What is the main reason you come to .net?

Whats your favorite part of .net?

• The jokes, the laughs and the entertainment factor

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Its the easiest place to get Seahawks news

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • The serious (smart) breakdowns and discussion

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • JSeahawks

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • The family feel. .Net is my 2nd family

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Other. I'll explain below

Votes: 13 11.3%

• Total voters

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I started coming here because the seattle times forum i used to go to is full of idiots and trolls and nobody to manage the idiots and trolls.

i keep coming back because my job means im on the computer all day long.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I come here for the latest 'Hawks news. I used to come here for the 'second family' thing, but those days are kinda gone....unfortunately.

pehawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":tx4t95b3 said:
I come here for the latest 'Hawks news. I used to come here for the 'second family' thing, but those days are kinda gone....unfortunately.

Ahhh, someone needs a hug.

Largent80

Reaction score
Lymon, where in the hell have you been. It is hard to hold down the fogey fort without you.

Sac

Reaction score
I must now add - watching new posters say the wrong things to mods on the main board.

Hilarity.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":yq9mkwwr said:
Lymon, where in the hell have you been. It is hard to hold down the fogey fort without you.

Hey, Rob! Still hangin', just don't post much on this forum anymore.......too many 'experts' and guys pimpin' their blogs.

Tanzania12

Reaction score
Options 1-3! Especially 3. Though I'm always lurking here, I always take time to read fan analysis and breakdowns for the team you guys post.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm fairly new here, but it seems to have a lot of traffic, so it's a great place to get current updates, talk football etc. Of course, I've been told I "think I'm better than everyone" because I said I don't do Twitter. Not sure what that means, but oh well hahahahaha. Whatever social media people use, that's awesome. I'm on FB way too much too. I'm sure at some point I'll jump in on the Twitter thing, it's bound to happen eventually :mrgreen:
Anyone who truly knows me knows I don't think I'm better than other people, just a true Hawks fan who loves talking football. Oh well, won't be the last time someone assumes they know me, even if they don't. I still like coming here, people seem really passionate about the Hawks, that's what truly matters to me.

Riley12

Reaction score
pehawk":37aer3jd said:
Well, what is the issue causing thoughts of exodus?

I think it is more of a 'times they are a'changing' thing with some people, including me.

Similar to what Lymon said, what can be said about any and all topics is usually said in the first
two or three posts of the first relevant thread. The rest becomes "me too" or a shouting match.
I stay because it IS a great place to find info fast and [Wilson voice] like I always say [/Wilson voice]
I cherish the relationships that I have formed here, so I'll always stick around.

The board has outgrown it's "Todd's Living Room" vibe for better and worse, I suppose. People
are here in droves, but very few actually would know each other if they met up face-to-face.
I'm guilty of it to some extent, since I haven't taken, or don't want to bother with, a journey down
to Axis. Anything in our Puget Sound Region, I'm usually game for, though.

Kudos to some of the "newer" people, like Roland, who make an effort to get out from behind the keyboard
and keep the offline part of this community alive.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully the next time my one of my bands does another Seahawks party, I can get some ppl from .net out. It would be cool to match faces to some of the ppl on here. I already know Chuck (psychobabbler) and Skip (not sure what his screenname is).

pehawk

Reaction score
Riley12":1q5cnj9j said:
pehawk":1q5cnj9j said:
Well, what is the issue causing thoughts of exodus?

I think it is more of a 'times they are a'changing' thing with some people, including me.

Similar to what Lymon said, what can be said about any and all topics is usually said in the first
two or three posts of the first relevant thread. The rest becomes "me too" or a shouting match.
I stay because it IS a great place to find info fast and [Wilson voice] like I always say [/Wilson voice]
I cherish the relationships that I have formed here, so I'll always stick around.

The board has outgrown it's "Todd's Living Room" vibe for better and worse, I suppose. People
are here in droves, but very few actually would know each other if they met up face-to-face.
I'm guilty of it to some extent, since I haven't taken, or don't want to bother with, a journey down
to Axis. Anything in our Puget Sound Region, I'm usually game for, though.

Kudos to some of the "newer" people, like Roland, who make an effort to get out from behind the keyboard
and keep the offline part of this community alive.
Thanks, Riley.

That was a fair synopsis. Less finger-pointing and curmudgeonly…more of honest reflection of changing times. Change isn’t bad or good, it just is.

You and I will meet anyone, anytime, anywhere….but not Axis. Was far for me too.

Riley12

Reaction score
pehawk":1x8pzg5i said:
You and I will meet anyone, anytime, anywhere….but not Axis. Was far for me too.

True and true

Blu_Cypress

Reaction score
I found .Net while living in Illinois and starving for Seahawk news. When I moved back to Seattle, I continued to lurk because it was still the best place to find breaking news all in one place. Now that I'm living in (ick) Pittsburgh, I
appreciate it even more. This site has traveled across the country with me and, even though i don't post often, it feels like home. I love.Net for all the things listed and more. But number one has to be...The Starfish Thread.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Since there is such a huge rivalry developing between our teams, what better place than to get the insider perspective and reports than a Seahawks MB? ;)