Christ...Kaepernick trademarks "Kaepernicking"

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13

• It's okay, remember tebowing? Who does that anymore.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

• Do you know him personally? Or do you want him to be an egotistical sob?

Its a good idea. People are selling t-shirts etc. Why not make sure the proceeds of such sales go to the right place instead of another individual owning it who was just the first in line. It is pretty much his intellectual property, not someone elses since he created the image that led to the nickname (not sure how it came out). For all you know Nike or the NFL could of approached him to do so. One of his representatives obviously did.

Do you even know why he kisses his biceps in the first place? His tattoos are bible scriptures and its to honor the scriptures. I am not religious so don't know more details.

I don't think its fair to call him an egotistical SOB.

I am not trying to cause anything but if anything I think Kaepernick wants less attention on him, not more.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• I am a 49ers fan yes. But if you looked at it from a view of a fan not in the NFC West, your opinion would not be the same.

I think Russell Wilson is a great person. I don't think Lynch is an egotistical SOB just because he likes to attract attention and coin the #Beastmode phrase and has his Skittles relationship, because I know its all in good fun and he is a good player.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• mretrade wrote:Do you know him personally? Or do you want him to be an egotistical sob?

Its a good idea. People are selling t-shirts etc. Why not make sure the proceeds of such sales go to the right place instead of another individual owning it who was just the first in line. It is pretty much his intellectual property, not someone elses since he created the image that led to the nickname (not sure how it came out). For all you know Nike or the NFL could of approached him to do so. One of his representatives obviously did.

Do you even know why he kisses his biceps in the first place? His tattoos are bible scriptures and its to honor the scriptures. I am not religious so don't know more details.

I don't think its fair to call him an egotistical SOB.

I am not trying to cause anything but if anything I think Kaepernick wants less attention on him, not more.

Way to honor the scripture of the bible then- by trademarking the act, and getting paid money for it. The differences between Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick grow wider every day. Although, some proceeds are going to charity, so he deserves a pat on the back for that. But I bet it's a very small percentage.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• I really don't know if he is profiting from it, but I doubt it. People trademark intellectual property for protection as well, not just for financial gain. I saw that Nike was making a shirt. I am not familiar with the structures of merchandising sales but I do believe the revenue is shared amongst the players and does not go to a certain one.

He clearly did not start taking a knee and kissing his tattoo of bible scriptures for his own financial gain. The odds of Nike approaching him or one of his representatives approaching him to do so is really high.

If you listen to him speak or cast less judgement, I don't think you would find him an arrogant SOB. He seems like a class act from what I have seen.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• Isn't this similar to manziel trademarking "johnny football" and tebow's "tebowing"? I bet there are many more that have done this. Seems like only krapernik haters are making a big deal out of this.
    Last edited by GeorgeKush on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    GeorgeKush
    NET Rookie

• 49ers fans just keep reppin' their fan base well around here. Yeah, he claims it's a sign for the Lord. Problem is, kissing your bicep has had an entirely different meaning for a very long time before this, and it's rather opposite from what most people think the Bible teaches. What a joke. Talk about a ridiculous cop-out.

GeorgeKush wrote:Isn't this similar to manziel trademarking "johnny football" and tebow's "tebowing"?

Equally stupid, and I bashed him in a thread about it at the time.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• That is how he chooses to honor the scriptures on his arms. How does that make him an arrogant SOB?
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• mretrade wrote:That is how he chooses to honor the scriptures on his arms. How does that make him an arrogant SOB?

Would you believe me if I told you I honored God by using my bible as a fleshlight? I mean, really, dude. Come on.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Wilson should trademark winning football games.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Yah man, he's not just like a totally kick butt quarterback, he's also, like, totally smart about the businessical stuff, you know?

He's all into trademarks and like lawyer shit man. Dude is hella smart yo.

President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    mretrade wrote:That is how he chooses to honor the scriptures on his arms. How does that make him an arrogant SOB?

Would you believe me if I told you I honored God by using my bible as a fleshlight? I mean, really, dude. Come on.

what does this mean?

We all dont like the 49ers, but aside from kissing his bicep he seems like a nice guy in his interviews. I researched him before the draft and he no character concerns and supposedly a good leader at Nevada.

is kissing his bicep really worse than rodgers championship belt, tebowing, Newton superman?

:49ersmall:
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Rookie

• Kaepernicking:

JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:Kaepernicking:

For. The. Win.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• ^^^^ haha saw a stat that says that the whiners take the longest time to get a snap off and have to take so many timeouts to not get a delay of game penalty. what the hell makes them waste so much time?
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Rookie

• You guys laugh, but I have a dilemma.

I have had scripture on my arms that I too, kiss. People pay me money to watch me do this. How much you ask? Well let's just say I make a very comfortable living, going around kissing my biceps while throngs of men, women and children cheer, sometimes faint and throw money at me.

I owe Kaepernick loads of money. I am going to lose my house, my cars. My season tickets.

Oh haha. Kaepernicking is stupid. Haha. It is all some of us have.

Of course I could fall back on Roethlisbergering.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• The thing that bothers me is after a play justin smith trying to draw a flag by pushing other players and when he gets pushed back he looks around for the ref.
    Last edited by The Battle #83 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Rookie

• I don't understand why this is such a big issue?
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Classless.
    Tailspin Hawk Fan
    NET Rookie

• Hawk Strap wrote:
    Of course I could fall back on Roethlisbergering.

You'll have to move to a college town.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• RolandDeschain wrote:49ers fans just keep reppin' their fan base well around here. Yeah, he claims it's a sign for the Lord. Problem is, kissing your bicep has had an entirely different meaning for a very long time before this, and it's rather opposite from what most people think the Bible teaches. What a joke. Talk about a ridiculous cop-out.

GeorgeKush wrote:Isn't this similar to manziel trademarking "johnny football" and tebow's "tebowing"?

Equally stupid, and I bashed him in a thread about it at the time.

May be the wrong person, but haven't you mentioned how the meaning of words change over time??

Couldn't that apply to actions as well?
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

• mretrade wrote:That is how he chooses to honor the scriptures on his arms. How does that make him an arrogant SOB?

i don't know if you'd call it arrogant.. but supposedly the bible says you're not suppose to mark your body , meaning not suppose to get tattoos.. so to get a tattoo of bible scriptures then honor it during your td celebration, when it goes against the teachings of the bible.. may not be arrogant but i'm sure the bible has a word for it... my word would be ignorant if this is indeed true.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• He is just a douchebag in a bucket hat.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• DTexHawk wrote:May be the wrong person, but haven't you mentioned how the meaning of words change over time??

Sure it could, but give me any evidence whatsoever that kissing your bicep has changed its meaning.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    DTexHawk wrote:May be the wrong person, but haven't you mentioned how the meaning of words change over time??

Sure it could, but give me any evidence whatsoever that kissing your bicep has changed its meaning.

Well, his action which started this thread for one, change has to start somewhere. ;)
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

• Refer to your forum sig for my thoughts on your reply. :)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• hawker84 wrote:
    mretrade wrote:That is how he chooses to honor the scriptures on his arms. How does that make him an arrogant SOB?

i don't know if you'd call it arrogant.. but supposedly the bible says you're not suppose to mark your body , meaning not suppose to get tattoos.. so to get a tattoo of bible scriptures then honor it during your td celebration, when it goes against the teachings of the bible.. may not be arrogant but i'm sure the bible has a word for it... my word would be ignorant if this is indeed true.

I'm almost sure that is in the old testament. Do some churches only follow the old or new testament?
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Rookie

• http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Leviticus-19-28/

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."

Kaeperdouching is the real word he should be trademarking; or perhaps Kaeperhypocriting.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• mretrade wrote:I really don't know if he is profiting from it, but I doubt it. People trademark intellectual property for protection as well, not just for financial gain. I saw that Nike was making a shirt. I am not familiar with the structures of merchandising sales but I do believe the revenue is shared amongst the players and does not go to a certain one.

He clearly did not start taking a knee and kissing his tattoo of bible scriptures for his own financial gain. The odds of Nike approaching him or one of his representatives approaching him to do so is really high.

If you listen to him speak or cast less judgement, I don't think you would find him an arrogant SOB. He seems like a class act from what I have seen.
    yep spiking the ball at a defenders head and getting a 15 yrd unsportsmanlike penalty is the very definition of the phrase class act...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• We'll have to wait and see how much more douche stuff he does then. Kaep doesn't come off as a douche to me at all unlike other players like justin smith always wanting a flag after a play or goldson/whitner head hunting. That infuriates me waaaaay f---ing more.

Do you guys/gals who call Kaep douche/classless also call Sherman classless/douche?

:49ersmall:
    Last edited by The Battle #83 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Rookie

• The Battle #83 wrote:We'll have to wait and see how much more douche stuff he does then. Kaep doesn't come off as a douche to me at all unlike other players like culliver and goldson who always talk smack or justin smith always wanting a flag after a play

He's coming off as a douche more with his actions, rather than words. We all know which speaks louder. I'll be curious to see what the future holds.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    The Battle #83 wrote:We'll have to wait and see how much more douche stuff he does then. Kaep doesn't come off as a douche to me at all unlike other players like culliver and goldson who always talk smack or justin smith always wanting a flag after a play

He's coming off as a douche more with his actions, rather than words. We all know which speaks louder. I'll be curious to see what the future holds.

same here. at least with Wilson and kaeprenick we probably wont be the NFC Worst division again for a long time
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Rookie

• Lol so Kaep is a douche because he kisses his biceps? From all the interviews I've seen of him he's come off as very classy and a likable guy

Maybe some of you should stop being 14 years old and grow up
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Shaz wrote:Lol so Kaep is a douche because he kisses his biceps? From all the interviews I've seen of him he's come off as very classy and a likable guy

Anybody's a douche that kisses their bicep as a celebration for anything. It's not limited to just him.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Shaz wrote:Lol so Kaep is a douche because he kisses his biceps? From all the interviews I've seen of him he's come off as very classy and a likable guy

Anybody's a douche that kisses their bicep as a celebration for anything. It's not limited to just him.

Yeah I don't buy that one bit
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• i think you should have bicepts before you go kissing them and making it a td celebration, regardless whats tattooed on them.. and yes i think some of the stuff Sherman does lacks a little class.. but that's just me.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Shaz wrote:Yeah I don't buy that one bit

That's fine. I'm not trying to sell. Perhaps you're too desperate to buy.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• hawker84 wrote:i think you should have bicepts before you go kissing them and making it a td celebration, regardless whats tattooed on them.. and yes i think some of the stuff Sherman does lacks a little class.. but that's just me.

This is a good point. Kaepernick's got lumps on his arms. Shoulder strength is where tossing rockets comes from, unless you have a bad sidearm throwing motion. If he had Brady Quinn-esque biceps and backed his play on the field to that level like Sherman does, I'd probably not mind, one way or the other; but this kid has no biceps to speak of, and it took him a year-and-a-half and an INJURY to the middle-of-the-pack starting QB they had for him to get his chance? Give me a flippin' break. Yeah, studboy; get an all pro first, then kiss yourself.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Yeah Kaepernick is such an arrogant SOB. He only ordered 15 pizzas personally for the media today.

Look at what Sando had to say.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... rnicks-tms

"But if companies are going to aggressively protect such things, why shouldn't representatives for athletes do the same? I think it makes sense within reason, and that Kaepernick's moves fall into the "within reason" category -- particularly as he continues to play at a high level."

On the Justin Smith holding thing, if you aren't trying to gain every advantage against your opponent, then you are not trying.

Goldson is very arrogant and very over rated in my opinion.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Shaz wrote:Yeah I don't buy that one bit

That's fine. I'm not trying to sell. Perhaps you're too desperate to buy.

Perhaps your explanation lacks any merit but hey that's just my view on it
    Last edited by Shaz on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Kaepernick plans to use the image on t-shirts. As ESPN.com notes, t-shirts made by Sportiqe are already in circulation. Proceeds from those shirts go to Camp Taylor, a charitable organization to help kids with congential heart defects.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html
    RonnieLott42
    NET Bench Warmer

• No possible ulterior motive in bribing the fickle media, no doubt, Shaz. :roll:
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Trademarking something he stole from someone else huh? :49ersmall:
    Attachments
    Will Smith.jpg
    Will Smith.jpg (30.31 KiB) Viewed 987 times
    :les: Image :les:

pehawk wrote:I have a boner, right now, as I type this.
    IronSaint
    NET Starter

• -Q: Is that the tattoo you’re kissing–the one you’re talking about before?

-KAEPERNICK: I have “faith” down my right bicep and I have “to God the glory” on my right arm as well.

-Q: What does that mean to you?

-KAEPERNICK: No. 1 is kind of my way of saying I don’t really care what people think about my tattoos. I got them for me and to show people this is what I believe in. And God has brought me this far, He’s laid out a phenomenal path for me and I can do nothing but thank him.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2 ... a-bad-day/
    RonnieLott42
    NET Bench Warmer

• I think that he is young and is having fun. By "Kaepernicking" he isn't trying to show disrespect to any player on the field, just the reporter that wrote that dumb article a while back.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• Keapernick is fast approaching punchable douche level Cutler.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Scottemojo wrote:Keapernick is fast approaching punchable douche level Cutler.

Douche level over 9000?!?!?!?!?!?!
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• NinerLifer wrote:I think that he is young and is having fun. By "Kaepernicking" he isn't trying to show disrespect to any player on the field, just the reporter that wrote that dumb article a while back.

i'll agree with your niner, he's a young kid playing a game and having fun.. i would suspect he has some growing up to do, as do many in the league including my man Sherman...

however i do disagree with you about disrespecting other players.. on that scramble against GB , he slid down, and was hit, he got up and spiked the ball at the defenders head who was lying on the ground.. and subsequently recieved a 15 yrd unsportmanlike penalty.. the defender took emmediate acception to him doing that and got in his face.. he felt disrespected.. not to mention when he was pushed out of bounds on the packers side line, he then got into it with some of the players over there...

i don't mind the enthusiasm he shows, hell i really don't care about the bicept kiss, but he carries himself on the field in a less classy manner then say RW, or a Peyton Manning, and that's a fact...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information