The "what I expect to happen" mock draft v1.0

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
CPHawk":183gd8t0 said:
Clay will never be a safety

I think he'd make a very intriguing prospect as in the box safety. Teams will look at Clay and ask themselves how he can help their team. I think he has more value as a very good in the box safety than he would as a fringe OLB. The list of 220 pound LBs who become NFL starters, it's not a long list to say the least. I'm not doubting him, I just see him having a much easier path by taking the safety route.

theENGLISHseahawk":183gd8t0 said:
Arthur is much more rounded than Zach. I don't see a lot of missed tackles as Kip suggests, I see some sloppy technique at times (going for the hit, not wrapping up) but this isn't an issue I've seen enough to say I'd complain about it. Zach had higher upside as an athlete to cover and the Seahawks really want guys who can move around and make plays. They're not asking the LB's (even the SAM) to rush the passer much. Arthur fits the bill perfectly for me - controlled, consistent, athletic, heart and soul of the defense type. Tremendous prospect.

I think it was the Baylor game, he had a really rough start before settling down later on. In the first two minutes of that compilation he had more missed tackles than tackles. It was embarrassing. In fairness, this kind of flaw is 100% coachable, so I seriously doubt it will deter Carroll much.

As said before, when Arthur Brown is at his best, he looks like Lavonte David, and Lavonte David is/was a really flippin' good LB. I think Pete Carroll thinks he can make Brown play at his best on a more consistent basis, so I expect him to have a very high draft grade on him. I was about as scared of Zach Brown as I was of Aaron Curry, but if Seattle drafted Arthur Brown I'd be optimistic that Pete could make it work. I just wouldn't draft him as early as Pete probably will.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
Kearly, you've gotten my attention on Will Sutton. Please if you could drop some more knowledge on this beast. I've loved what I've seen on him on YouTube, but its YouTube, haven't seen him otherwise.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
After watching more of Arthur Brown I think I'm going to raise my appraisal on him. It appears his tackling in the Baylor game was a bit of an aberration (plus it was from last year), and his speed is the real thing. I know this is a bizarre comparison, but his field speed, body type, decisiveness and quickness remind me of Walter Thurmond of all people. And Thurmond is a really good defender, albeit at corner. Or to put it in a more intelligent sounding way, Brown isn't like your typical linebacker. Most linebackers are bruisers that can be exploited for their speed. Compared to a more typical linebacker like KJ Wright or Leroy Hill, Arthur Brown almost looks like a DB in comparison. He's faster, more fluid, and slighter of build.

He'd fit Carroll's role as a WLB very well. I think he'll probably get an early 2nd round grade from most teams. He's definitely a player to watch in round 1, possibly after a trade-down.

ivotuk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1kidczzj said:
I'm hoping to see Abbrederis in our late haul somewhere come April.

Me too! I love that guy! He's a tough go-getter, posession type receiver. I would be ecstatic if we got ths guy but I think it will take a 3rds round pick.