to trade up, or to not trade up?

ProckHawks

Reaction score
We HAS to trade up. No way in hell 10 rookies plus however many rookies we sign as FA's make the team. It'd be a waste of a pick IMO. Might as well trade up to get good value for the amont of picks we have. The Hawks gotta trade up to get some bigtime players on the DL and OL. Then draft a WR and a TE.

In case you ddn't read what I wrote. TRADE UP is a must!

Chawker

Reaction score
Trading up can be costly, especially if you try moving up into the top 10. It would mean putting future picks in play, but you first have to have "that guy" your willing to go after. JS will find good players without losing our future picks (at least not a 1st round pick).

HUGGY

Reaction score
Axx":apy7cxyq said:
jlwaters1":apy7cxyq said:
Who do you think is worthy of trading up for? It's silly to say "trade up" if there isn't a TOP END pass rusher. Remember Seattle in this last drafted traded down to 15 and then had the pick of the litter for pass rushers. There were only 2 DE's taken in the top 20 picks last year. It sounds like from JS's comments that this draft may have depth, but not a TOP END talent. If there is than I'd be open to moving so long as your not jeapordizing your 2nd/3rd round picks.

I think the much more plausible situation is that with those 10 picks we move up in the 2nd-4th rounds to get guys we really covet and utilyzing the abundance of late draft picks in that fashion. I would be kind of shocked if we used alot of draft capital to make an aggressive move up the board in the 1st round.

Margus Hunt, That is all.

he is most likely a top 20 draft pick.

I doubt (and hope ) Hunt goes higher than the second or third round. The bad teams have needs to fill that only a proven player can fill. Hunt isn't even the best available(Football) athlete. With the emergence of Wilson, Luck and Kaepernick I'm thinking Super fast DBs, DEs with good Pistol experience and LBs that are good run stuffers as that, the run, is what makes the read option work.

Only a team that has most of it's skill player needs met will take a chance on the Estonian.

I'm hoping it is the Seahawks in the second or third round. I've been having revampt flashbacks of the Atlanta kick in my mind with a saving hand reaching up like a monster soccor goalie batting the ball to Sherman

two dog

Reaction score
Damn right there's someone worth trading up for: Sheldon Richardson.
Will they? Almost certainly not.

Personally, I would like DeAndre Hopkins, then use 9 picks/free agency to
secure a 3 tech DT and a DE.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
two dog":zn0hdp7e said:
Damn right there's someone worth trading up for: Sheldon Richardson.
Will they? Almost certainly not.

Personally, I would like DeAndre Hopkins, then use 9 picks/free agency to
secure a 3 tech DT and a DE.

Agreed with this, would be awesome to have Richardson but ending up with a stud TE, WR, or LB could be just as good.