Christ...Kaepernick trademarks "Kaepernicking"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ozt9ch9 said:
49ers fans just keep reppin' their fan base well around here. Yeah, he claims it's a sign for the Lord. Problem is, kissing your bicep has had an entirely different meaning for a very long time before this, and it's rather opposite from what most people think the Bible teaches. What a joke. Talk about a ridiculous cop-out.

GeorgeKush":3ozt9ch9 said:
Isn't this similar to manziel trademarking "johnny football" and tebow's "tebowing"?
Equally stupid, and I bashed him in a thread about it at the time.

May be the wrong person, but haven't you mentioned how the meaning of words change over time??

Couldn't that apply to actions as well?

hawker84

Reaction score
mretrade":31fb66ie said:
That is how he chooses to honor the scriptures on his arms. How does that make him an arrogant SOB?

i don't know if you'd call it arrogant.. but supposedly the bible says you're not suppose to mark your body , meaning not suppose to get tattoos.. so to get a tattoo of bible scriptures then honor it during your td celebration, when it goes against the teachings of the bible.. may not be arrogant but i'm sure the bible has a word for it... my word would be ignorant if this is indeed true.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
DTexHawk":chvb0n90 said:
May be the wrong person, but haven't you mentioned how the meaning of words change over time??

Sure it could, but give me any evidence whatsoever that kissing your bicep has changed its meaning.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":b4v4rccm said:
DTexHawk":b4v4rccm said:

Sure it could, but give me any evidence whatsoever that kissing your bicep has changed its meaning.

Well, his action which started this thread for one, change has to start somewhere. ;)

The Battle #83

Reaction score
hawker84":2xbiigem said:
mretrade":2xbiigem said:
That is how he chooses to honor the scriptures on his arms. How does that make him an arrogant SOB?

i don't know if you'd call it arrogant.. but supposedly the bible says you're not suppose to mark your body , meaning not suppose to get tattoos.. so to get a tattoo of bible scriptures then honor it during your td celebration, when it goes against the teachings of the bible.. may not be arrogant but i'm sure the bible has a word for it... my word would be ignorant if this is indeed true.

I'm almost sure that is in the old testament. Do some churches only follow the old or new testament?

hawker84

Reaction score
mretrade":1tvz68b9 said:
I really don't know if he is profiting from it, but I doubt it. People trademark intellectual property for protection as well, not just for financial gain. I saw that Nike was making a shirt. I am not familiar with the structures of merchandising sales but I do believe the revenue is shared amongst the players and does not go to a certain one.

He clearly did not start taking a knee and kissing his tattoo of bible scriptures for his own financial gain. The odds of Nike approaching him or one of his representatives approaching him to do so is really high.

If you listen to him speak or cast less judgement, I don't think you would find him an arrogant SOB. He seems like a class act from what I have seen.
yep spiking the ball at a defenders head and getting a 15 yrd unsportsmanlike penalty is the very definition of the phrase class act...

The Battle #83

Reaction score
We'll have to wait and see how much more douche stuff he does then. Kaep doesn't come off as a douche to me at all unlike other players like justin smith always wanting a flag after a play or goldson/whitner head hunting. That infuriates me waaaaay f---ing more.

Do you guys/gals who call Kaep douche/classless also call Sherman classless/douche?

:49ersmall:

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The Battle #83":3igoskyw said:
We'll have to wait and see how much more douche stuff he does then. Kaep doesn't come off as a douche to me at all unlike other players like culliver and goldson who always talk smack or justin smith always wanting a flag after a play

He's coming off as a douche more with his actions, rather than words. We all know which speaks louder. I'll be curious to see what the future holds.

The Battle #83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1x164j86 said:
The Battle #83":1x164j86 said:
We'll have to wait and see how much more douche stuff he does then. Kaep doesn't come off as a douche to me at all unlike other players like culliver and goldson who always talk smack or justin smith always wanting a flag after a play

He's coming off as a douche more with his actions, rather than words. We all know which speaks louder. I'll be curious to see what the future holds.

same here. at least with Wilson and kaeprenick we probably wont be the NFC Worst division again for a long time

Shaz

Reaction score
Lol so Kaep is a douche because he kisses his biceps? From all the interviews I've seen of him he's come off as very classy and a likable guy

Maybe some of you should stop being 14 years old and grow up

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Shaz":1rlywxj8 said:
Lol so Kaep is a douche because he kisses his biceps? From all the interviews I've seen of him he's come off as very classy and a likable guy

Anybody's a douche that kisses their bicep as a celebration for anything. It's not limited to just him.

Shaz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2rgib49z said:
Shaz":2rgib49z said:

Anybody's a douche that kisses their bicep as a celebration for anything. It's not limited to just him.

Yeah I don't buy that one bit

hawker84

Reaction score
i think you should have bicepts before you go kissing them and making it a td celebration, regardless whats tattooed on them.. and yes i think some of the stuff Sherman does lacks a little class.. but that's just me.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawker84":1pjzw2ib said:
i think you should have bicepts before you go kissing them and making it a td celebration, regardless whats tattooed on them.. and yes i think some of the stuff Sherman does lacks a little class.. but that's just me.

This is a good point. Kaepernick's got lumps on his arms. Shoulder strength is where tossing rockets comes from, unless you have a bad sidearm throwing motion. If he had Brady Quinn-esque biceps and backed his play on the field to that level like Sherman does, I'd probably not mind, one way or the other; but this kid has no biceps to speak of, and it took him a year-and-a-half and an INJURY to the middle-of-the-pack starting QB they had for him to get his chance? Give me a flippin' break. Yeah, studboy; get an all pro first, then kiss yourself.

mretrade

Reaction score
Yeah Kaepernick is such an arrogant SOB. He only ordered 15 pizzas personally for the media today.

Look at what Sando had to say.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... rnicks-tms

"But if companies are going to aggressively protect such things, why shouldn't representatives for athletes do the same? I think it makes sense within reason, and that Kaepernick's moves fall into the "within reason" category -- particularly as he continues to play at a high level."

On the Justin Smith holding thing, if you aren't trying to gain every advantage against your opponent, then you are not trying.

Goldson is very arrogant and very over rated in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts