Christ...Kaepernick trademarks "Kaepernicking"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mretrade

Reaction score
Do you know him personally? Or do you want him to be an egotistical sob?

Its a good idea. People are selling t-shirts etc. Why not make sure the proceeds of such sales go to the right place instead of another individual owning it who was just the first in line. It is pretty much his intellectual property, not someone elses since he created the image that led to the nickname (not sure how it came out). For all you know Nike or the NFL could of approached him to do so. One of his representatives obviously did.

Do you even know why he kisses his biceps in the first place? His tattoos are bible scriptures and its to honor the scriptures. I am not religious so don't know more details.

I don't think its fair to call him an egotistical SOB.

I am not trying to cause anything but if anything I think Kaepernick wants less attention on him, not more.

mretrade

Reaction score
I am a 49ers fan yes. But if you looked at it from a view of a fan not in the NFC West, your opinion would not be the same.

I think Russell Wilson is a great person. I don't think Lynch is an egotistical SOB just because he likes to attract attention and coin the #Beastmode phrase and has his Skittles relationship, because I know its all in good fun and he is a good player.

nategreat

Reaction score
mretrade":2m87w99m said:
Do you know him personally? Or do you want him to be an egotistical sob?

Its a good idea. People are selling t-shirts etc. Why not make sure the proceeds of such sales go to the right place instead of another individual owning it who was just the first in line. It is pretty much his intellectual property, not someone elses since he created the image that led to the nickname (not sure how it came out). For all you know Nike or the NFL could of approached him to do so. One of his representatives obviously did.

Do you even know why he kisses his biceps in the first place? His tattoos are bible scriptures and its to honor the scriptures. I am not religious so don't know more details.

I don't think its fair to call him an egotistical SOB.

I am not trying to cause anything but if anything I think Kaepernick wants less attention on him, not more.

Way to honor the scripture of the bible then- by trademarking the act, and getting paid money for it. The differences between Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick grow wider every day. Although, some proceeds are going to charity, so he deserves a pat on the back for that. But I bet it's a very small percentage.

mretrade

Reaction score
I really don't know if he is profiting from it, but I doubt it. People trademark intellectual property for protection as well, not just for financial gain. I saw that Nike was making a shirt. I am not familiar with the structures of merchandising sales but I do believe the revenue is shared amongst the players and does not go to a certain one.

He clearly did not start taking a knee and kissing his tattoo of bible scriptures for his own financial gain. The odds of Nike approaching him or one of his representatives approaching him to do so is really high.

If you listen to him speak or cast less judgement, I don't think you would find him an arrogant SOB. He seems like a class act from what I have seen.

GeorgeKush

Reaction score
Isn't this similar to manziel trademarking "johnny football" and tebow's "tebowing"? I bet there are many more that have done this. Seems like only krapernik haters are making a big deal out of this.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
49ers fans just keep reppin' their fan base well around here. Yeah, he claims it's a sign for the Lord. Problem is, kissing your bicep has had an entirely different meaning for a very long time before this, and it's rather opposite from what most people think the Bible teaches. What a joke. Talk about a ridiculous cop-out.

GeorgeKush":13bgs8ht said:
Isn't this similar to manziel trademarking "johnny football" and tebow's "tebowing"?
Equally stupid, and I bashed him in a thread about it at the time.

mretrade

Reaction score
That is how he chooses to honor the scriptures on his arms. How does that make him an arrogant SOB?

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
mretrade":yg98kk14 said:
That is how he chooses to honor the scriptures on his arms. How does that make him an arrogant SOB?

Would you believe me if I told you I honored God by using my bible as a fleshlight? I mean, really, dude. Come on.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Yah man, he's not just like a totally kick butt quarterback, he's also, like, totally smart about the businessical stuff, you know?

He's all into trademarks and like lawyer shit man. Dude is hella smart yo.

2c7397b002cde238590612b92334575a

The Battle #83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":d7fh57jt said:
mretrade":d7fh57jt said:

Would you believe me if I told you I honored God by using my bible as a fleshlight? I mean, really, dude. Come on.

what does this mean?

We all dont like the 49ers, but aside from kissing his bicep he seems like a nice guy in his interviews. I researched him before the draft and he no character concerns and supposedly a good leader at Nevada.

is kissing his bicep really worse than rodgers championship belt, tebowing, Newton superman?

:49ersmall:

The Battle #83

Reaction score
^^^^ haha saw a stat that says that the whiners take the longest time to get a snap off and have to take so many timeouts to not get a delay of game penalty. what the hell makes them waste so much time?

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
You guys laugh, but I have a dilemma.

I have had scripture on my arms that I too, kiss. People pay me money to watch me do this. How much you ask? Well let's just say I make a very comfortable living, going around kissing my biceps while throngs of men, women and children cheer, sometimes faint and throw money at me.

I owe Kaepernick loads of money. I am going to lose my house, my cars. My season tickets.

Oh haha. Kaepernicking is stupid. Haha. It is all some of us have.

Of course I could fall back on Roethlisbergering.

The Battle #83

Reaction score
The thing that bothers me is after a play justin smith trying to draw a flag by pushing other players and when he gets pushed back he looks around for the ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.