How much of our top ranked defense is....

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Steve2222":2x8mgflr said:
Better question is how much of our top ranked defense is a product of the 12th Man?

Not taking anything away from our defense, because it is great......but I see our offense being better than our defense next year.
The 12th man has defenently padded the stats IMHO too.

zayden185

Reaction score
I think he had a young-fresh outlook on a scheme similar to what Pete had

Younger guy to relate to younger team....

Had zero blitz and scheme innovation really in my opinion

But we aren't in the headset...but pretty sure he would call the blitz formation...Pete would juat say "send some pressure"

OP
OP
Axx

Axx

Reaction score
zayden185":jatwyxif said:
I think he had a young-fresh outlook on a scheme similar to what Pete had

Younger guy to relate to younger team....

Had zero blitz and scheme innovation really in my opinion

But we aren't in the headset...but pretty sure he would call the blitz formation...Pete would juat say "send some pressure"

Imagine if we had Washingtons D-Coordinator who ran cover 0 like 20 times through out the game, With our shutdown corners, every game would be like the Green Bay one.

checkdanews

Reaction score
I am happy Quinn is our DC now, for one he is a amazing d linemen coach, and there are no words to say how important that will be for Bruce, and the other young linemen we have like Scruggs. Specially since our D-line pretty much fell apart mid season, we weren't stopping the run like we used to, nor were we getting pressure.

Quinn is to the D-line, as Cable is to the O-line

To the people saying Quinn can't coach our players like Gus did. Then you don't know much about Quinn. He is another Pete kinda guy, Players love him, and just look what he has done in his past jobs like Florida. Florida's offense was so inconsistent, that team was held up by there defense. All the articles on Quinn I could find online have quotes from players saying how much they loved him as there coach. He has a nack of getting more out of players, and I am ecstatic that he is our DC now. I think our defense will be so much better next season, because Quinn is going to get that line in shape. I guarantee you that, mix that with us drafting a LB to replace Hill, a New nickle corner to replace Trufant, and maybe adding some more young talent to the D-line.

That gets me reeeaalll fired up *in a pete carrol voice* i expect our defense to be redic! :th2thumbs:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Oh, I'm very confident in Quinn's abilities. I still think we need to add some D line players to help him out cause coaching only goes so far. We didn't have a winning record and the D was ranked much lower while he was here, so he's not magic.

hawk45

Reaction score
MOCHawk":16mv8lrz said:
50% Personnel, 40% Pete, 10% Gus. Just my feeling or hopeful delusion, whichever you prefer.

This is about where I put the percentages also.

sutz

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":m8tyh6fp said:
Oh, I'm very confident in Quinn's abilities. I still think we need to add some D line players to help him out cause coaching only goes so far. We didn't have a winning record and the D was ranked much lower while he was here, so he's not magic.
...and all of the parts we have now were not here either. We've upgraded the talent on D quite a bit since he left.

It'll be interesting to see who we sign/draft to help him. Pete's declared he's on the hunt for pass rush. Quinn has to be down with that.

tek5

Reaction score
we should just hire nick holt he was AWESOME when he rode petes coattails