Why did I just now realize this...?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
In the 2011 regular season, we lost to the Falcons 30-28.

In the 2012 post-season, we lost to the Falcons 30-28.

WTF is up with us losing to the Falcons 30-28???

Ok, that's all I got. We play them next season...it better not be a 30-28 loss.

Just doing some historical research on the team and it hit me.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that too. Very similar situations too, if I remember correctly. It's CRRRAP!!

kearly

Reaction score
If Pete had actually tried for the 68 yard field goal at the end, you probably would have realized it much sooner.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kearly":356e0saa said:
If Pete had actually tried for the 68 yard field goal at the end, you probably would have realized it much sooner.

Speaking of which....wasn't it against Atlanta in 2011 that Hauschka attempted the 61-yarder? I'm pretty sure it was.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
kearly":9vo4wf8v said:

Hauschka could have hit it.

hai

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1fy4ugzk said:
kearly":1fy4ugzk said:

Maybe, but Ryan Longwell is another story i think.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hai":1dj47o7y said:
Zebulon Dak":1dj47o7y said:
kearly":1dj47o7y said:

Maybe, but Ryan Longwell is another story i think.

Are you saying Longwell can't kick well from long?

hawker84

Reaction score
didn't Hauschka miss everything in the pre-season from 50 out... did he even attempt a 50+ fieldgoal in the regular season? can't remember , but it doesn't seem like it.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
During that 2011 loss... I remember Atlanta coach Mike Smith looking all smug throughout the game- as if it was in hand the entire way. He didn't seem that way in the playoff game- was more just cheering and excited, but I still loved seeing him sweating bullets after the Hawks took the late lead. No disrespect to him, the Falcons or the fans. I know they are not among our enemies.

Again, no disrespect to the Falcons... but, I still have a hard time coming to grips that we lost to the Falcons. I know that they are talented and it's not easy to get that #1 seed. Their receivers are top notch. But, head to head... the Hawks really should have taken that game. The Falcons had everything go right for them in that first half and the Hawks had way too many missed opportunities. The Falcons were part of that... but, still.

I think the game next season is in Atlanta. That will be a good test to see if the Hawks have done whatever they can to not be in a 10amPST funk. But, the Falcons may not have Tony Gonzalez either.

Latest posts