Harbaugh bowl

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Harbaugh bowl
Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:31 pm
  • As much as I dislike Jim harbaugh and want the Ravens to win the Superbowl, it is pretty neat that two brothers are the head coaches. For these two teams. When we were young playing one on one hoops or football in the empty lot, it was fun playing your brother for chores or a soda or something. Now these two brothers share the biggest stage. Good luck Ravens
    Aristotle22
    NET Starter

Re: Harbaugh bowl
Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:35 pm
  • This is going to be on Jeopardy one day.

What is Super Bowl 47!
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 pm
  • Aristotle22 wrote:As much as I dislike Jim harbaugh and want the Ravens to win the Superbowl, it is pretty neat that two brothers are the head coaches. For these two teams. When we were young playing one on one hoops or football in the empty lot, it was fun playing your brother for chores or a soda or something. Now these two brothers share the biggest stage. Good luck Ravens

True... to bad one of them is a total dickhead and the other one is John Harbaugh. :pukeface:
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:01 pm
  • i'd rather watch a jacksonville vs. cleveland browns pre season game myself.. because one team i dispise and the other i could care less about... but ya , it's a good story for the NFL and Harbaugh family...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 pm
  • good story, but i'm more interested in the ed reed, tsuggs or randy moss and justin smith getting a ring
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:06 pm
  • If only Ray Lewis would allow some attention to go to something other than him. Being quite selfish claiming that God wants him to win the SB.
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:07 pm
  • Ravens deserve this wayyyy more. How many playoff games ravens won over the last 10 years compared to 9ers? It's not even close. Flacco is super under rated, their defense is nasty, and their coach isn't named Jim Harbaugh.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:09 pm
  • This is going to be the most boring Super Bowl. Final score 6-3
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:15 pm
  • I think it is awful that its the Harbowl. Its awesome and show you a lot about how great both Jim and John are as coaches and its cool but at the end of the day there is going to be a looser and this is only going to magnify the looser. How would you like it if you lost to your brother on the biggest stage?

I am pretty sure both Jim & John are happy for each other, but definitely wish it didn't turn out this way. Part of the reason Harbaugh went to the NFC over the AFC was to not have to block his brother from a chance at the superbowl, same with Peyton/Eli.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:11 pm
  • i see this game in 25+ plus point game each, both defenses aren't the same defense they once were/
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:03 am
  • AF_BASS_MAN wrote:If only Ray Lewis would allow some attention to go to something other than him. Being quite selfish claiming that God wants him to win the SB.

God also wants him to tell the truth about what happened 17 yrs ago but that aint happening.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:40 pm
  • Go Ravens!
    Play like a Raven!
    baltimoreravens
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:42 pm
  • baltimoreravens wrote:Go Ravens!

Hi.

I'm shooting some ravens in real life with a shotgun if you guys let the 49ers win. :lol:
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 pm
  • mretrade wrote:I think it is awful that its the Harbowl. Its awesome and show you a lot about how great both Jim and John are as coaches and its cool but at the end of the day there is going to be a looser and this is only going to magnify the looser. How would you like it if you lost to your brother on the biggest stage?

I am pretty sure both Jim & John are happy for each other, but definitely wish it didn't turn out this way. Part of the reason Harbaugh went to the NFC over the AFC was to not have to block his brother from a chance at the superbowl, same with Peyton/Eli.

i don't have a problem with Jim losing to john and being made to look like an even bigger loser douche than he already does.. and hopefully god willing, he will throw in a few more temper tantrums for the archives along the way... not too many in here care for your doooooshy HC...
    Last edited by hawker84 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:48 pm
  • I hope the 49ers lose, and Jim pulls a "Harbaugh" and refuses to shake hands with his brother, and his brother gets a pissed look on his face. That'd be priceless.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:03 am
  • I am a little worried that the "Harbowl" might become too much of a distraction for Jim. Hopefully he proves me wrong!
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:43 pm
  • Aristotle22 wrote:As much as I dislike Jim harbaugh and want the Ravens to win the Superbowl, it is pretty neat that two brothers are the head coaches. For these two teams. When we were young playing one on one hoops or football in the empty lot, it was fun playing your brother for chores or a soda or something. Now these two brothers share the biggest stage. Good luck Ravens

Should call it the D-bag bowl!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:30 pm
  • CaptainSkybeard wrote:Ravens deserve this wayyyy more. How many playoff games ravens won over the last 10 years compared to 9ers? It's not even close. Flacco is super under rated, their defense is nasty, and their coach isn't named Jim Harbaugh.

Unfortunately, deserve has nothing to do with a 1 game winner takes all.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:19 pm
  • Between the Super Baugh and Ray Lewis, pretty entertaining storylines going into this SB.

I am rooting for the Ravens for three reasons...

1. Jim Harbaugh is a whiny douchebag. See temper tantrum vs. the Falcons.

2. Ray Lewis needs to win it all on his way out. I have always enjoyed watching the Ravens defense play over the years.

3. A friend of mine from high school is currently dating John Harbaugh's son, Jay Harbaugh.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:47 pm
  • How is it that these two guys seem so incredibly different? John actually kind of seems like nice, stable dude. Jim.... well, you know.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:18 pm
  • Good question, David. I have no clue. John Harbaugh is a coach I've liked for years. I'd like to see him get a ring just because he seems like a nice guy and he's obviously a skilled head coach.

Jim Harbaugh is a petulant child, on the other hand; though skilled as a head coach as well, obviously. Really, who wants to see the diva get the Lombardi?
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:32 am
  • Guessing it can't end in a tie ?

Ravens then.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]