Any chance jackson comes back as a backup

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
uMMMMMM Tarvaris Jackson is the best thing that ever happened to this ball club.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
He's probably the 40-50th best QB in the nfl, making him just fine as a backup.

Flynn is definitely better than #32 and deserves to go start somewhere. Call me an altruist, or maybe I'm a bigger player fan than team fan sometimes, but I want to see Flynn succeed.

Just not on the Cardinals. Yes, that can still happen...

olyfan63

Reaction score
Erebus":20rhsev1 said:
I'd rather have Tebow.

^^ This. Absolutely seriously. Skip TJack. I think Tebow would be a very good fit in Seattle as #2. He can do all the read option stuff that Russell can. We know that he can lead 4th-quarter drives to win games. Maybe he could learn to suck less the first 3 quarters. I think Bevell could find some good ways to use him.
I bet all Tebow would really need is to know he would be the #2 guy and play if #1 is unavailable. He got jobbed in NY over the Greg McElroy thing. Not to mention his contributions on special teams and possibly a few snaps a game at H-back, and one more player on the field who can throw the ball deep off a fake pass. (Rice, Tate, and I think Lynch had TD passes this year; did MRob, the college QB have any TD passes?) Anyway, we're a little weak on our deep passing threat from the TE position, and I can't wait to see a 4th and 1 with Tebow at TE and running the fake end-around with Tebow, only to have him pull up and throw 70 yards across field and 50 yards downfield to a streaking Russell Wilson for a TD. (There was a play like that for Wilson in college, check out his Wisconsin highlights)

CANHawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":18vgz1nx said:
Erebus":18vgz1nx said:
I'd rather have Tebow.

^^ This. Absolutely seriously. Skip TJack. I think Tebow would be a very good fit in Seattle as #2. He can do all the read option stuff that Russell can. We know that he can lead 4th-quarter drives to win games. Maybe he could learn to suck less the first 3 quarters. I think Bevell could find some good ways to use him.
I bet all Tebow would really need is to know he would be the #2 guy and play if #1 is unavailable. He got jobbed in NY over the Greg McElroy thing. Not to mention his contributions on special teams and possibly a few snaps a game at H-back, and one more player on the field who can throw the ball deep off a fake pass. (Rice, Tate, and I think Lynch had TD passes this year; did MRob, the college QB have any TD passes?) Anyway, we're a little weak on our deep passing threat from the TE position, and I can't wait to see a 4th and 1 with Tebow at TE and running the fake end-around with Tebow, only to have him pull up and throw 70 yards across field and 50 yards downfield to a streaking Russell Wilson for a TD. (There was a play like that for Wilson in college, check out his Wisconsin highlights)

Honestly, this really does make a lot of sense (except for the last line about the 80 yard TD pass to Wilson... c'mon mang...). Tebow is a great athleate, a good football player and a helluva competitor... but I reeeally can't get behind bringing the whole Tim Tebow circus to our town.

Yes I think we have a strong enough team to withstand a lot of the craziness and yes I think the roles on our team are defined clearly enough that the Tebow zelots wouldn't get their hopes up, but still... anything related to Tim Tebow just seems to turn into a gong show.

Pass.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":kxg1s816 said:
You know what's funny. I could see Jackson running the read option and being waaaaay more effective than he was last year. Way more effective.

In running the read option you have to take a snapshot of what the outside defender is doing and make a decision to keep the ball or give it to the running back. That process requires the ability to analyze the situation in an instant. That decision making process was Jackson's downfall here. He is very slow to read and understand to where the ball needs to go.

We need to be done with Jackson and move on. Hey I have an idea! Why don't we get a young prospect that shows talent and let them grow as our backup. A player that is from a not so favorite school, one that feels lucky to just be in the NFL. Bringing in a player like Jackson is just a band-aid for the guy that is next in line for the most important position on the team.

CANHawk

Reaction score
v1rotv2":3vgqgthj said:
SacHawk2.0":3vgqgthj said:
You know what's funny. I could see Jackson running the read option and being waaaaay more effective than he was last year. Way more effective.

In running the read option you have to take a snapshot of what the outside defender is doing and make a decision to keep the ball or give it to the running back. That process requires the ability to analyze the situation in an instant. That decision making process was Jackson's downfall here. He is very slow to read and understand to where the ball needs to go.

We need to be done with Jackson and move on. Hey I have an idea! Why don't we get a young prospect that shows talent and let them grow as our backup. A player that is from a not so favorite school, one that feels lucky to just be in the NFL. Bringing in a player like Jackson is just a band-aid for the guy that is next in line for the most important position on the team.

Not that I'm trying to suck up to Throwdown, but I think Josh Portis might actually have a really good skillset to be Russell's understudy. At this point in his career, he either "gets it" and sticks in the NFL as a 2nd stringer, or packs it up and heads for the CFL.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jacksonfan":3br8j7l2 said:
I think his bills contract is over

Tjack would be a good backup for seattle

Yes i watched wilson all year, and he is great player

I think flynn is done and is expensive will be cut by march
You mean that Flynn (who was paid way more money than Jackson) will be cut?, just like Jackson was? :roll:
Not going to happen.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":37m4shj4 said:
No way, shape, or form can Jackson operate in a mimic Russell Wilson fashon and run the read option, because his inability to READING Defensive sets at NFL speed was why he's no longer here.
Flynn can probably do a better job of reading D-sets, but doesn't have the mobility to get out of trouble, BUT I believe that he could probably throw a change-up at the Defenses they wouldn't be prepared for,,BECAUSE,, some of Y'all have already pointed out,,the Defenses wouldn't have a lot of game tape on him, and sometimes that can be an added advantage.
Flynn isn't as dynamic as Russell Wilson, but who the hell is, but he can be the change-up curve ball that gets thrown at the batter.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1uwdnubh said:
If we bring back TJ! we have to let him challenge PB3! for the starting job, no?
By Jove!, I think you're right when you said........NO :16:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3c7uz4bj said:
I would rather have Seneca Wallace though.
Why Seneca Wallace?,,,Beause you could count on him shaving about 4 to 6 seconds off the decission making while under pressure, and that is enough to cancel out the idea of bringing Jackson back.

the ditch

Reaction score
Jackson never complained, played through a torn pec, knows Bevell, could step in and play. I'd love to get something for Flynn (anything get the contract off the books) and pick up Jackson.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
the ditch":3py3gnkr said:
Jackson never complained, played through a torn pec, knows Bevell, could step in and play. I'd love to get something for Flynn (anything get the contract off the books) and pick up Jackson.

I'm with ya!

Jackson would be the perfect backup for this team. Cheap, his teammates love him here, and he can run our new style of offense.