What is the main reason you come to .net?

Whats your favorite part of .net?

• The jokes, the laughs and the entertainment factor

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Its the easiest place to get Seahawks news

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • The serious (smart) breakdowns and discussion

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • JSeahawks

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • The family feel. .Net is my 2nd family

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Other. I'll explain below

Votes: 13 11.3%

• Total voters

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I am addicted to this shitbag franchise. I live for this team. I have other interests (stamp collecting, exposing myself to the blind, rubbing turtles over Velcro while yelling out brand names of mayonnaise) but nothing gets my devotion to the Seahawks.

Each week is a family get together with food and drink. I get to relax from all of real life and just enjoy for 3 hours.

I have followed this team since I was a kid going to Cheney, to taking my whole family to playoff games at the stadium in the south endzone. It is my "thing" and I am addicted and a fanatic.

The most expensive articles of clothing I own are Seahawks jerseys. I am easy to buy for because if it has to do with my team, I love it!

This place is a home for me to get together with a bunch of other crazy bastards with unhealthy love and devotion for my team.

I want to buy you all a schooner of delicious, dark beer, pour you a shot of Irish single malt and toast to "Go Hawks"

/what William Wallace would have typed if he were a Hawks fan

Heyseed

Reaction score
Aros' unreal design work and the passion (struggle) for a true Seahawks fan community

:thirishdrinkers:

kearly

Reaction score
I'll say the same thing I said when .net went through the divorce period back in 2007- I come here to learn things. And sometimes part of learning is teaching or hashing out thoughts. So I voted for #3. #2 was a close second, this place is the shit when Seahawks/NFL news is rolling in. When Pete/JS were hired it was flipping awesome to be here. I always look forward to March on these boards as well.

J, you rank #3 for me. But only because I am a loner with no sense of humor.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":z2jtaocl said:
I am addicted to this shitbag franchise. I live for this team. I have other interests (stamp collecting, exposing myself to the blind, rubbing turtles over Velcro while yelling out brand names of mayonnaise) but nothing gets my devotion to the Seahawks.

Each week is a family get together with food and drink. I get to relax from all of real life and just enjoy for 3 hours.

I have followed this team since I was a kid going to Cheney, to taking my whole family to playoff games at the stadium in the south endzone. It is my "thing" and I am addicted and a fanatic.

The most expensive articles of clothing I own are Seahawks jerseys. I am easy to buy for because if it has to do with my team, I love it!

This place is a home for me to get together with a bunch of other crazy bastards with unhealthy love and devotion for my team.

I want to buy you all a schooner of delicious, dark beer, pour you a shot of Irish single malt and toast to "Go Hawks"

~snif~ .....you had me at single malt....

Largent80

Reaction score
I originally came here to see if anyone had rainbow unicorn blood.

After actually obtaining it at Temple billiards I realized that all of you were my unicorns, and that this place was a tranquil valley of rolling hills and magnificent waterfalls.

Decimation

Reaction score
I come here because I enjoy listening to people discuss about the Hawks while discovering Seahawks news. We're that laid back fan base, dying for a superbowl and hate those 49ers with a passion.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Easiest way to get Seahawks news, and getting a pulse on what the fanbase is feeling/thinking

The Radish

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":2zupqpbq said:

But you digress,,,,enough about your shortcomings

hahahahaha

pehawk

Reaction score
My favorite thing on dotnet is Radish killng threads by randomly assigning them to different forums.

I kid...I kid...

Veilside

Reaction score
Easiest place for Seahawk news, and great for good discussion and analysis. I especially like reading Kearly's, English's and Sharkhawk's posts.

As far as the "2nd family" aspect, I delved into that back in 2000 on an "X-Men" movie forum because I was so excited about that finally coming out. I felt that went way too far and decided never to let that happen again. It was kinda nice, but I was way too addicted to that "community" we built.

I'm fine with just lurking here, with occasional posts. I'm already addicted to this site as it is and my girlfriend hates it. Ah well.

Blitzfan

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3hbtp3n7 said:
Another thread got me wondering about this. I'm sure that for most its a combination of all the options but which one is the most important reason that you keep coming to this amazing site?

For me its the laughs and the jokes. I always read the OP's, but after that I very rarely even read the deep, serious discussions.

I opted for "Other" simply because "All the above" was not an option. All the reasons you cited are the reasons this has been my home page for 15+ years.

cdallan

Reaction score
Dunno. Think I'm too much of a pussy to self harm properly.

Second would be the serious analysis stuff.

Third would be to get the mood of the fans - I have only met one other Seahawks fan in the flesh since a gathering in London in 1992, and I only got to shout out the Window of my car to him.

Fourth is so I get to find out what this 'petting zoo' is when it's busted by the FBI. My working theory is that it's an amateur attempt at a human centipede using a stapler.

Latest posts