talk about football with you guys, and not start any problems.

I know that most of you don't want the Niners to win the SB this year, and I understand that since there is an obvious huge rivalry developing between our teams. So all I can say is thanks for having me here, and I look forward to talking with you guys about football. :)

Welcome (cautiously). Let me ask, did you create an account over on the Rams and Cards boards as well? It seems the Niner fans are coming over here more than other fans from our division. Don't know if they're looking for some pat on the back or looking for feedback cus they're playing in two Sundays. If its either, they're not getting it here for the most part. Even when we were in the AFC West did I root for the divison if it wasn't us playing in the playoffs/big game. Didn't do it then and surely won't do it now.

GO RAVENS!
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:24 am
  • KARAVARUS wrote:Greeny on Mike n Mike is creaming over Kaepernutz all morning long, and Herm Edwards is letting it happen. I may barf.

I ask myself --- "Why would a Niner fan want to come here and talk football with us?"

Oh yeah, cause they are in the Super Bowl. And then I say words that need to be shacked.

I'm no diplomat...just get out! Our differences are too great.

Was thinking the same thing. Wonder if they're rubbing it in on the Rams and Cards boards? Doubt it cus they fear us more than the others.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 am
  • hawker84 wrote:screw all that, i'd rather see them loose, and then Knock them on their a** next season... kap's good, darn good, but i'll take wilson every day over kap, just for the leadership and preperational skills alone, not to mention he's a winner plain and simple.. but skill wise, i give Kap all the props in the world, needs to be a little smarter with on field stuff though.

He definitely has room for improvement, but he has only started 9 games. I remember watching a few Seahawks games and seeing "rookie" mistakes made by Wilson as well. Both our QB's I believe will be quite popular in the league for years to come. And if you watch Kaeps eyes during plays, he does go through his progressions quite well as been pointed out by analysts on replays. I think that what is being described above by him taking one look and then running are on option plays.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:31 am
  • ^ Here we go! "See, he does go through progressions..." We're starting a never-ending debate with no winners....
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:34 am
  • Hi Niners fan... I'd wish you good luck in the Super Bowl, but... I want us to win! Harbowl!
    Play like a Raven!
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:34 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:Hey guys! Let me start off by saying that I am fully aware of the issues that this board has with Niner fans coming on here and trolling. I want you all to know that I just want to talk about football with you guys, and not start any problems.

Welcome! I live in the bay area, and obviously the vast majority of my friends are Niner fans, and they're all good, knowledgeable football people. It's too bad more people like them (and you) don't make themselves known. Hope you'll find a home here!
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:40 am
  • KARAVARUS wrote:^ Here we go! "See, he does go through progressions..." We're starting a never-ending debate with no winners....

Agreed. So lets change the subject shall we? :)

What is your guy's opinion in regards to the Cards and Rams since it was brought up above? I do post on the Cards MB with the same respect I have been doing here so far, but have never really had an interest in posting on the Rams MB yet. Perhaps I just consider you guys and the cards more of our rivals than the Rams, despite how our 2 games against them turned out this year. Maybe my opinion of the rams will change next year.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:53 am
  • Not changing the subject (sorry) :)

I disagree that Kaepernick is one-dimensional. He is great in the pocket, goes through the reads etc. He is great on the run - faster than RW. He is NOT good at throwing the ball when scrambling / running around. Can't remember the QBR for inside / outside the pocket but there was a dramatic difference.

The most interesting thing will be how he goes through reading the defenses next year when they will have adjusted somewhat to the read option plays. But he may have a superbowl ring on his finger then and will get at least a 2 year grace period to figure it out.....

RW is not as fast but I think smarter at reading the defenses and puts in more time, he is better at throwing the ball on the run and at least as good when standing in the pocket. I think long-term RW's style of football will survive because the root of it is more like Big Ben where it is hard to get him down (not because four guys are hanging onto him but because four guys just missed him) and then suddenly he zips it for 50 yards down the field. This is different from any other current qb with this style as he is smart enough to properly read defenses. If Vick knew how to read defenses he would have a few MVP's in the closet.....

Either way agree that it will be fun to watch for the next few years. I said it before the second game and I say it now. I do think Kaepernick's style is better for the Seahawks than AS.....but we shall see over the next few years

Rams -- I think they are definately getting better and adding Ryan to the defensive side and having Fisher there will make them brutal to deal with

Cards - I will let you know once we see who their qb is. I think they are at least 2 years away from being truly competitive as the offense needs more than just a qb and I am not sure that Arians is the right coach for this division
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:18 am
  • Well fans and a whole lot of bandwagoneers will be jumping on Seahawks, Rams, 49ers teams this year, Rams are resurgeing under Fisher and will not be going away anytime soon. He will keep them competitive and physical. The Cards are unless I'm off my rocker doomed for a while, nobody here can tell for sure how Arians is going to work out, but losing Horton hurts.

I think the fire is basically back in the west as I stated and our records won't be without blemish only due to us beating each other up, nobody is gonna wanna fly over the Rockies to see any teams here for a while. I am waiting for the unfair advantage statements from rivals to pop up with every loss here soon.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:25 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Well fans and a whole lot of bandwagoneers will be jumping on Seahawks, Rams, 49ers teams this year, Rams are resurgeing under Fisher and will not be going away anytime soon. He will keep them competitive and physical. The Cards are unless I'm off my rocker doomed for a while, nobody here can tell for sure how Arians is going to work out, but losing Horton hurts.

I think the fire is basically back in the west as I stated and our records won't be without blemish only due to us beating each other up, nobody is gonna wanna fly over the Rockies to see any teams here for a while. I am waiting for the unfair advantage statements from rivals to pop up with every loss here soon.

Well said!
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:03 am
  • Greenhell wrote:Was thinking the same thing. Wonder if they're rubbing it in on the Rams and Cards boards? Doubt it cus they fear us more than the others.

I joined the Cards boards awhile ago, but its a sad place. Not quite as sad as the Rams board. Maybe the Rams board will get better as they get better.

This board has always been fun for me to discuss football and get into fun little arguments. But message boards do not reflect the fanbase as most never go to them. All boards attract trolls, its the nature of things.

Plus the Niners and Seahawks are the two best teams in the division and have a nice rivalry going. And of course we would "fear" the seahawks more than the other two teams, the Seahawks are better. ALthough next year should be interesting because the Rams "should" be better.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:09 pm
  • The 9er fans are making more and more appearances on the hawks forum because deep down they are scared of us...muahahahahah

If the 9ers weren't in the superbowl, this guy wouldn't of came to our forum. I guarantee you that...He wants to come here, and have all of us think he is classy...but really he is just gloating...even if its not verbally
    XLVIII - 2014 - Champions
    checkdanews
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:27 pm
  • This guy started a thread to rub in the fact the 9ers are going to the SB.

Can't wait until they lose next week so we can stop seeing them create nonsense threads.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:18 pm
  • 49ers fans. What do you think of Kaepernick's long throwing motion? Sure he seems to get it out quick enough by the long movements I think would telegraph where he's going with the ball. Do you beleive that is a major issue?

Here's the think with Kaepernick- Can't stand the guy because I was seeing him beat my beloved Idaho Vandals for 4 years. I think he's a good QB, but I also think he's getting a little too much love for the national media. He has a big game against GB (and Chicago- he's also had a number of stinker's like the Rams and Seahawks games.) and all the media are worshipping the guy. THe Kaepernicking thing is ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is him trying to "trademark" the pose, despite it being far from original.

I lived in Baltimore for a few years, so I'm abliged to root for them over the 49ers (who were my childhood team). I think it will be a close game, Baltimore has a playing big when it matters this year, If Flacco plays well like has in the playoffs I think they'll win.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:44 pm
  • Best rivalry in the league right now: Seahawks vs 49ers

Might also be the two best teams next season.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:54 pm
  • Realistically, how many more years can Justin Smith keep playing at his current level?
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:57 pm
  • baltimoreravens wrote:Hi Niners fan... I'd wish you good luck in the Super Bowl, but... I want us to win! Harbowl!

:13:
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:02 pm
  • checkdanews wrote:The 9er fans are making more and more appearances on the hawks forum because deep down they are scared of us...muahahahahah

If the 9ers weren't in the superbowl, this guy wouldn't of came to our forum. I guarantee you that...He wants to come here, and have all of us think he is classy...but really he is just gloating...even if its not verbally

Actually, I have been trying to register on this site for over a year and was finally able to get approved yesterday after multiple attempts.

Pretty sure we didn't make it to the SB last year. ;)
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:02 pm
  • Missing_Clink wrote:Realistically, how many more years can Justin Smith keep playing at his current level?

I'd like to see 0. He'll turn 34 early next season, so let's hope his decline starts...in the Super Bowl. 8)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:04 pm
  • jlwaters1 wrote:49ers fans. What do you think of Kaepernick's long throwing motion? Sure he seems to get it out quick enough by the long movements I think would telegraph where he's going with the ball. Do you beleive that is a major issue?

Here's the think with Kaepernick- Can't stand the guy because I was seeing him beat my beloved Idaho Vandals for 4 years. I think he's a good QB, but I also think he's getting a little too much love for the national media. He has a big game against GB (and Chicago- he's also had a number of stinker's like the Rams and Seahawks games.) and all the media are worshipping the guy. THe Kaepernicking thing is ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is him trying to "trademark" the pose, despite it being far from original.

I lived in Baltimore for a few years, so I'm abliged to root for them over the 49ers (who were my childhood team). I think it will be a close game, Baltimore has a playing big when it matters this year, If Flacco plays well like has in the playoffs I think they'll win.

Kaepernick's people are Trademarking the term "Kaepernicking" not the pose FYI. :)
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:08 pm
  • NorCal wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:Was thinking the same thing. Wonder if they're rubbing it in on the Rams and Cards boards? Doubt it cus they fear us more than the others.

I joined the Cards boards awhile ago, but its a sad place. Not quite as sad as the Rams board. Maybe the Rams board will get better as they get better.

This board has always been fun for me to discuss football and get into fun little arguments. But message boards do not reflect the fanbase as most never go to them. All boards attract trolls, its the nature of things.

Plus the Niners and Seahawks are the two best teams in the division and have a nice rivalry going. And of course we would "fear" the seahawks more than the other two teams, the Seahawks are better. ALthough next year should be interesting because the Rams "should" be better.

I honestly think Hawks and Niners are the two best teams in the NFL
    Treefiddy
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:16 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Hey guys! Let me start off by saying that I am fully aware of the issues that this board has with Niner fans coming on here and trolling. I want you all to know that I just want to talk about football with you guys, and not start any problems.

Welcome! I live in the bay area, and obviously the vast majority of my friends are Niner fans, and they're all good, knowledgeable football people. It's too bad more people like them (and you) don't make themselves known. Hope you'll find a home here!

Thanks man! It is unfortunate that fans of every team choose to troll opposing team's boards and try to represent the entire fan base. I wish that people on MB's realized that they shouldn't allow the small percentage of fans who come on here negatively decide their opinion of everyone. The Seahawks fans that I know in real life are all great people. Some are family members of mine.

My brother is a Seahawks fan and we have conversations all the time about our two teams. He makes valid points occasionally about the Hawks that I end up agreeing with, and vice versa. He is also a new member on here.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:42 pm
  • We have a few Niner fans that have been here a while and are welcome. I think the ones that get us the most are obviously ones that are living in the past and can't wait to remind us they have won 5 SBs (during the times when even I was a Niner fan. Being in the service in a town can do that to ya) But those were won before most of those posters were born, lol.

Anyway if you're one of the ones that wind up staying, great. At least I won't look like a complete fool for approving you. hahahahaha

And btw, welcome to Seahawks.net.

One more thing,,,,we have people here who will never allow themselves to see the difference between talking football and not talking to people of other faiths, in this case Seahawks versus hard rock miners. lol

But we ask you be patient with them as well. Perhaps someday someone will erase their fears of catching some disease from a fan of another team. :D
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:01 pm
  • The Radish wrote:One more thing,,,,we have people here who will never allow themselves to see the difference between talking football and not talking to people of other faiths, in this case Seahawks versus hard rock miners. lol

But we ask you be patient with them as well. Perhaps someday someone will erase their fears of catching some disease from a fan of another team. :D

He means me. When I see your red, I see red. Hate does not even begin to describe what I feel inside for the Ninners and James Harbaugh. I know you came here to troll, and since you're going out of your way not to now that we've called you on it, I accept you...because you're not able to do what you came here to do AND be honest both. Lol Cheers, mate. Hope you guys get your balls roasted.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:06 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    KARAVARUS wrote:Just wait til someone says we prefer Wilson over Kaepernutz, or why our player deserves this or that over a Ninner player. It all goes down hill from there. No good can come from this. Welcome anyhow.

You see that's where I'm different. I recognize that I am an intruder on enemy ground here, and know that there is no patience for that kind of behavior on this MB from the mods due to recent troll behavior. And as such, what I say and think in reply is edited before I type it on here LOL.

I respect you guys as passionate fans of your team, and appreciate the ability to talk with you guys in regards to our two teams.

Damn, we really must of got to the ninners this season. Theyre in the super bowl and where is this guy???

Answer: looking for approval and validation from the 12's

Or I could be COMPLETELY wrong and this guy just wants to talk with us.....In that case I'd feel like an ass but wouldn't admitt it.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:12 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:I know that most of you don't want the Niners to win the SB this year

You are wrong, I for one am rooting for you guys for two reasons. One so you represent the NFC West, and two so that most of your outrageous 13 picks in next years draft are one spot lower. It's not like you guys know how to draft anyway, but every little bit counts.
    seahawksTopGear
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:48 pm
  • KARAVARUS wrote:
    The Radish wrote:One more thing,,,,we have people here who will never allow themselves to see the difference between talking football and not talking to people of other faiths, in this case Seahawks versus hard rock miners. lol

He means me. When I see your red, I see red. Hate does not even begin to describe what I feel inside for the Ninners and James Harbaugh. I know you came here to troll, and since you're going out of your way not to now that we've called you on it, I accept you...because you're not able to do what you came here to do AND be honest both. Lol Cheers, mate. Hope you guys get your balls roasted.

LOL

I have a feeling that we will probably have a snickering but respectful relationship on here. And BTW...on NFLN "Playbook" is on and even the coach that won the last Ravens SB Brian Billick just got through explaining how great Kaepernick is at going through his progressions. ;)
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:52 pm
  • The Radish wrote:We have a few Niner fans that have been here a while and are welcome. I think the ones that get us the most are obviously ones that are living in the past and can't wait to remind us they have won 5 SBs (during the times when even I was a Niner fan. Being in the service in a town can do that to ya) But those were won before most of those posters were born, lol.

Anyway if you're one of the ones that wind up staying, great. At least I won't look like a complete fool for approving you. hahahahaha

And btw, welcome to Seahawks.net.

One more thing,,,,we have people here who will never allow themselves to see the difference between talking football and not talking to people of other faiths, in this case Seahawks versus hard rock miners. lol

LOL

Thanks for approving me man!
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:02 pm
  • Anyway if you're one of the ones that wind up staying, great. At least I won't look like a complete fool for approving you. hahahahaha

You have no worries Pithy, we knew you were one years ago for a variety of reasons :)

But then again anyone that stays here will eventually do that at some point as well ;)

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:03 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:I remember watching a few Seahawks games and seeing "rookie" mistakes made by Wilson as well.

Which rookie mistakes are you referring to?

I gotta say, for a Niner fan to actually succeed at NOT being the typical attention seeking troll, you have to establish yourself over time. That means proving you are different. As a Niner fan, you are guilty until you prove innocence. Few have actually succeeded.

:)
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:14 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    KARAVARUS wrote:Just wait til someone says we prefer Wilson over Kaepernutz, or why our player deserves this or that over a Ninner player. It all goes down hill from there. No good can come from this. Welcome anyhow.

I see no reason why we need to get all bent out of shape over a 9er fan. You guys won the NFCW and we didn't. You guys have a great QB in Smith so it's no surprise you got the jump on us in 2012. Nobody "knew" Wilson would progress so fast. I had very low expectations for the Seahawks this year. Our last QB, Jackson, and O-line pretty much sucked. Flynn looked like he had promise but there were so many components that had not been game proven. Somehow we(Carroll and Schneider) saw something in several players that completely eluded 31 teams. More than that several of these raw guesses that in any normal season would have all pretty much washed out turned into a bus load of Cinderella's.

Not only THAT but Carroll had the guts to take his fantasy premonitions out on the field. He not only had unjustified faith in his dream players but he made them prove his faith. They did not dissappoint. The wild speculation almost all paid off. The GM and Coach put a few nickles in a slot machine and won the jackpot. Each nickle paid off huge.

Now we are not just even with the Niners..we beat the crap out of your team.

NOBODY not living in a mental institution could have made that call in 2011.

BUT now it is reality. Somehow Pete and John made lemonade out of lemon peels and we will probably take the NFCW for several years to come even though the 9ers are playing deservedly in the Super Bowl.

If the Seahawks get home field advantage it may be a long time before we give up multiple shots at the championship of the NFL.

We were lucky. Now we are good..so good that it doesn't matter what you might care to say in the way of an insult. So as far as THIS fan is concerned...relax and be yourself.

And Welcome.
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:49 pm
  • I agree with a lot of that. Frankly, my expectations for this season were for the Niners to win the division and probably make the Super Bowl. My wildcard was the Giants.

I simply expected the Hawks to have a winning season, possibly make a wildcard spot and that was about it.

The Niners are right where I thought they would be, I even thought they would regress slightly in the W/L column and they did. I did not expect to see CK playing as the starter and I certainly didn't expect Harbaugh to get away from Run-run-pass/Akers/defense.

I think the Niners are basically as good as they were last year, but in a different way. I do think their defense is not what it was, but that the offense has made up for that.

The real surprise was the Hawks. Looking at the schedule, I had them at 9-7, especially after Carroll started Wilson. The record ended up being close, but HOW they did it was the real gift. I thought it would be like the Niners of 2011 and instead, it was just Seahawks of 2012. An offense that can figure out a way to score points in any situation against any defense. This wasn't supposed to be their year, but they made their stamp in a transition year. Finishing the season by going 7-1, with a 6 game winning streak including a road playoff win. They let their rookie QB put on a display that has not been seen in a long while. A rookie, that can do EVERYTHING well with an amazing work ethic and attitude. RW is not a Sophomore slump guy, he is only going to get better and anyone that has watched the kid knows it.

Niner fans are coming here because they know the Hawks are a big-time threat. They have to win it now, because they know there isn't going to be another road like 2012 again for a good while. I promise you that a large portion of Niner fans wanted no part of the Seahawks coming into SF following a 28 point comeback on the road on Atlanta. I could only imagine the relief they felt when Bryant hit that unlikely opportunity at a FG.

The Niners could very well win the Super Bowl. That would be no surprise to me, but their fans know damn well that backing it up is going to be tougher than ever. So bring it on Niner fans, bask in your glory, but we know that in the back of your minds there is a blue and green nightmare pending... Just like a Windows system update, you are going to have to reboot that computer sometime, if you don't, the system will automatically do it in Sept. 2013.

Not that far away for some of us old guys. Russell Wilson 2.0 is coming soon.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:19 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:And BTW...on NFLN "Playbook" is on and even the coach that won the last Ravens SB Brian Billick just got through explaining how great Kaepernick is at going through his progressions. ;)

If you're relying on Brian "Trent Dilfer" Billick as your QB expert, you're in trouble.
    Danger Zone
    Archer
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:36 pm
  • Archer wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:And BTW...on NFLN "Playbook" is on and even the coach that won the last Ravens SB Brian Billick just got through explaining how great Kaepernick is at going through his progressions. ;)

If you're relying on Brian "Trent Dilfer" Billick as your QB expert, you're in trouble.

I think you missed the exchange in posts him and I had earlier. And it didn't matter who was reporting it as there was in game replay proving it as usual on Playbook. Me stating that wasn't important as I was just having an inside joke with KARAVARUS. But as a Niner fan that watches him play each game and reads and hears all the analysis of his playing ability, Kaepernick is well deserving of all the attention he is getting just as Wilson was well deserving of all the attention he was getting too.
    Last edited by NinerLifer on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:37 pm
  • Can't knock Billick to much on that, he won a Superbowl with him not losing games for him. Saying that playing QB for him had to be one humiliating expereince knowing he didn't trust you to do anything.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Next

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information