Still hung-up on the 65-yard FG attempt...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • joeseahawks wrote:I hate to say this, but I think Longwell is actually the guy who cost us the game.

meh, smite the Gods they will smite you back 10 fold

NOT having longwell kick the 2 3s in the first half were the real mistakes, payback, karma whatever, it was a poor decision to not kick the 3 and maybe one that will haunt PC the rest of his life, especially if he never gets to the bowl game...
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• Well, some kid at my old high school here in Spokane made a 67 yard field goal.

If some 17 year old kid can make a 67 yard field goal, why can't a 38 year old make a 65 yarder?

Well, it's all in the past now. We already had one hail mary this season, I suppose that was enough
    No autographs please
    Jerhawk
    NET Starter

• Jerhawk wrote:Well, some kid at my old high school here in Spokane made a 67 yard field goal.

If some 17 year old kid can make a 67 yard field goal, why can't a 38 year old make a 65 yarder?

Well, it's all in the past now. We already had one hail mary this season, I suppose that was enough

That 17 year old kid didn't have an entire line of 6' 4" 250 pound men who are some of the best athletes in the country jumping up to try and block the kick.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Zowert wrote:They attempted one pass play before the hail mary. They should have went for one large gain, called a timeout then kicked a field goal.

It took them 4 seconds to get what 5-8 yards on the first pass play. You think they had time for another 15 yards? NO WAY
    ceej22
    NET Rookie

• Holy shit man, why is this still being discussed.. Does the term move along mean anything?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Jerhawk wrote:Well, some kid at my old high school here in Spokane made a 67 yard field goal.

become his friend
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

The kid in your highschool used a tee. Not to mention the fact that he didn't have to kick over a NFL size defensive line.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

• olyfan63 wrote:Greg Zeurlein of the Rams I'd let try the 65-yarder, but nobody else in the league would even be close.
    It could have been interesting to line up like attempting a FG but then throw the Hail Mary. Except I think Jon Ryan is the holder. So there's the case for signing Tebow, right there. Line up for the FG, Tebow as the holder, either throw the Hail Mary to Tate/Rice for the win, or run it in himself, or maybe a throw to Tate on the left, then a 31-home-run-throwback to Tebow on the right. Actually make that first throw to Rice. And there's always the hook and ladder play back to the QB. (Remember the Dolphins hook-and-ladder that beat the Steelers?)

I'd let Janikowski try it, he might have the strongest leg in the league. The Raiders even tried a 76 yarder, into the wind, with him a few years ago. He only kicked it to the 1 or 2 yard line, but that's still pretty good. Other than that, yeah. 65 yard FGs are something you only try if the conditions are all in your favor, and even then, its iffy.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:Well, some kid at my old high school here in Spokane made a 67 yard field goal.

become his friend

Ok, i'll do that thanks for posting your expert opinion
    No autographs please
    Jerhawk
    NET Starter

• Someone mentioned being in a dome would have extended his range. Domes only help with directional kicks, not with the distance.

Longwell played in Minnesota several years, and his career long was still only 55.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information