Desmond Trufant ?

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
I thought it might be cool to have another TRU, but after watching some YouTube highlights, he seemed to be in postion but was not to fond of tackling. I am not a UW follower. Is this just bad clips or what is the word on this guy?

pehawk

Reaction score
I like Tru, actually. I'd consider a late 3rd even. And, feel free to rip that, because I have NO idea where he's slotted to go, none. But, he feels like a late 3rd, but would be an upgade over his brother or Lane in the slot. IMO.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
Athletic and instinctive, Trufant has demonstrated legitimate NFL coverage ability and helped his cause by showing improved overall physicality. Though he's seen considerable time in both man and zone concepts, he has the fluidity and straight-line speed to handle coverage duties and has proven ball skills. While flashing physicality, Trufant really improved his tackling skills and form as an open field tackler. 2nd Rnd grade.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... nd-trufant

Him or Jordan poyer would be a great slot guy IMO. I want Tru, he maybe end up better than his brother

Erebus

Reaction score
SeaHawk80":3lpi3mt1 said:
Athletic and instinctive, Trufant has demonstrated legitimate NFL coverage ability and helped his cause by showing improved overall physicality. Though he's seen considerable time in both man and zone concepts, he has the fluidity and straight-line speed to handle coverage duties and has proven ball skills.
While flashing physicality, Trufant really improved his tackling skills and form as an open field tackler. 2nd Rnd grade. Him or Jordan poyer would be a great slot guy IMO. I want Tru, he maybe end up better than his brother.

Thats practically plagiarism. Next time provide the link. Here it is.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664486/desmond-trufant

pehawk

Reaction score
The Pac-12 is hell on CB's. Pure hell. Reggie Williams torched Marcus, jus saying.

I'm corny, but I think the Hawks should lean towards local, talented players whenever possible. Adds to the "program" atmosphere.

canzag

Reaction score
I would have no problem with Trufants brother or maybe Earls little brother Seth Thomas at McNeese State.

kearly

Reaction score
Don't think it would ever happen. Trufant will probably go in the round 2-4 range, and Seattle won't likely take a CB that early. If they did, it would be for a bigger, more "freak of nature" type.

I think Trufant will have a long NFL career but will never sniff a pro-bowl.

pehawk

Reaction score
D Trufant reminds me of Kelly Herndon...only Des has better cover skills. Herndon was underrated as a tackler - that lil bastard loved to mix it up. Loved him.

I think Trufant would fit in just fine on the Seahawks, although I agree its unlikely they'll pick a corner that high. He plays bigger than he is.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":34ui1m4t said:
I'm a Husky, and I wouldn't take him even as a UDFA.

That's absurd. Trufant has decent ball skills, great athleticism, and a knack for the big play. There is absolutely nothing wrong with him that warrants black-listing him from your team.

More than likely he'll go in the 2nd or 3rd, and I personally don't think this team needs him enough. But if he were there in the 5th? Sure.

At one point he was being talked about as a 1st-rounder. I'd personally have a conniption if he were drafted by the Seahawks anywhere near the first few rounds. He's talented, but he's honestly not THAT good.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I like Trufant. I think he's a really good player. His problem was that for about 3 years he was the only good player on the defense. That tends to wear a guy out. He's definitely NFL material and I'd love to have him. He kind of reminds me of Willie Williams. Willie was a really good nickel DB in his prime and they called him Mighty Mouse. He hit hard, and covered well. Willie was never meant to be a starting press corner, but when he was used on the slot guy he played really well.

I think Desmond is every bit the player Josh Wilson is and then some, and he's still playing in the NFL. I will never understand the distaste for the Trufants by some of you here. I have no horse in the whole huskies vs. cougars race. I have seen all 3 Trufant brothers play and I thought they were all very gifted college players and NFL quality players. I guess we'll see if Desmond makes a team. I think he'd fit in great with the Seahawks. He and Lane as gunners and guys who fill in would be awesome. They'd be a great set of backups since WT3 has no future due to injuries and Marcus' career is winding down. I think Desmond is better than Maxwell, and with the emphasis the team is putting on getting more pass rush, then it makes sense to load up on DB's and start using them to blitz as well. Put Browner in a position to blitz and have a true DB in there to cover. Makes sense to me to go and get a gifted DB this year in the mid-rounds.

chris98251

Reaction score
He was a stand out on a Nick Holt defense, seen where he was out of position frequently though going for big plays under him.

Seen him a few times this season and he looked much more rounded and played smarter or at least more disciplined.

kearly

Reaction score
I kind of think we already have Desmond Trufant on our roster, and I'm not talking about his brother. Jeremy Lane is pretty damn similar in size, strengths, and weaknesses.

I wouldn't be opposed to getting Trufant, but it would have to be pretty late.

pehawk

Reaction score
Monday Trufant made some noise at the Senior Bowl practice by being physical and mandhandling Wheton. At least according to SB nation.

Or, they ripped off my take on Trufant, that he plays alot bigger than he is. Physical dude.

pehawk

Reaction score
Treefiddy":3ntss2ap said:
Don't draft local just because your homers.. Jeez

I dont think anyone here was talking about the Seahawks drafting him. Jeez.