Revis Available? Flynn bait?

chris98251

Reaction score
joeshaney":1rfsnctx said:
DavidSeven":1rfsnctx said:
Lol Sherm just tweeted a picture showing his stats against Revis's and wrote "Woman lie, men lie, numbers don't lie".

You can't put these guys in the same locker room and you can't sink a huge chunk of your cap on two outside corners. We got something better and younger than Revis already, and hopefully Sherm will be in Seattle for many years to come.

Less than $7 million for Sherman and Revis combined is not sinking a huge chunk of our cap......
after subtracting 5 million from trading away Matt Flynn we'd be adding less than $1 million to our cap number....
It's nothing like you describe. Not that this trade is even likely, just saying.

Your forgetting one small thing, who backs up Wilson? they don't play for free, who says Revis can even go at the start of the season, not unheard of for speed guys to need additional clean up, also with most ACL tears they are not back to form until the second year back from injury.

skater18000

Reaction score
chris98251":3r8ks3nv said:
Why? you don't pay a CB 6 million to play nickel, and all you were complaining about wasting money on a Back up QB. That would actually save your season possibly.

Do you know how much pass rush we can address this offseason if we don't need to draft a CB at all and maybe not a WLB!!!

if we get Revis...

1. DE

2. TE

3. DT

4. WR

5. WLB

chris98251

Reaction score
A rookie CB even in the first round would not cost us even 10 percent of his salary, and who's saying we need to draft one at all with Thurmond, Lane and Maxwell already on the roster? I'll say it now we have what 10 picks I thought I read, 5 don't make this roster.

Also nobody is taking into consideration that a Vet back up for Wilson is going to be in the 1.2 to 2 million dollar range if he's worth a damn.

skater18000

Reaction score
Bobblehead":25vd8hin said:
for that reason.. I would put Revis on the outside with Sherman..
Switch Browner to SS Bench Kam(who I love dearly, but his coverage is suspect I think)

for nickle.. Revis to slot, Browner to outside, Kam to Weakside LB, Guy to SS

Thank you!!!

How bout Te'o as the WLB on regular downs for a value pick

DavidSeven

Reaction score
joeshaney":p4x81mhl said:
DavidSeven":p4x81mhl said:
Lol Sherm just tweeted a picture showing his stats against Revis's and wrote "Woman lie, men lie, numbers don't lie".

You can't put these guys in the same locker room and you can't sink a huge chunk of your cap on two outside corners. We got something better and younger than Revis already, and hopefully Sherm will be in Seattle for many years to come.

Less than $7 million for Sherman and Revis combined is not sinking a huge chunk of our cap......
after subtracting 5 million from trading away Matt Flynn we'd be adding less than $1 million to our cap number....
It's nothing like you describe. Not that this trade is even likely, just saying.

That's all well and good if you look at Revis as a one-year rental. Word is that Revis is seeking a top five salary after his deal is up. Sherman will get his payday a year after that. And you can bet he's not taking a discount if Revis scores a huge contract on the same team. Gotta look at this with an eye toward the future.

joeshaney

Reaction score
chris98251":w3v20k9z said:
joeshaney":w3v20k9z said:
DavidSeven":w3v20k9z said:

Your forgetting one small thing, who backs up Wilson? they don't play for free, who says Revis can even go at the start of the season, not unheard of for speed guys to need additional clean up, also with most ACL tears they are not back to form until the second year back from injury.

No...I'm not forgetting that. I just didn't mention it. Only intended to rebuttal the salary cap implications.
Certainly Seattle would need to use there abundance of salary cap space and/or 10 draft picks to aquire an adequate backup qb.

And I don't know if he is medically legit Ala APeterson. He'll have much more time to heal than AP did but AP is also a physical phenomenon.
Once again, I was simply addressing the salary cap.

joeshaney

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1j1gpnpr said:
joeshaney":1j1gpnpr said:
DavidSeven":1j1gpnpr said:

That's all well and good if you look at Revis as a one-year rental. Word is that Revis is seeking a top five salary after his deal is up. Sherman will get his payday a year after that. And you can bet he's not taking a discount if Revis scores a huge contract on the same team. Gotta look at this with an eye toward the future.

I absolutely would look at him as a 1 year rental as I've stated multiple times on this thread. If Revis wants to get a massive payday than I'd figure his performance will back that up in which case Seattle is adding an allpro quality player in exchange for a guy who did zero for us last year. Or If he doesn't perform that well than we aren't in such a dilemma next year anyways. Regardless I do prefer Sherman over revis and that is a decision that doesn't need to be made until that time. So whatevs.

PhillySeahawk

Reaction score
Apparently Seattle is "highly interested"

"Sources say one of the teams highly interested is the New England Patriots, but not even the Jets, who have made some screwy decisions over the years, would trade Revis to the division-rival Patriots and, in the process, hand them a Super Bowl.

Other teams highly interested, I'm told, are Denver, San Francisco, Buffalo (not happening -- division rival), and even Seattle, which already has some of the best defensive backs in the game. One team also constantly mentioned by league sources is Green Bay, though the Packers, possessors of one of the best front offices in all of sports, usually don't give up high-round picks."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike- ... evis-trade

DavidSeven

Reaction score
His availability became news a little over 24 hours ago, and they already have a list of five "highly interested" teams, one of which is preparing for a Super Bowl as we speak? Please.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Investing all your money at corner does not work.

See 2011 Eagles -- Nnamdi, Rodgers-Cromartie, A. Samuel
or 2011 Jets - Revis, Cromartie, Kyle Wilson