Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Any thoughts on him?

Personally, I want this guy in a Seahawks uniform. I have him as an early 2nd rd guy and my #2 WLB to replace Hill, so if he fell to our late 2nd rd pick it'd be a steal. It may take a small trade up the 2nd round to land him.

Based on a few games I've watched, he looks like great fit and replacement of Hill at a WLB. He's shown he's a good tough, form tackler (125 in 2012. Top-8 in the country) who doesn't much lose to the ball carrier when making a hit. He blitzes well in a more traditional linebacker style, using timing and burst to get into the backfield (6 sacks). He's also one of the top play making linebackers in the country forcing turnovers and scoring touchdowns, something Pete Carroll has to like (6 FF, 2 INTs, 2 TDs on fumble recoveries). The only major flaw in him being a perfect fit with the Hawks is that he won't run a 4.5 forty, but he's not slow. He's a former safety and runs with a balance in his movement which helps him work through traffic and finish tackles. I'd say play recognition is one of his strong suits, in both the run and pass game. In pass coverage, he lacks length and elite speed to truly be effective, but he can handle any base defensive coverage and could possibly compete with Wagner or Wright as a 3-down linebacker.

Game Tape:
Syracuse
UConn
Virginia Tech

[youtube]k2n2iXjoUms[/youtube]
[youtube]VfhOBZfybFg[/youtube]
[youtube]pR1tzPDBd2o[/youtube]

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
Zaviar Gooden should check him out. Much faster and from i have seen he has been having a very good Senior Bowl event. Can run the 40 in 4.37 supposedly.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Kelly.Orr":3cdp3ore said:
Zaviar Gooden should check him out. Much faster and from i have seen he has been having a very good Senior Bowl event. Can run the 40 in 4.37 supposedly.
I haven't watched enough of Gooden to form a solid opinion. I like what I've seen in the parts of the game I've seen, but there's not enough tape out there on him. I am intrigued by his rumored forty time, though, but again, it's just a rumor.

Any thoughts to the player in the OP?

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
Was a tackling machine at Rutgers. Kind of in the same boat as Gooden i believe former saftey turned OLB. Pretty sure he should run well at the combine as well. Some of the tape i have seen i have honestly thought he needs to be a bit stronger at the point of attack and learn to shed a bit better but i like him. I would not be disappointed to see us grab him. I am just a bigger fan of Gooden is all.

sliv

Reaction score
Love the attitude and big play ability, dudes a stud, I think he is closer to 4.7 though( will see) I can't lie Bobby Wagner has spoiled me I have this silly dream about having 3 stud linebackers running a solid 4.5 tracking Collin Kapernick from behind or keeping up with Vernon Davis in coverage. I know it's not every year you find a MLB that has a 11' broad jump runs 4.5 in the 2nd round but I really would love to have 3 extremely fast, tough, smart linebackers out there making plays. Man If Malcolm Smith could ever consistantly step up we would be very close to that situation. I do see the skills with Green however dude.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm not his biggest fan, but I'd be lying if I said Greene didn't scream PC's kind of linebacker. More cautious than aggressive, more athletic than tenacious, mixed bag on tape but possessing a physique that is borderline 1st round. I'm very curious what his 40 time will be because he seems to be going at far less than 100% speed on most of his snaps.

I thought Bobby Wagner had 4th round quality tape last year and I'd say the same for Greene. I also just "knew" that he was the kind of player PC would go for, and mentioned it more than a few times on SDB leading up to the draft. Not only did Pete draft Wagner, but he coached him up and helped Wagner have his best season yet in 2012. Wagner still has issues to work out, but Pete likes drafting players who's best football is still ahead of them and Wagner is a great example of that.

I see Greene the same way. I don't think Greene will be all that good if he goes to an average NFL team, but if he goes to Seattle and gets coached by Carroll, I could see him having a similar impact as a rookie that Wagner had. That makes Greene worth a 2nd round pick, even if I'm not the biggest fan of his body of work to this point.

PhillySeahawk

Reaction score
As a Rutgers fan, I can tell you that Greene is a flat out football player. Came to Rutgers as a safety but eventually moved him to the WILL. Sideline to sideline tackling machine and playmaker. He's been standing out at the Senior Bowl practices. Measured in at 6'0.4 and 236 lbs. His 40 time will determine where he goes in the draft. Either way, I'd love to see him in Seattle.

Latest posts