Rebuilding the Kings/Sonics

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
We have a 1st round protected pick owed to the Cavs, we have to be bad for like 3 years for them to not get it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Who was the genius that orchestrated that?

All that for JJ Hickson? what in the hell?

Oh well, If Hansen and Co. want to rebuild, looks like either Evans or Cousins gotta go.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Throwdown":1cq5ktlg said:
Who was the genius that orchestrated that?

All that for JJ Hickson? what in the hell?

Oh well, If Hansen and Co. want to rebuild, looks like either Evans or Cousins gotta go.

And to just release him as well. Bad ownership makes for bad basketball operations.

GCrow

Reaction score
Pick is basically lottery protected, if they lose it...it's not that big a deal.

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
We won't lose it until we're good. I think it's okay. We could still build like when we got Durant and Westbrooke.

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Sounds good to me. We could use him in a three guard rotation. He is too similar to Evans, though. I think the Kings are tanking nicely for us right now, so our position just keeps getting higher. We could end up getting one of the superstars - if there are any.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hmm an Oklahoma State prospect, irony at it's best...........................

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":efb2drgm said:
Sounds good to me. We could use him in a three guard rotation. He is too similar to Evans, though. I think the Kings are tanking nicely for us right now, so our position just keeps getting higher. We could end up getting one of the superstars - if there are any.

The common thought is that there isn't that prospect in this years potential crop. The more I think about it, the more I think Evans will be allowed to walk this offseason, there will be a lot going on with the team, like the relocation and total rebuild of the Front Office and the inevitable coaching changes that go along with a complete tear down. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Cousins involved in a draft day trade and a few moves after for expiring contracts.

I don't think Smart is a superstar, maybe a fringe all-star player kind of a career like Rashard Lewis (not comparing them as players), but a really good contributing player who can be special for whatever team he plays for.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sounds like a blood and guts guy, does the dirty work that greases the wheels for the highlight reel guys. very young also could deveop a lot more NBA skills that could set him apart. Sounds very John Stockton type, smart versus a pure athlete, dedicated and always looking to get better and not afraid of work.

Throwdown

Reaction score
chris98251":2b5bocio said:
Sounds like a blood and guts guy, does the dirty work that greases the wheels for the highlight reel guys. very young also could deveop a lot more NBA skills that could set him apart. Sounds very John Stockton type, smart versus a pure athlete, dedicated and always looking to get better and not afraid of work.

Exactly what I was trying to get across!

I see him as more Ron Artest (defensively) Meets a poor mans James Harden (offensively)

salamander

Reaction score
As a Kings and Seahawks fan I'd recommend getting rid of both Evans and Cousins if you get the team. Evans is a ball hog who kills ball movement. Cousins is a distraction who will only ever come around if he's on a winning vet-laden team. His bad attitude is not conducive to rebuilding. I hope the Kings stay in Sacramento and get rid of these guys.

Throwdown

Reaction score
after watching another player to check out, Nerlens Noel. Lorddddddddddddddddddddddddd he's good!

GCrow

Reaction score
Some interesting nuggets from Stein's Weekend Dime this morning.
6. The truth about the Sacramento (for now) Kings

More clarity on where they'll actually be playing next season is expected two weekends from now when the league's power brokers all migrate to Houston for the All-Star Game and the meetings and madness that surround it. But this isn't the place for Seattle-or-Sacramento stuff anyway.

This is the place to talk about Tyreke Evans, since DeMarcus Cousins remains firmly off-limits while the Kings are in sale limbo, according to NBA front-office sources.

As for Evans? Word is the Grizzlies would have loved to acquire him as part of the big trade that sent Gay away, but the Kings really aren't in a position to take on salary as they await clarification on who'll be buying the team from the Maloof brothers.

A couple of teams consulted have volunteered the notion that Kings GM Geoff Petrie is ready to move Evans, but you have to wonder how much shot-calling Petrie can do at the minute. The greater likelihood is that the Kings don't do anything at this deadline unless it saves money or comes in cash neutral.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I know one player I'd love to see them try and get though, Eric Bledsoe, the back up PG for the Clippers. Dude is easily a starter in this league.

GCrow

Reaction score
Throwdown":2t34aqci said:
I know one player I'd love to see them try and get though, Eric Bledsoe, the back up PG for the Clippers. Dude is easily a starter in this league.

He's got skills, irionically Stein actually mentioned him in that article saying he's a possible big trade chip for Pierce. However Clippers won't move him until they know if Chris Paul is gonna resign or walk, which makes alot of sense.

mech.romance

Reaction score
Omar Smart or Nerlens Noel would be my pick in the draft if given the opportunity.

OP
OP
Lords of Scythia

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I think it's best if the current incompetant head office does nothing whatsoever and just passes on all the trade bait to the new regime Hanson will hire. He's buddies with Paul Allen. We could see a John Schnieder style rebuild.