2013 Season Throwback Uniforms

Winterfell

Reaction score
So...any chance our team will be able to sport some throwback uniforms for a home game next season?

I'm still unsure why some teams (like the Chargers, Patriots, Steelers, Eagles) seem to have at least 1 game every season where they wear their throwbacks when we don't. Are there some set of NFL rules that provides an obstacle to a team getting the green light to do so?

While a lot of NFL teams' throwback uniforms tend to elicit ridicule, I think ours are among the sharpest unis in the league.

Easley2

CPHawk

Reaction score
I think Paul Allen said as long as he owns the team, we won't see those unis.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Throwback's fall under the Third Jersey Rule. Currently, our third jersey is the Wolf Grey tops.

Each team is allowed to wear their Third Jersey twice a year. Many teams (Chargers, Steelers) wear their third jersey against division rivals.

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
We will have Nike throwbacks. It was in an interview with John Schneider where he said he loved the throwback design but they wanted to get the wolf grey out to the public first. Now that its out we can expect the throwback any time (I hope) then Nike and the Seahawks have 4 new jerseys they can sell and we would just have to decide if we want the throwbacks or wolf grey each season.

I'm sure if you search long enough you can fon the video somewhere.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Winterfell":txr3llz8 said:
So...any chance our team will be able to sport some throwback uniforms for a home game next season?

I'm still unsure why some teams (like the Chargers, Patriots, Steelers, Eagles) seem to have at least 1 game every season where they wear their throwbacks when we don't. Are there some set of NFL rules that provides an obstacle to a team getting the green light to do so?

While a lot of NFL teams' throwback uniforms tend to elicit ridicule, I think ours are among the sharpest unis in the league.

Easley2

Man that's a sharp uniform - I miss it, even the retarded looking Seahawk! :mrgreen:

The rule is it has to be 10 years since a uniform change in order to wear a throwback. We switched from our original uniform to the blueberry look in 2002, so 2012 would have been 10 years - alas, we just so happened to go with a whole new uniform. The reason you see throwbacks from those teams is the uniforms they wear are from WAY back.

We are eligible to wear the throwbacks now, but as stated it falls under the same rule as an alternate. Also, the team must declare to the league it intends to wear the throwback well before the season starts - I think if they do that we will get the word leaked.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, 2013 seems to be the year we will see the retros. That will be sweet.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I hope so, but they may want to get more mileage out of the new look before doing anything different, even if it is for only one game

HawkFan72

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2283pf04 said:
Winterfell":2283pf04 said:

Easley2

Man that's a sharp uniform - I miss it, even the retarded looking Seahawk! :mrgreen:

The rule is it has to be 10 years since a uniform change in order to wear a throwback. We switched from our original uniform to the blueberry look in 2002, so 2012 would have been 10 years - alas, we just so happened to go with a whole new uniform. The reason you see throwbacks from those teams is the uniforms they wear are from WAY back.

We are eligible to wear the throwbacks now, but as stated it falls under the same rule as an alternate. Also, the team must declare to the league it intends to wear the throwback well before the season starts - I think if they do that we will get the word leaked.

I think it just has to be 10 years since the original uniforms were worn. The Chargers changed their uniforms only a couple years ago and yet they are allowed to wear their original uniform throwbacks. They didn't have to start their 10 years over. So I guess we could see it anytime, like you said.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Egads! Banish the uniform threads. :(

I'd be curious to see what Nike's version of throwbacks for us are, though...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
homer.png

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
With the current schedule rotation we play the AFC West once every four years. We should break out the throwbacks every time that year comes around and then wear them for our two home games against AFC West opponents. That way we're not just bringing back the old school unis, but we're wearing them against our old division rivals.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":ttox7062 said:
With the current schedule rotation we play the AFC West once every four years. We should break out the throwbacks every time that year comes around and then wear them for our two home games against AFC West opponents. That way we're not just bringing back the old school unis, but we're wearing them against our old division rivals.

Yep.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
They should remake the throwback logo to have the exact shape of the current hawk head with the throwback colors. Or has that already happened?

OP
OP
Winterfell

Winterfell

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":1vtfcqnj said:
They should remake the throwback logo to have the exact shape of the current hawk head with the throwback colors. Or has that already happened?

Something like this?

Nike-Seahawks-unis-630x390.jpg

652cHAWK

Reaction score
1976 throwback, gray facemasks, matte gray pants....black shoes.....badass!!!

7235786princip7182008123456PM.jpg.jpeg

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Man I would love 1 game a year in the throwbacks .

Osprey

Reaction score
652cHAWK":1ydspfx4 said:
1976 throwback, gray facemasks, matte gray pants....black shoes.....badass!!!

7235786princip7182008123456PM.jpg.jpeg

I think you loose the SleeveHawk if you go that far back.