Kearly's offseason preview

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Kearly's offseason preview
Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:33 am
  • Thanks, great stuff as usual, but still unusual in it's perception. Great post.

I'm selling out for Starks or Melton, then Umenyiora followed by drafting DeAndre Hopkins.
    Then I spend the next four rounds getting, not necessarily in this order, a right tackle, fast
    linebacker, defensive end and a defensive tackle.
    Spend the last five picks to find cornerback depth and a tight end. Maybe even a Quarterback.

Next, I would book hotel space for the Super Bowl.
    This is a great time of year, we can let our "what ifs" run wild.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:47 am
  • I would not put it past the team to try and drop back in the draft. I agree it is so-so on DT , but with decent depth. The draft looks pretty good depth at receivers in rounds 1-4. The more I look at the draft and needs I see a weak LB , and DT or 2 for improved depth. I think the big signings will be at DT and maybe DE as free agents. I see Jones as another 1 year deal if they sign him. This is his 3rd year of missing significant playing time due to injury.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:07 pm
  • I want to believe, but I don't think Melton or Bryant makes it to free agency. I'll hold out hope, but I think both teams know how valuable those two are, especially Chicago with Melton. In Oakland's case, I see them letting Seymour go and keeping Bryant. Reggie McKenzie is a Green Bay guy and believes in rewarding your own. Bryant's gone from UDFA and backup to valuable contributor all along the defensive line. I just don't see it happening. Fingers crossed though.

I'm under the impression, and perfectly content with, Starks being the lone of the "Big 3" available and the Hawks getting him for a shorter, cheaper contract than Melton/Bryant, but not too cheap since he'll be the best DT on the market. 3 yrs/18 million? What I'm still not 100% certain with is if the Hawks get Starks, do I still want them to trade up to get Sheldon Richardson or if I'd rather they stay put and get DeAndre Hopkins. Not to mention what happens with Branch and Jones, but back to DeAndre, he strikes me as a special player and I wouldn't want the 49ers even getting a chance at taking him. I shudder to think... If you put a gun to my head right now... I'd sign the DT and then go WR in the draft. I'll probably be wrong though, knowing the way our guys operate, so we'll see how it turns out. I trust them regardless.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:10 am
  • kearly wrote:Dwayne Bowe:
    the Chiefs had serious issues at QB last season and Bowe still managed 801 yards in 13 games.

Saying the Chiefs had serious issues at QB last season is not saying enough for Bowe. He has had issues at QB since he came to the NFL and he has still been able to have pretty productive seasons. Here is the list of his starting QBs since he was drafted.
    Matt Cassel
    Brady Quinn
    Brodie Croyle
    Tyler Thigpen
    Tyler Palko
    Kyle Orton
    Damon Huard

I would also be extremely unhappy if I was a WR and those are the QBs that may organization decides to through out there on game day. Don't you think he would be salivating at playing for any other team in the league that has just an average QB/pass offense? It's hard to say how good Bowe could be due to the QBs and the type of offense he has played in, but with a good QB I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is one of the top WRs in the league.

I would LOVE to have him join the Seahawks, but I think there are going to be a lot of other teams wanting to sign him as well. I would be surprised if he lasts very long.
    chihawk
    NET Starter

Previous

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:01 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information