Favorite Twitter Page to follow?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Favorite Twitter Page to follow?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:50 am
  • Personally mines @Earth_Pics, so damn cool, but also makes me jealous that I gotta wake up everyday and see the same crap everyday.

https://twitter.com/Earth_Pics
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Re: Favorite Twitter Page to follow?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:36 am
  • Great topic. Always looking to see some other Twitter accounts of interest. Followed @Earth_Pics myself. Cool stuff.

My Twitter account is probably boring as whaleshit to 99% of the folks here, as it's predominantly agents/editors/other publishing types (mostly nerdy young women in NYC), but there are a few I really enjoy that folks here might like.

For sports, The Fake ESPN is a pretty great follow. Keeps you up with the sports news, with a heavy dose of humor and sarcasm.

https://twitter.com/TheFakeESPN

I also like seeing stuff from Honest Toddler. For humor, especially if you've had kids, it's spot on and really damn funny.

https://twitter.com/HonestToddler

Life in Publishing and Slushpile Hell are pretty funny accounts, with mostly links to Tumblr pages full of gifs describing the life of publishing, and short outrageous blurbs from queries. From what I know of the business, they're pretty damned accurate, too.

https://twitter.com/LifeNPublishing
    https://twitter.com/SlushPileHell

Self-Published Hulk is also a funny look at the publishing industry, from the viewpoint of the recent surge in self-publishing.

https://twitter.com/INDIEAUTHORHULK

And for interesting people, I suggest author Joe Hill, and actor Rainn Wilson.

https://twitter.com/joe_hill
    https://twitter.com/rainnwilson
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 pm
  • Aaron curry is really entertaining...he doesn't say anything funny or interesting though. He's really been on a long political, gun-policy rant lately and its hilarious to me. The guy has too much time on his hands.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:34 pm
  • Hunter Moore - 20yo girls nudes rewteeted all day n night.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:50 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Hunter Moore - 20yo girls nudes rewteeted all day n night.

Lawd Hammercy!

another person I really recommend, if you're into ignorantly funny stuff is @iDisrespectHoez, dude kills me.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:16 pm
  • Darnell Dockett's money too this was a few ago;

DARNELL DOCKETT ‏@ddockett
    Is it close to being a Chinese New Year? My neighbor is cooking some bullsh*t in the yard @ putting up Christmas lights! Where's my BB gun?
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:23 pm
  • lol Justin Durant from the Lions is a good NFL player to follow as well

@JDurant52
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 am
  • I think Doug Baldwin's favorite twitter is mine. You know, he favorites my tweets, replies to my tweets, etc. We're BFF's. You guys wouldn't understand, we talk about Stanford and being pro athletes, you have no context.
    Last edited by pehawk on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:54 am

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:37 am
  • never tweeted never will.. closest i'll get to it is looney tunes...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:41 am
  • hawker84 wrote:never tweeted never will.. closest i'll get to it is looney tunes...

Who you follow makes all the difference in determining whether your feed is Loony Tunes or a viable news feed.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 am
  • i like to consider myself more of a leader than a follower.. suppose that dooms me to the twitter idiology,,,
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:42 am
  • hawker84 wrote:i like to consider myself more of a leader than a follower.. suppose that dooms me to the twitter idiology,,,

They don't make a big enough one of these --> :roll: to adequately respond to that post
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:27 pm
  • If you're talking football besides Seahawks players, the punter for Indy is pretty good: @PatMcAfeeShow
    In general the obvious funny follows are Rob Delaney, but less popular and just as funny is Eddie Pepitone.
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:i like to consider myself more of a leader than a follower.. suppose that dooms me to the twitter idiology,,,

They don't make a big enough one of these --> :roll: to adequately respond to that post

And it's funny he says that because the real 12th Man Rising (the one he boosted that avatar from) is Twitter crazy.

Seriously though.... everyone that feels the need to pop in and say dumb shit like "I don't follow twitter because I don't want to hear about people's poops" need to just sit down and stay quiet because they clearly haven't the foggiest idea what they're talking about.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:14 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:They don't make a big enough one of these --> :roll: to adequately respond to that post

CANHawk wrote:Seriously though.... everyone that feels the need to pop in and say dumb shit like "I don't follow twitter because I don't want to hear about people's poops" need to just sit down and stay quiet because they clearly haven't the foggiest idea what they're talking about.

+1 to both of these. Non-Tweeters need to STFU and GTFO of related threads. You're like an old man saying he doesn't need any of that smartphone BS techno-crap and then ranting about how you had to walk uphill both ways to and from school 73 miles in 20 feet of snow. Shut it, nobody cares, go away.

:)
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:30 pm
  • touchy subject i guess.. i'll go away now limping :242735: ...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 pm
  • Why the old man hate Space Cowboy? Maybe you should have said L80 (though he changed his tune on Smartphones)? j/k Rob.

On-Topic. That Epic Earth tip was amazing Touchdown.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:52 pm
  • old man hate? first off i'm 46.. secondly i don't hate twitter any more than i hate car engines... i couldn't tell you the first thing about twitter, or the anatomy of a car engine.. nor do i care to learn about it..

i thought twitter was something you used to follow your favorite actor, athelete, performer, whatever.. according to Absolute that's not the case.. so rather than continue to show my ignorance , i'll leave this thread to the people who know what they're talking about...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:59 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:old man hate? first off i'm 46.

Wow! Good for you for using a computer! You're doing very good!

Twitter is basically a news feed. You can follow celebs and whatnot, and a lot are indeed stupid. But its a great method of real time news reporting and a way to keep up with different things you like. I have a few fun ones, but most of it is news or interest related.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:02 pm
  • thanks, is 46 old? man i just don't feel that old.. hmmmmm i have an I pad and everything....
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:44 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:thanks, is 46 old? man i just don't feel that old.. hmmmmm i have an I pad and everything....

But it probably only has 3 apps... most of them different ways to play solitare and one to tell you the weather (old dudes LOVE the weather).
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:51 pm
  • god i am old... gonna have to quit the rock band now, cuz lord know's there's nothing more embarrassing then and old dude on stage trying to get his rock on...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:58 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:i thought twitter was something you used to follow your favorite actor, athelete, performer, whatever.. according to Absolute that's not the case..

My feed is literary agents, authors, scientists, tech gurus, local and national news stations and personalities, a few Seahawks players, news sources, and fans, and a couple of comedy accounts for the occasional break in monotony. This means most of it is filled with the latest about books, the publishing industry, advice from industry experts, opinions on such, authors, sci-fi/fantasy/horror, science and technology, with a spattering of breaking current events, local news/traffic/weather, Seahawks/sports info, and a few friends. That's my tailored feed, because that's my biz. That's also what I tweet about, which means that's what the folks who follow me are looking for, 'cause that's why they follow, I'd assume.

Twitter is essentially a customized version of the bottom line on news/sports/whatever channels, except you can tailor your feed to exactly and only what you want to see. If you want nothing but tweets from actors, athletes, and performers, you can follow only those type of accounts. If you want straight news, sports, politics, technology, gossip, fashion, promos, general asshattery, whatever, you can do that too. The nice thing about it is that it allows a far wider and more varied array of information than any news channel or other Internet source.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:26 pm
  • Well said Sailor,

Speaking of that Hunter Moore page, one of my favorites @suicidegirls :D

But I follow Seahawks, local news, national NFL media types, some celebrities, some music and bands, paleo cooking stuff, some favorite tattoo artist, tv shows, comedians etc.. Following about 328 right now.

Always a good way to kill some time.

PS I always amaze my co-workers with up to the second news on the Seahawks, they always respond with, "how do you know that, its not on ESPN!!"

Twitter! 8)
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:29 pm
  • My feed is only 60 Seahawks-related people. I find that between them all, they retweet enough info from other sources to keep me in the loop.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:44 pm
  • Another thing to consider is that Twitter allows for interactive exchanges, not just one-way news feeds. Sure, you get a bunch of chuckleheads just calling for RT's from their favorite celebrity, but the format is set up well to allow clarifications, questions and answers, and the such. I've expressed opinions back and forth between a lot of Twitter folks, from Seahawks gurus to folks in the publishing biz, I've gotten clarification on news or advice, and there's the occasional tidbit that takes it a step further and does something really cool. I think the two coolest things I've done via Twitter is A) winning Seahawks tickets from Pete Carroll, and B) helping Joe Hill out with a small translation for his upcoming book. (Dude is a BAWS - sent me an autographed copy of HORNS for the small amount of "work" I did for him.)

Yea, it's far more than following your favorite celebrities.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:48 pm
  • If only you could get Joe to get his dad to get on Twitter, Sailor. 8)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:51 pm
  • Walter Jones answered a question from me once!

Walter Jones, the greatest left tackle to ever play the game and Seahawk legend talked to me.... it was an epic day. :D

How can you not love twitter??
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:56 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:If only you could get Joe to get his dad to get on Twitter, Sailor. 8)

I know! Joe's a Twitter-a-holic. Has some great stuff he shares, opines about, links to, etc. Converses/replies a lot too. Wish his dad was on Twitter, if nothing more than for the occasional bit of writing advice. His brother and sister are. I follow his brother (also a writer), but not his sister (minister).

And have you seen his friggin' office door? It's a Tardis! He tweeted a bunch of pics when he had it installed. Envy ensued shortly.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:56 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:If only you could get Joe to get his dad to get on Twitter, Sailor. 8)

I know! Joe's a Twitter-a-holic. Has some great stuff he shares, opines about, links to, etc. Converses/replies a lot too. Wish his dad was on Twitter, if nothing more than for the occasional bit of writing advice. His brother and sister are. I follow his brother (also a writer), but not his sister (minister).

And have you seen his friggin' office door? It's a Tardis! He tweeted a bunch of pics when he had it installed. Envy ensued shortly.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:27 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:Another thing to consider is that Twitter allows for interactive exchanges, not just one-way news feeds. Sure, you get a bunch of chuckleheads just calling for RT's from their favorite celebrity, but the format is set up well to allow clarifications, questions and answers, and the such. I've expressed opinions back and forth between a lot of Twitter folks, from Seahawks gurus to folks in the publishing biz, I've gotten clarification on news or advice, and there's the occasional tidbit that takes it a step further and does something really cool. I think the two coolest things I've done via Twitter is A) winning Seahawks tickets from Pete Carroll, and B) helping Joe Hill out with a small translation for his upcoming book. (Dude is a BAWS - sent me an autographed copy of HORNS for the small amount of "work" I did for him.)

Yea, it's far more than following your favorite celebrities.

OMG, the clowns begging for RT's from celebs need to be pushed into a campfire.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:30 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:OMG, the clowns begging for RT's from celebs need to be pushed into a campfire.

RT
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:32 pm
  • Yeah, begging for retweets is lame. Baldwin just takes my tweets, posts them as favorites, and answers questions about Chip Kelley, Denard, Hawks rookies, etc. If anything, he'd beg me for a retweet. It's weird stuff...for us celebrity types.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:39 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:old man hate?

I am sorry, you weren't aware that I was giving RolandDeschain grief for his old man tirade. I wasn't talking to you.
    Last edited by drdiags on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:43 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    OMG, the clowns begging for RT's from celebs need to be pushed into a campfire.

I had to unfollow/block several of these folks. They are like stalkers. One guy kept going on and on asking why Kam Chancellor wouldn't retweet him and his woman's twitter accounts. Really desperate folks.

I like the move some of the Seattle bloggers do by telling some big name media type that they need to follow them so they could DM them. There seems to be an association of how many followers you have that can be associated to post count.
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:43 pm
  • Yea, that's an interesting aspect of Twitter. Love how you have to follow and be followed by someone to DM them, because it cuts down on that sort of nonsense. Tweet count/follows/followers is an interesting conundrum. Some folks flat out will not follow anyone with a following count higher than their followers count. Weird, that. I follow about 850-900 (varies with additions and subtractions) but honestly about 3/4ths of them are literary agents that I will probably hone back down sometime in the future, as I see fit. I try to keep my following number as low as possible, because at peak hours, too much stuff just flies by and you miss some of the voices you want to hear the most.

Some of the local/small time bloggers and sports guys are at least as interesting (if not more so) than the national guys. And they're usually better informed on the Seattle sports scene. @Softykjr, @brian_mcintyre, @Curtis_Crabtree, @IanKJR, @hawkblogger, @johnpboyle, and @Liz_Mathews are some of the ones I follow for Seahawks/Mariners/Sonics, etc., news.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:50 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:Some folks flat out will not follow anyone with a following count higher than their followers count. Weird, that.

Really? I find it predictable and typical of the human race. Wayyyyyy too many egos to be damaged out there. ;)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:23 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:Some folks flat out will not follow anyone with a following count higher than their followers count. Weird, that.

Really? I find it predictable and typical of the human race. Wayyyyyy too many egos to be damaged out there. ;)

The reason most given is that those who follow a bunch of folks and don't have any followers aren't anyone people want to listen to, and so they won't either. I don't think it's necessarily ego, but it is a healthy dose of assumption on their part.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:54 pm
  • Well, I'm sure that's true in a fair number of cases, but seriously how hard is it to follow, then un-follow a few days later if someone's just spewing BS? :229031_shrug:
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:55 am
  • love twitter! I follow a bunch of you guys on there! Pehawk is hilarious too! I cracked a Filipino joke at Doug Baldwin and he replied back! After that I was hooked!
    @TattooOr - Largenutz
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:08 am
  • Who the F is this Hunter Moore guy? He has breezies sending him pics all day. Thanks .net!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:19 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information