Desmond Trufant ?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":1nos42l7 said:
I'm a Husky, and I wouldn't take him even as a UDFA.
An absolutely ridiculous statement.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tru drafted as high as the second round. He'll be very good depth and will be a starting caliber CB in the NFL

Scottemojo

Reaction score
At the senior bowl he was doing quite well. Has press skill, then turns to get his eyes on the ball. Competitive guy.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yeah, kind of what I like about him. Seems scrappy, but doesn't lose any technique because of it.

hawker84

Reaction score
i see all the skills and physicality that you guys are talking about... but in the age of big tall wide recievers ,,do we really want to go back to the small CB.... ? that was one of our issues with Tru and Wilson , in position but to small to make the play.. look at wilson in our wildcard game... in position couldn't make the plays..JMO

CPHawk

Reaction score
Poyer has been the guy who has impressed all week in bama. If we draft a CB, he's the guy and at 6ft even and 200lbs he isn't a small CB.

McGruff

Reaction score
Marcus is not a small corner in the way Wilson/Jennings were small corners. He has always been physical and around the ball. Size is not his issue. His issue has always been ball skills.

pehawk

Reaction score
I dont see the Seahawks picking a DB in the first two rounds, where Tru will most likely be nabbed. But, if he falls to the 3rd, yeah, the Seahawks would take him. He'd be better than all but Browner and Sherman. And, what McGruff said about his size, he plays WAAY bigger. Kind of like Earl.

JKent82

Reaction score
I've never been a huge fan of him, always thought he lacked some awareness and tended to have lapses in concentration. However this is probably based on being irritated watching crappy defenses. I didn't watch near enough this year to formulate a half decent opinion. Mostly ignore what I think about him, he made plenty of bog plays for us over the years.

seahawks875

Reaction score
Tony Pauline of draftinsider.net is reporting that nfl scouts are saying that he is a lock first rounder after his senior bowl performance in practice.

Coxal

Reaction score
Yeah I read this on walterfootball.com (coverage live from Mobile):

"When it was time for the one-on-ones between the receivers and cornerbacks, a few players really did well. The most impressive among them was Trufant. He started out by slapping a pass away from Marshall receiver Aaron Dobson. Trufant then had tight coverage on Dobson on a quick slant with a near pass broken up.

Trufant continued his success by forcing incompletions on his last two reps. The first came with good coverage to push a throw out of bounds against Oregon State wideout Markus Wheaton, and the next was when Trufant batted away a ball intended for Syracuse receiver Alec Lemon. Trufant is a big trash-talker and plays with a cocky swagger. He's helped himself this week."
Sherm' stuff here? In the attitude ofc...!