2013 Season Throwback Uniforms

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
2013 Season Throwback Uniforms
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:19 pm
  • So...any chance our team will be able to sport some throwback uniforms for a home game next season?

I'm still unsure why some teams (like the Chargers, Patriots, Steelers, Eagles) seem to have at least 1 game every season where they wear their throwbacks when we don't. Are there some set of NFL rules that provides an obstacle to a team getting the green light to do so?

While a lot of NFL teams' throwback uniforms tend to elicit ridicule, I think ours are among the sharpest unis in the league.

Winterfell
    NET Rookie

Re: 2013 Season Throwback Uniforms
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:32 pm
  • I think Paul Allen said as long as he owns the team, we won't see those unis.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:33 pm
  • Throwback's fall under the Third Jersey Rule. Currently, our third jersey is the Wolf Grey tops.

Each team is allowed to wear their Third Jersey twice a year. Many teams (Chargers, Steelers) wear their third jersey against division rivals.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:46 pm
  • We will have Nike throwbacks. It was in an interview with John Schneider where he said he loved the throwback design but they wanted to get the wolf grey out to the public first. Now that its out we can expect the throwback any time (I hope) then Nike and the Seahawks have 4 new jerseys they can sell and we would just have to decide if we want the throwbacks or wolf grey each season.

I'm sure if you search long enough you can fon the video somewhere.
    Hawkaholic
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:50 pm
  • Winterfell wrote:So...any chance our team will be able to sport some throwback uniforms for a home game next season?

I'm still unsure why some teams (like the Chargers, Patriots, Steelers, Eagles) seem to have at least 1 game every season where they wear their throwbacks when we don't. Are there some set of NFL rules that provides an obstacle to a team getting the green light to do so?

While a lot of NFL teams' throwback uniforms tend to elicit ridicule, I think ours are among the sharpest unis in the league.

Man that's a sharp uniform - I miss it, even the retarded looking Seahawk! :mrgreen:

The rule is it has to be 10 years since a uniform change in order to wear a throwback. We switched from our original uniform to the blueberry look in 2002, so 2012 would have been 10 years - alas, we just so happened to go with a whole new uniform. The reason you see throwbacks from those teams is the uniforms they wear are from WAY back.

We are eligible to wear the throwbacks now, but as stated it falls under the same rule as an alternate. Also, the team must declare to the league it intends to wear the throwback well before the season starts - I think if they do that we will get the word leaked.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:53 pm
  • Yep, 2013 seems to be the year we will see the retros. That will be sweet.

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:55 pm
  • That uniform is cursed.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:56 pm
  • I hope so, but they may want to get more mileage out of the new look before doing anything different, even if it is for only one game
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:04 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    Winterfell wrote:So...any chance our team will be able to sport some throwback uniforms for a home game next season?

Man that's a sharp uniform - I miss it, even the retarded looking Seahawk! :mrgreen:

The rule is it has to be 10 years since a uniform change in order to wear a throwback. We switched from our original uniform to the blueberry look in 2002, so 2012 would have been 10 years - alas, we just so happened to go with a whole new uniform. The reason you see throwbacks from those teams is the uniforms they wear are from WAY back.

We are eligible to wear the throwbacks now, but as stated it falls under the same rule as an alternate. Also, the team must declare to the league it intends to wear the throwback well before the season starts - I think if they do that we will get the word leaked.

I think it just has to be 10 years since the original uniforms were worn. The Chargers changed their uniforms only a couple years ago and yet they are allowed to wear their original uniform throwbacks. They didn't have to start their 10 years over. So I guess we could see it anytime, like you said.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:11 pm
  • Yes. 10 years since 2002 = 2012. We technically could have worn the throwbacks last season, but we went full change instead.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:18 pm
  • Egads! Banish the uniform threads. :(

I'd be curious to see what Nike's version of throwbacks for us are, though...
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:26 pm

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:28 pm
  • With the current schedule rotation we play the AFC West once every four years. We should break out the throwbacks every time that year comes around and then wear them for our two home games against AFC West opponents. That way we're not just bringing back the old school unis, but we're wearing them against our old division rivals.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:33 pm
  • Shadowhawk wrote:With the current schedule rotation we play the AFC West once every four years. We should break out the throwbacks every time that year comes around and then wear them for our two home games against AFC West opponents. That way we're not just bringing back the old school unis, but we're wearing them against our old division rivals.

Yep.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:42 pm
  • They should remake the throwback logo to have the exact shape of the current hawk head with the throwback colors. Or has that already happened?
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:43 pm
  • CaptainSkybeard wrote:They should remake the throwback logo to have the exact shape of the current hawk head with the throwback colors. Or has that already happened?

Something like this?

Winterfell
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:44 pm
  • 1976 throwback, gray facemasks, matte gray pants....black shoes.....badass!!!

652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:46 pm
  • 652cHAWK wrote:1976 throwback, gray facemasks, matte gray pants....black shoes.....badass!!!

I love the silver helmets. And I love the piping on the side of the pants.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:27 pm
  • Man I would love 1 game a year in the throwbacks .
    hawkfannj
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:46 pm
  • 652cHAWK wrote:1976 throwback, gray facemasks, matte gray pants....black shoes.....badass!!!

I think you loose the SleeveHawk if you go that far back.
    Osprey
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:52 pm
  • SleeveHawk! SleeveHawk! SleeveHawk! SleeveHawk! SleeveHawk!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:54 pm
  • I loved the mesh jerseys with the extra large white numbers...

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:42 pm
  • Yea, I'm torn. As much as I love the original '76 unis, I also really dig the SleeveHawk. Maybe, they can do a special hybrid uni of sorts. Possibly, design the SleeveHawk in the compression shirt underneath, whilst still donning the original 1976 uni set some way somehow? I always preferred the gray face masks for some reason, possibly because I liked the way they flowed with the silver helmets. Oh, and the black footgear.....damn....Damn....DAMN! Old Skool!
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:07 am
  • Shadowhawk wrote:With the current schedule rotation we play the AFC West once every four years. We should break out the throwbacks every time that year comes around and then wear them for our two home games against AFC West opponents. That way we're not just bringing back the old school unis, but we're wearing them against our old division rivals.

Actually, that would be pretty cool. I could live with that.
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:26 am
  • Winterfell wrote:
    CaptainSkybeard wrote:They should remake the throwback logo to have the exact shape of the current hawk head with the throwback colors. Or has that already happened?

Something like this?

This my friend is..... Baddass! I love it
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:17 am
  • rjdriver wrote:
    Winterfell wrote:
    CaptainSkybeard wrote:They should remake the throwback logo to have the exact shape of the current hawk head with the throwback colors. Or has that already happened?

Something like this?

This my friend is..... Baddass! I love it

Ditto.. I love that..
    HOLLYWOOD
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information