• Cam Newton

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Other.....

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hawker84

Reaction score
there's been several debates going on about this subject on other sites, obviously the home site chooses their guy... but with a non bias opinion who would you pick..

i'd say it's between Flacco and Cam Newton, stafford's in there too.. you?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I'm not going to wax his knob(Like ESPN does 24/7) but Aaron Rodgers has a pretty strong arm, during the Superbowl against the Steelers I remember him throwing some frozen ropes around the field. Part of the difficulty defending him is he can deliver that ball in space so quickly it is hard for a defender to break on it.

If we are talking strength without taking into account mechanics and throwing motion then you could maybe say Byron Leftwich or Jamarcus Russell types.

JKent82

Reaction score
I'd say Cam. However Kaepernick can sure rifle it too. Flacco would be right with Kaep I think. Stafford and puffy faced loser Cutler would be right after them.

On a sidenote has anyone noticed how Stafford has started throwing side arm/ 3 quarter a lot of the times. Looks disgusting.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
i guess you would have to determine what qualifies as strength? being able to throw a 90mph fastball into a small window on a frozen rope, or being able to chuck it 70 yrds in the air... or to top this list would it require both? and yes leftwich has definitely got a cannon.....

Subzero717

Reaction score
The word is Flaco. I will say that Tjack had one hell of an arm. No, I have intentions of debating his QBing. I just remember a bomb he threw last year in the Baltimore game.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
AF_BASS_MAN":3lquao9y said:
Without ignoring the obvious...Kaepernick.

kap has a very strong arm, but in no way is it obviously the strongest... for instance i'd take Ryans long ball over Kap's any day, and i didn't even add him to the poll... does that means Ryans arm is stronger, not necessarily, but he throws a better deep ball in my opinion....So does Flacco for that matter

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Can't believe no one mentioned Ryan Mallett! I was kinda wanting us to draft him just because I wanted someone with a cannon, and i dont think i have seen anyone throw it harder/ further than in his highlight reels

chris98251

Reaction score
Turbin, his guns would put just about anyone down, short and powerful over long and powerful tends to win since when on the table the long armed guy has to take a unnatural angle to put the short armed guy down.

kearly

Reaction score
Twenty yards away: Kaepernick.
Forty yards away: Luck.
Sixty yards away: Flacco.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
interesting, i would take :

20 yrds away - Rogers

40 yrds away - Cam

60 yrds away - Flacco or Ryan

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Who cares? It's barely on the top 5 characteristics a qb needs and it's light years behind "smarts".