Revis Available? Flynn bait?

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Latest tweets from Revis:

Darrelle Revis ‏@Revis24
I'm speechless by far but more importantly I feel more upset for the jet nation for having to go through this!!!

Darrelle Revis ‏@Revis24
I guess we'll see how this plays out.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't really see the sense in giving up significant draft picks for Revis on a one-year rental coming off ACL surgery. In the event that he does play up to his reputation next season, he's going to demand a ridiculous contract that would compromise Seattle's young depth going forward. The edges are not where the Seahawks are weak. I don't see why you roll the dice on a potential upgrade. What happened to all those people who wanted to build for the future and not move all-in on one season?

Plus, this defense has built its identity around a big secondary. Yeah, Revis is an incredible individual talent, but there are psychological and on-field benefits of having size at DB that the Seahawks definitely capitalize on.

Edit: And you're nuts if you think the Jets would let go of Revis for Flynn straight up. Absolutely nuts. I don't care if you think they can rationalize it. They would be absolutely torched by their fanbase and the national media for making that deal.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
joeshaney":sspey9lp said:
Scottemojo":sspey9lp said:
I am talking about next year. Revis wants top 5 money. Not top 5 cornerback, top 5 in the league. Like Drew Brees money. He has a no holdout clause in his last deal, but there is also a no franchise player clause in that deal. Trade for him, you better have a long term deal worked out already, because if you don't, you just signed him for one year only.

I think there is zero chance these guys want to give Revis 15 mil or more per year to play cornerback. That is about what he is going to demand.

If his play warrants 15 million a year in free agency next year, what does that say about our Superbowl odds?
If he bolts on a 15 million dollar contract after next year, the compensatory pick we would get would likely justify the Flynn trade anyway.

I don't think you are getting it. No team is trading for Revis unless they work out a long term deal as part of the trade. Sure, you could trade for him just to have him for 2013 for 6 mil, and then just let him hit free agency, but that would be nuts. He will want 15 million plus for 2013, not 6 million. At least that much.

TJH

Reaction score
WmHBonney":4ts4qolg said:
Revis is the T.O./Chad Ochocinco of Dbacks. We don't need that kind of primadona on this team. Not worth the headaches.

Since when is Revis a primadonna? What are you basing this off of?

We may already have the biggest in the league in Sherman.

hawker84

Reaction score
Shermans a primadonna? he can act like a jackass at times.. but not a primadonna.. no way you can put sherman in the same catagory as TO or Ocho

TJH

Reaction score
hawker84":17xnfhvc said:
Shermans a primadonna? he can act like a jackass at times.. but not a primadonna.. no way you can put sherman in the same catagory as TO or Ocho

You can if you're putting Revis there.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
If you have Revis and SHerman back there..

Perhaps that alleviates some need for pass rush and we can instead find DL's that can really stop the run forcing them to pass.
Might be cheaper to find run stoppers at the DL level.

This will also help contain any mobile qb's, from scrambling.
just a thought.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1lhfhkz7 said:
joeshaney":1lhfhkz7 said:
Scottemojo":1lhfhkz7 said:
I am talking about next year. Revis wants top 5 money. Not top 5 cornerback, top 5 in the league. Like Drew Brees money. He has a no holdout clause in his last deal, but there is also a no franchise player clause in that deal. Trade for him, you better have a long term deal worked out already, because if you don't, you just signed him for one year only.

I think there is zero chance these guys want to give Revis 15 mil or more per year to play cornerback. That is about what he is going to demand.

If his play warrants 15 million a year in free agency next year, what does that say about our Superbowl odds?
If he bolts on a 15 million dollar contract after next year, the compensatory pick we would get would likely justify the Flynn trade anyway.

I don't think you are getting it. No team is trading for Revis unless they work out a long term deal as part of the trade. Sure, you could trade for him just to have him for 2013 for 6 mil, and then just let him hit free agency, but that would be nuts. He will want 15 million plus for 2013, not 6 million. At least that much.

I DO get it....just disagree.
I would have no problem with bringing him in and potentially losing him the following year. Not that I would want to lose him, but bringing him in for a superbowl run and risking losing him the following year doesn't bother me one bit.
A superbowl is the only thing that matters to me.
If that means that Revis only plays in Seattle one year and then we get a 3rd round compensatory pick I would be happy as a clown.
What MORE than that do you expect for Flynn???

That being said, I don't see the Jets doing this, but if they would it's without question that you pull the trigger.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1ggpemdu said:
If you have Revis and SHerman back there..

Perhaps that alleviates some need for pass rush and we can instead find DL's that can really stop the run forcing them to pass.
Might be cheaper to find run stoppers at the DL level.

This will also help contain any mobile qb's, from scrambling.
just a thought.

Or you could bring in revis and a bunch of pass rushers and laugh at opposing teams as our defense scores more points than their offense :lol:

joeshaney

Reaction score
Steve2222":2a6okn4f said:
I think Flynn, Browner, and a 2nd could land us Revis.

I wouldn't send them a stariting qb, probowl cornerback, and a second round pick for Revis.
Most I'd send them is Flynn and a 3rd.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
I was rethinking the whole trade possibility and even though I am not really sold on the idea. However I do think it would be interesting to see Sherm, Revis and Browner on the same field.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Jets won't get a lot for a lame(Final season) CB even if he is the best, He has some red flags associated with him and I doubt many teams are gong to want to resign him.
THey well get what they can simular to what the Hawks are in the Flynn Situation.

Jets have to much need and they need players..
Perhaps we can offer John Snieders talent observation in return for Revis, hell we will throw in Flynn.

I don't want to lose Browner, because I think Revis is just a 1 year man here at most.

chris98251

Reaction score
What I don't think many understand is a Super Bowl run is not one year, it's a window of years.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
A journey of a thousand miles always starts with the first step.

joeshaney

Reaction score
joeshaney":1fqs62q8 said:
I want to win 20 straight superbowls.

Well....Adding Revis certainly wouldn't decrease our chances. Next year or the following years.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Lol Sherm just tweeted a picture showing his stats against Revis's and wrote "Woman lie, men lie, numbers don't lie".

You can't put these guys in the same locker room and you can't sink a huge chunk of your cap on two outside corners. We got something better and younger than Revis already, and hopefully Sherm will be in Seattle for many years to come.

joeshaney

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2pmhxmw7 said:
Lol Sherm just tweeted a picture showing his stats against Revis's and wrote "Woman lie, men lie, numbers don't lie".

You can't put these guys in the same locker room and you can't sink a huge chunk of your cap on two outside corners. We got something better and younger than Revis already, and hopefully Sherm will be in Seattle for many years to come.

Less than $7 million for Sherman and Revis combined is not sinking a huge chunk of our cap......
after subtracting 5 million from trading away Matt Flynn we'd be adding less than $1 million to our cap number....
It's nothing like you describe. Not that this trade is even likely, just saying.