Let's be real

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Let's be real
Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:57 pm
  • Pete and John are going to pick some random player that nobody has ever heard of in the first round. We can play around with predictions all we want, but we'll be be rolling our eyes on draft day saying "who?" and rushing to the computer to watch highlights on Youtube.
    Superbowl.
    NJHawksFan
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Let's be real
Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:24 pm
  • - Signed, Russell Okung. Whom nobody had been able to AVOID hearing about.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm
  • Well, it might be someone very few have heard of, but I seriously doubt that it will be a "random" pick.

JS&PC don't just throw darts at a board when they do this, you know.

;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:37 pm
  • NJHawksFan wrote:Pete and John are going to pick some random player that nobody has ever heard of in the first round. We can play around with predictions all we want, but we'll be be rolling our eyes on draft day saying "who?" and rushing to the computer to watch highlights on Youtube.

Yep!!!!!! But this is still a fun time of year and this is what we do.........
    sliv
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:46 pm
  • I talked about Irvin quite a bit last year, and English talked about Carpenter a lot the year before that. I think if you anyone is truly paying attention, "who" picks don't happen in the first round. Though it's true Seattle might draft players that weren't expected to go that high.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:00 pm
  • kearly wrote:I talked about Irvin quite a bit last year, and English talked about Carpenter a lot the year before that. I think if you anyone is truly paying attention, "who" picks don't happen in the first round. Though it's true Seattle might draft players that weren't expected to go that high.

and I talked about Russell Wilson!!!
    sliv
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:33 pm
  • sliv wrote:
    kearly wrote:I talked about Irvin quite a bit last year, and English talked about Carpenter a lot the year before that. I think if you anyone is truly paying attention, "who" picks don't happen in the first round. Though it's true Seattle might draft players that weren't expected to go that high.

You weren't the only one (reaching around to pat myself on the back)....
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:55 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    sliv wrote:
    kearly wrote:I talked about Irvin quite a bit last year, and English talked about Carpenter a lot the year before that. I think if you anyone is truly paying attention, "who" picks don't happen in the first round. Though it's true Seattle might draft players that weren't expected to go that high.

You weren't the only one (reaching around to pat myself on the back)....

Were you that guy there were only a couple of us in the early going there??????? I have tried to google search sliv seahawks.net russell wilson to find some old posts back then so I could put people on blast that bad mouthed him and have forgotten but can't find them.

I'll have to let it go eventually but it still makes me mad when I come here to talk about the draft and people are still making definitive statements when you can do your best to just to guess about the future of these prospects, anyway whatever it's all good.
    sliv
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:18 pm
  • sliv wrote:

Yep, i definatly remember you Silv, being the first and most vocal about Wilson. Greg, Kearly, Myself were right there with ya.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:44 pm
  • kearly wrote:I talked about Irvin quite a bit last year, and English talked about Carpenter a lot the year before that. I think if you anyone is truly paying attention, "who" picks don't happen in the first round. Though it's true Seattle might draft players that weren't expected to go that high.

In the 1st? I talked about Irvin in the 2nd...didn't think he would go before 20!

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 pm
  • If we're being real, the likelihood of trading their 1st or 2nd Round pick is pretty high. With the parity in the early rounds I'd love to trade back in the 1st and gain another 2nd and later round pick. Go LB and WR in Round 2, DE in Free Agency, and be completely surprised by the later rounds. Easier said than done, though.
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:34 pm
  • :icon_new:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    sliv wrote:

Yep, i definatly remember you Silv, being the first and most vocal about Wilson. Greg, Kearly, Myself were right there with ya.

:lol: Rember the pic posted from before the rose bowl, when he was standing with his team .. this was before the 5' 10" 5/8 measurement came out. Trying to figure out how tall he was based on how tall his teamates were standing next to him in the photo. It's pretty funny when you think back about it but an unanswered prayer that he was 5'10" 5/8, if he is 6'0" maybe somebody else drafts him and no way we get him in the 3rd round!!!
    sliv
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:34 pm
  • I don't get it. Which of their first rounders has been someone that nobody has ever heard of ?

Anyone who pays even a slight bit of attention to college football would have heard of Okung,Thomas,Carpenter and Irvin.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:37 pm
  • kobebryant wrote:I don't get it. Which of their first rounders has been someone that nobody has ever heard of ?

Anyone who pays even a slight bit of attention to college football would have heard of Okung,Thomas,Carpenter and Irvin.

I did say "who" when we took Carpenter. But with Irvin I was just surprised where we took him. Wanted him rather badly in the 3rd round range which was clearly pretty unrealistic.

Mainly the less you look at mock drafts by major pundits the better probably. I used to be muh more guilty of it. I still glance at them but I don't put much stock in a random east coast pundit writing a half assed misinformed sentence about the hawks.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information