What is the main reason you come to .net?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

Whats your favorite part of .net?

The jokes, the laughs and the entertainment factor
8%
Its the easiest place to get Seahawks news
50%
The serious (smart) breakdowns and discussion
23%
JSeahawks
2%
The family feel. .Net is my 2nd family
6%
Other. I'll explain below
11%

Total votes : 117

• Another thread got me wondering about this. I'm sure that for most its a combination of all the options but which one is the most important reason that you keep coming to this amazing site?

For me its the laughs and the jokes. I always read the OP's, but after that I very rarely even read the deep, serious discussions.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I'd say mostly for the serious breakdowns and discussion, but it's also a great place to get seahawks news, especially unofficial stuff.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• Well I hate everyone here, so it's definitely not family. (just kidding)
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• "other"

I've been a Seahawk fan since I was a child, but I've never really had any friends who are into football. Being part of the hard rock/heavy metal guitarist community I guess you'd say, there are just alot of people who don't understand, and/or absolutely despise sports. So I started coming here because I had no one to share my love of this awesome team with, really.

So really I could check every single option and it would be correct.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• Combination of the top 3. First thing I check out is the Shack and then posts from the 'think tank'.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• bellingerga wrote:"other"

I've been a Seahawk fan since I was a child, but I've never really had any friends who are into football. Being part of the hard rock/heavy metal guitarist community I guess you'd say, there are just alot of people who don't understand, and/or absolutely despise sports. So I started coming here because I had no one to share my love of this awesome team with, really.

So really I could check every single option and it would be correct.

That's cool man, glad you kept up with it!
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• So for me its the combination of the serious and the entertainment factor (jokes). I have found breaking hawk news here alot of times before I see it in the media, Hmmm
    Why go to the news or espn ect., when you guys seem to have it first, Hmmm
    Every week is a championship week, every day is a championship day.
    hawkpride
    NET Practice Squad

• All of the above :mrgreen: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers: :3: :49ersmall:.......... oh, and also the cool emoticons!!
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• I voted "other" because I come for 3 reasons. Number one, this is my main source of Seahawks' news. Number 2, I really enjoy reading other's opinions and breakdowns and write-ups and etc. And third, it's the best place I know of to express my own Seahawks related opinions.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• It has changed over the years.

Originally just to find a place to have serious discussions about the team. Spent a few months lurking the ESPN forum in '04 but the topics were baseless cheer leading and seemed juvenile. This place or the old Scout had good writers and discussions that fit my expectations.

Met several posters which seemed to bring a bond. People have moved on and new faces have taken their place.

Trying to wean off the site but it is a habit after 8 yrs of hanging around. Cannot relate to some outlandish claims due to being a fuddy duddy, so for the most part I try to keep my wet blanket shtick to myself. If I could find a mellower forum I probably would go hang out there but there will always be a Verndog or Prelag instigator and I trust this site to eventually ask the really obnoxious ones to move along.

So originally for the feel of the place, now the thrill is gone but I stay because of comfort/safety. Sort of like a marriage.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Wow, Doc wants to leave us! That makes me sad, for real.

All of the above.

Also, friend or foe online, I'd do anything for them offline.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• seahawk news and opinions.. extremely impressed with some of the Seahawk and Football knowledge in general of some of the members here... plus it's very cool to be a part of a community that is as dedicated to this team as i am..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• For thiry plus years, I was truly convinced that I was the biggest Seahawk fan alive, and no one could love a team more than I do.

This site showed me I was wrong.

And I love it.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• I come here for a few reasons:

-I love the Seahawks, I can't get enough of them.
    -Some of the posters on here are damn near [or better] professional sports writers. Amazing insight and complete understanding of football and our system of football.
    -The arguments with people over something we have no control over. It gets the blood pumping. At the end of the day we are both fans and just want our team to win.
    -A bunch of good people who want to talk.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• All of those things.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• pehawk wrote:Wow, Doc wants to leave us! That makes me sad, for real.

All of the above.

Just looking for the "Kenny G" forum for the old playas. But then I would have to hang with the likes of Lymon (I crack myself up).
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• This
    Attachments
    uploadfromtaptalk1358979694440.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358979694440.jpg (82.46 KiB) Viewed 1387 times
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Everything but the 4th option, really.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Well lets see. I live in SC and there's not a hawks fan to be found around here. Gotta replace the sense of community I miss by not being near any 12s.

We have guys with enough knowledge to run their own blogs, aka hawkblogger or field gulls, but they post here instead, and after every game.

A place to celebrate wins, sulk over losses, and occasionally do the drunk post thing.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• I come for news, stay for the other reasons, and leave because of the fourth.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• News and entertainment... definitely serves as a one stop clearing house of sorts for any breaking Hawks news (which saves me time and money and 9 out of 10 doctors agree)... seems to be a plethora of folks here who spend an incredible amount of time closely monitoring every football news or blogisphere website known to mankind for the smallest Seahawks tidbit and then all-out sprint to .Net to be the first to post it here... works out well for me :D

"Everyone hath a plan... until they get punthed in the fathe." -- Mike Tython on the 2014 Theattle Theahawkth.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

• I come for the seahawks news but I stay for the blowj.... wait what?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:I come for the seahawks news but I stay for the blowj.... wait what?

Has anyone ever taken you up on your offer? Seems like an odd place to advertise.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• voted for easiest seahawks info but i also like the great breakdowns. I don't need them as much anymore because I have learned to be a level headed diehard.

I was only pissed two times this year the loss at AZ and the loss at Miami.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• I often find myself laughing out loud at the hilarity that happens here. Both good and bad.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• Why search on the sports sites for SeaHawk news when someone else will do it and post it here? Plus the train wreck that is the PWR Forum.
    DonovanJM
    NET Rookie

• Jseahawks and Jseahawks second account have apparently voted.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• I just use it as a vehicle to make fun of people. Like this JSeahawks guy... LOL... He's only got 49 stars on his American Flag avatar! What's the deal with THAT!? Ignoring Texas won't make them go away...

But yeah, it's a combination of the top 3. It's like a virtual sports bar I can screw off to while I'm at work! ...but with more drinking.
    Last edited by CANHawk on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:I come for news, stay for the other reasons, and leave because of the fourth.

This validates my success as a .net poster in my mind. Thank you Montana!

Thanks to the two people who accidently clicked the wrong choice or sent me a pity vote!
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• SonicHawk wrote:Jseahawks and Jseahawks second account have apparently voted.

I voted for J
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• pehawk wrote:Wow, Doc wants to leave us! That makes me sad, for real.

All of the above.

Really scary part of this,,,,,,he means it.

And so do many others of us. (well except for that bald guy that wrecks airplanes) :sarcasm_off:
    So close to the real thing.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Well, what is the issue causing thoughts of exodus?
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• I like that there's a petting zoo...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:Jseahawks and Jseahawks second account have apparently voted.

I voted for J

You're a sweetheart.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• To masturbate, I mean, isn't that why everyone else comes here? :common069:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• I went with the second option. When i go online and my homepage comes up, if there is news on the Hawks i typically won't read it there but come here instead because i know someone has posted it already so i'll read it from the OP and then read the opinions.

The 1st option was a close second. That's what i do. Sure, most folks don't get it but thats what real world friends are for. It's easy for me to keep the internet and the real world seperate.

That being said though. There are several dudes from here i'd like to have a beer with. Off the top of my head they'd be...

Doc, Largent80, Aros, CanMan (CanHawk) Brian Wilson avatar dude, Kearly (if he can stay out long enough) Although i'm not sure if i'd get a word in edgewise there 8)
    And several more i'm sure.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• ivotuk wrote:To masturbate, I mean, isn't that why everyone else comes here? :common069:

Well it used to be till Boobies were removed and we went PC in the smack shack.

Or was that when Aros stopped posting picks of his Hair Band days??????

I chose all the other since it's all the above and then some. I find it funny that the more we have aged and changed the more we stay the same. The board these days where technically more advanced is trending back towards the type of postings of the Barbranne, Yourdaddy,Seahawk2k when he was a fiesty shit, Raiderjohn, Fudd and many others. It was a more volatile time and were seeing some of that again. We were on the.COM board and on Aros's location wherever it was.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I voted J as well. He makes me feel so fresh, like cotton.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

• I voted Other, cuz I can.
    If you want to make a world class stew, You gotta have more than one kick-ass ingredient.
    This is one of those cases where too many cooks in the kitchen doesn't spoil that stew. ;-)
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• The chicks.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

• I am addicted to this shitbag franchise. I live for this team. I have other interests (stamp collecting, exposing myself to the blind, rubbing turtles over Velcro while yelling out brand names of mayonnaise) but nothing gets my devotion to the Seahawks.

Each week is a family get together with food and drink. I get to relax from all of real life and just enjoy for 3 hours.

I have followed this team since I was a kid going to Cheney, to taking my whole family to playoff games at the stadium in the south endzone. It is my "thing" and I am addicted and a fanatic.

The most expensive articles of clothing I own are Seahawks jerseys. I am easy to buy for because if it has to do with my team, I love it!

This place is a home for me to get together with a bunch of other crazy bastards with unhealthy love and devotion for my team.

I want to buy you all a schooner of delicious, dark beer, pour you a shot of Irish single malt and toast to "Go Hawks"

/what William Wallace would have typed if he were a Hawks fan
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• Aros' unreal design work and the passion (struggle) for a true Seahawks fan community

:thirishdrinkers:
    Heyseed
    NET Starter

• I'll say the same thing I said when .net went through the divorce period back in 2007- I come here to learn things. And sometimes part of learning is teaching or hashing out thoughts. So I voted for #3. #2 was a close second, this place is the shit when Seahawks/NFL news is rolling in. When Pete/JS were hired it was flipping awesome to be here. I always look forward to March on these boards as well.

J, you rank #3 for me. But only because I am a loner with no sense of humor.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Hawk Strap wrote:I am addicted to this shitbag franchise. I live for this team. I have other interests (stamp collecting, exposing myself to the blind, rubbing turtles over Velcro while yelling out brand names of mayonnaise) but nothing gets my devotion to the Seahawks.

Each week is a family get together with food and drink. I get to relax from all of real life and just enjoy for 3 hours.

I have followed this team since I was a kid going to Cheney, to taking my whole family to playoff games at the stadium in the south endzone. It is my "thing" and I am addicted and a fanatic.

The most expensive articles of clothing I own are Seahawks jerseys. I am easy to buy for because if it has to do with my team, I love it!

This place is a home for me to get together with a bunch of other crazy bastards with unhealthy love and devotion for my team.

I want to buy you all a schooner of delicious, dark beer, pour you a shot of Irish single malt and toast to "Go Hawks"

/what William Wallace would have typed if he were a Hawks fan

~snif~ .....you had me at single malt....
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• kearly wrote:

J, you rank #3 for me. But only because I am a loner with no sense of humor.

Hey, at least I beat out "other"! I'll take it!
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• I originally came here to see if anyone had rainbow unicorn blood.

After actually obtaining it at Temple billiards I realized that all of you were my unicorns, and that this place was a tranquil valley of rolling hills and magnificent waterfalls.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Came here in 2000 for the Seahawks news, stayed for the narcissism since 2008.
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

• I come here for the 49ers "fans". :roll:
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• Moses Game time weekly prediction.
    Freddy P Soft
    NET Bench Warmer

• I come here because I enjoy listening to people discuss about the Hawks while discovering Seahawks news. We're that laid back fan base, dying for a superbowl and hate those 49ers with a passion.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information