Brandon Williams, Missouri Southern

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DT, 6'2", 341, and quick.
He has been tearing it up at the Senior Bowl.

Sac

Reaction score
I've been reading up on this kid and now I'm in full P&J mode for him to be a Seahawk.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
NFLDraftScout has him as a round 3-4 pick? Seems like great value there. Or, is it expected that he will be a fast riser after the senior bowl and combine?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Damn. Big boy. I wonder where he would fit in.

But can you imagine an even tougher goal line unit with someone his size? :D

Sac

Reaction score
Everything I've read so far says he could see his stock shoot way up like Poe did last year, only this kid can actually play football too.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I expect that after the Senior Bowl he will be pretty popular.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2rj3gsz7 said:
Scott, is he a 3-tech?

I will not claim to be a scout, but I just watched the senior bowl practice from today and the guy is very agile for the weight that he carries. He also was able to dip his shoulders without hesitating in another drill.

edit: Sorry, I was wathing Jenkins from Georgia.

kearly

Reaction score
Generally speaking, the senior bowl hasn't really had much impact on draft stock, but maybe Williams will benefit from eliminating the "level of competition" argument from his detractors with this week's performances.

GCrow

Reaction score
Literally every time i've read about this guy first thing people mention is how he has a relentless work ethic and is very humble about everything he has accomplished, Can't have to many of those guys right?

...oh also how he can be a demon rushing the passer :lol:

kearly

Reaction score
Here is what I'm wondering, can he play the 5? Finding a guy with Red Bryant size that can rush the QB is even rarer than finding a good 3-tech.

hai

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGSMeSZXQdM

When i saw this video, this guys just reads JS all over him, what people say about his work eithic, he's humble(does that remind you of anyone? :mrgreen: ) and he has some fast feet for his size.
And when i see read over 300 pounds, i would think big fat guy, but he looks like he is made muscle man, dude is ripped, i wouldn't doubt he goes no later then 2rd round, depending on his combine of course, but i think he's going to put up some good numbers though, and especially with a weak DT class and his versatility. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":2oygflny said:
Here is what I'm wondering, can he play the 5? Finding a guy with Red Bryant size that can rush the QB is even rarer than finding a good 3-tech.
That was my thought too. Having a guy who can play both Red and Branches spot.

NYCoug

Reaction score
This is my "Russell Wilson" for the 2013 draft. I don't care what it takes, but this is the guy I absolutely want the Seahawks to land, with DeAndre Hopkins a VERY close 2nd.

The possibilities would be limitless. 5 tech, 3 tech, just plug and play baby. What's great is that he's 6'2" which is better for him winning the leverage battle at the line and even though he's 341, he's absolutely jacked. That clip in the video above where he's hosing himself down, if he punched me in the face I'd immediately evaporate into a cloud of dust. I want to see that happening on a weekly basis to opposing OLinemen!

McGruff

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2rn89599 said:
kearly":2rn89599 said:
That was my thought too. Having a guy who can play both Red and Branches spot.

At the same time?

JMO, but Red and Brmach's spot are too very different roles by design. The 5 tech is Pete's scheme is more like nose tackle, and the 3 Tech is more like a traditional strong side end. They didn't just do that because of Red, they did it because Red fit what they wanted out there.

What they haven't found is a legit 3 tech. Finding that will free up Clem and Irvin even more.

I'm leaning toward Short or Jones in that role.