Any chance jackson comes back as a backup

CANHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3nxtm6ld said:
I just can't comprehend how one becomes a TJack fan? Must have to be a blood relation. I like him, he seems like a good guy, but as a football player, skill wise, I find nothing like able about the guy.

No doubt. who the F wakes up one morning and decides they're going to be a Tarvaris f'ing Jackson groupie!?

Must be Brad Childress's kids or something...

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I hope not! We can go in other directions at backup QB if we dump Flynn.

For all you Josh Portis lovers, maybe this is his chance!

mistaowen

Reaction score
Hahah, welcome back Jacksonfan! Where is Scion?

FargoHawk

Reaction score
As someone already stated, supposedly the Jets are interested in him as Idzik (former Hawks guy, new Jets GM) was a big supporter for him in Seattle.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If we bring back T-Jack, do you promise to never post again, jacksonfan?

No? No thanks, then.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Wait a minute
Now Jackson fan wants TJ to be a back up? Is this a ruse? Even if I thought he could read a defense enough to run the play option I would still vote no just to keep his fan club out. Jacksonfan see plinythecenter's avitar.

I'm on board with Seneca Wallace. Seems like a natural option and would be dirt cheap.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Most people have forgotten that T-Jack would be returning as a backup, not a starter. As a backup, I'd love to have him. Tough, hardworking, familiar with our system and personnel.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
In an interview he said that he felt that he didn't get a fair shot to win the starting job, as evidenced by him not playing in the preseason. I highly doubt he will choose to come to Seattle as a free agent.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I would want him back if no one else will take him, he is still a league average/game manager starting QB and is familiar with our staff and system. Not going to pay him 4 million a season as the backup though.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I would be ok with him as a backup. He probably fits the system better than most other options out there.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
TJack is a competent QB who could probably hold a lead for us if the unimaginable happened. If we're forced to move Flynn, I don't see this as a bad option. I think a veteren QB2 is better fit for us right now than a rookie. Seattle needs a guy who, if called upon, can step in right away with limited reps and not lose complete control of a game. We don't want a Joe Webb vs. Green Bay situation on our hands.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
All that say they would be okay with Jackson coming back should try to watch the season he started for the hawks, I have never been so happy for a season to end. He is not a 1st or 2nd string QB, maybe a CFL QB at best and that is pushing it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
He couldn't even crack the #2 spot in Buffalo against crap competition, why does anyone think he is a good option as our #2? Keep in mind Buffalo gave away a draft pick for him. They wanted him to succeed and I'm sure gave him every chance. Why would the Bills give up a pick only to let him walk now?

I'm sure he is a nice guy and with a dominant defense and top shelf running game while facing back up QB's he is adequate but odds are very slim we will face as many back up QB's as we did in the second half of his only year here.

If he is our best option then give Flynn a raise. Sorry but the only confidence I have in Jackson is that I confident signing him in the past or the future qualifies as a mistake. Just ask the Vikings or the Bills.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Paschtorian":2mdkmcz2 said:
NFW

I was an early supporter of TJ,..........

..........but the man is just NOT a finisher.

The Seahawks can do better.

I don't know what more you could ask for in a backup. He's durable, a great team leader, hard-working, mobile.

How many backup QB's are finishers?

I would rather have Seneca Wallace though.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
How can you day he is not a finisher? The Vikings, Bill's and Seahawks are all finished with him. He's batting 1000.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":zl6q2kgu said:
Most people have forgotten that T-Jack would be returning as a backup, not a starter. As a backup, I'd love to have him. Tough, hardworking, ZERO pocket presence, familiar with our system and personnel.

I didn't forget, and you forgot his main attribute while listing his skills. I've added it for you.