Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 am 
NET Veteran

So I just saw this morning that both of these guys are heading into free agency. Considering our needs on the DL, would either of these guys be worth a look?

I know Ellis has been massively disappointing, but assuming he's not getting any kind of real money anywhere, Seattle seems like a good spot for him to try to turn around his career on a dirt cheap deal.

And what about Dorsey? If I recall correctly they changed to a 3-4 after his rookie year so he's never really had a shot in the 4-3. Is he supposed to get any money in the market or is he going to be looking for a cheap deal as well to try to prove it was the scheme and not him who was disappointing?

I donno, both top 10 picks in the 08 draft. Both are largely irrelevant and obviously they wouldn't and shouldn't be counted on to solve the problems we have, but it might be interesting to pick one up and see if a change of scenery helps unearth of the massive potential they were believed to have had.

People who are smarter than me... what say you? Are either of these guys worth a shot? Are they both going to sign for dirt cheap somewhere? Preference on Ellis vs Dorsey? I was so incredibly jealous that KC got Dorsey in 08, then I pretty much forgot about him until this morning

Post subject: Re: Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:54 pm 
NET Veteran

A great question! I also read the Chiefs would probably let go of Brandon Albert. I remember he was a stud guard that was converted to tackle in the NFL. Maybe he would welcome a change back to guard?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:57 pm 
* Report Button *

I like Dorsey, I've had him on my radar for a few days.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:02 pm 
NET Veteran

cacksman wrote:
A great question! I also read the Chiefs would probably let go of Brandon Albert. I remember he was a stud guard that was converted to tackle in the NFL. Maybe he would welcome a change back to guard?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/54235/branden-albert-is-and-will-be-a-lt

He wants to be a tackle.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:28 pm 
NET Veteran

Could be a couple of good low cost FA pickups here, Dorsey isn't all bad, he was just disappointing for the pick and money but some of that is the Chiefs fault for playing a 4-3 DT in a 3-4 at the end. If he can get a trainer and get in shape I would like to bring him in for a look/prove it contract. Ellis I don't know too much what he adds but as depth it might not be too bad for a NT.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:30 pm 
NET Veteran

I would give Dorsey a chance.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:48 pm 
NET Rookie

I thought Ellis was good his rookie year, what happened?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:49 am 
NET Rookie

As for Ellis, I'd give him to you guys for a Klondike Bar. He was productive but he just hit a cliff, and then proceeded to fall off said cliff. He tends to get driven back straight off the line every snap. Most of his tackles come 5 or so yards down field. He also gets washed out on run plays in addition to getting driven backwards on passing plays.

pehawk wrote:
I have a boner, right now, as I type this.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]