The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:35 am
  • Who thinks that after this season, we could be seeing the start of a Seahawks Dynasty? Or is it too early to tell?

    I mean if you think about it, we're past the "rebuilding" stage now. I think this season officially brought the 'rebuilding phase' (aka an excuse for going 7-9). So, this could be the start of something like the Steelers, Patriots or 49ers dynasty. Like clockwork, pretty much every decade the NFL has a dynasty. Or a very strong franchise that's close to what most would call a "dynasty"..

    Most of my buddies tell me that a true dynasty doesn't start until your first Superbowl victory. Then you need to win another in the next two or three seasons, and keep winning after that. When its all said and done, a real football dynasty is a team that has a couple standards:

    1. Usually the team has the same QB throughout winning their Superbowls (Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Montana, etc.).. 2. The roster should not dramatically change each season. Meaning, most of your franchise players for each position will be there to contribute in the dynasty.. 3. Most important, in order to be called a true dynasty. A team needs 3+ Superbowl victories in a relatively short timeline; i.e. The San Francisco 49ers had four Superbowl victories in the 1980's decade.

    With all that in mind. I know its a bit early to say much, but I am just so tempted. Especially now that we have a franchise QB, a solid defense and a promising offense that can easily be built into something special over the off-season. Also, with the Seahawks being a young team. It looks like a lot of the players we have now will be around for awhile.


    So... Your opinion? If you don't think this is the start of a Seahawks dynasty. Then what do you think is needed to win a Superbowl next season and 'officially' start a dynasty? What pieces are missing?

    Thanks
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:31 am
  • Not too early. It has begun.
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    User avatar
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 1767
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 pm
    Location: Las Vegas, Nevada


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:24 pm
  • Well, i started a new Connected Career mode in Madden 13 (with updated rosters of course) And the Seahawks won the Superbowl in 2013, 2014, and 2016.


    And Madden Doesnt lie. It just gets a year wrong :P

    If the hawks are indeed on the verge of being a dynasty then i cant wait to enjoy the ride :D
    Image
    User avatar
    tubbs51
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 314
    Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:10 pm
    Location: Spokane, Washington


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:24 pm
  • I'm not buying into the dynasty talk until we actually win a title. Until then, it is just wishful thinking. This city has too much bad history to ignore.
    User avatar
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 1874
    Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 pm
    Location: Lynnwood, WA


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:27 pm
  • Too early to tell. We haven't overtaken the Niners yet. And the Rams will be a force to contend with, as well. 'Dynasty'suggests enduring dominance to me and we haven't even won our division yet.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:06 pm
  • bestfightstory wrote:Too early to tell. We haven't overtaken the Niners yet. And the Rams will be a force to contend with, as well. 'Dynasty'suggests enduring dominance to me and we haven't even won our division yet.


    I agree.

    I'm just excited with all the talent we have.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:13 pm
  • tubbs51 wrote:Well, i started a new Connected Career mode in Madden 13 (with updated rosters of course) And the Seahawks won the Superbowl in 2013, 2014, and 2016.


    And Madden Doesnt lie. It just gets a year wrong :P

    If the hawks are indeed on the verge of being a dynasty then i cant wait to enjoy the ride :D


    Same here. I wasn't going to buy Madden 13, until my skepticism of Russell Wilson turned into a mancrush. Then I had to buy the new Madden, just so I can start a Seahawks dynasty with Wilson and see how many Superbowls I could win on All-Madden difficulty. I'm four seasons in and haven't won a Superbowl yet. Lost an NFC Championship game in 2013 then made it to the Superbowl in 2015 and lost.

    Now i'm drafting for the 2016 season, and I have the same problem that the real life Hawks have now. No pass rush and lack of a badass WR. I progressed Russell Wilson to 95 overall. While there are some disappointments in the overall ratings on some of the Seahawks players, like Bobby Wagner, I could only get him to be 83 overall. EA needs to fix Wagner's potential. No way he's going to be an average Middle Linebacker by 2016.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:34 pm
  • I expect at least 2 championships with Russell Wilson, this coaching staff, and this front office. If that qualifies as a dynasty, then I'd say yes.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 10306
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:35 pm
  • Lets talk dynasty when we have win three out of four superbowls. Lets talk starting one when we have win ONE Super Bowl....
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3171
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:38 pm
  • If you say a threat to go all the way then I would say yes, nobody talks about the Vikings or the Bills as Dynastys even though they were in the Superbowl 4 and 5 times if memory serves. Win 1 and then go back and win another within two years of the first you start getting that kind of talk. One and done doesn't get you there either.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 9751
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm
  • kearly wrote:I expect at least 2 championships with Russell Wilson, this coaching staff, and this front office. If that qualifies as a dynasty, then I'd say yes.


    It doesn't, in my opinion. Dynasty feels like 3 Super Bowl wins in 6 years; or two wins and a 3rd appearance in 6 years, maybe.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24175
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:07 pm
  • Dynasty would be nice. I just want to be really good for a really long time. Constantly near the top or at the top for a good 10-15 years.
    Image
    User avatar
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2908
    Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:09 am
    Location: Omaha, NE


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:19 pm
  • It feels great to even be discussing this question and fluffing one another, but the very fact that this question is being seriously discussed rather than mocked is a telling sign as to what is happening in Seattle.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:52 pm
  • Can we win ONE title first ... before we start talking about dynasty?
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*
     
    Posts: 867
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:06 pm
  • joeseahawks wrote:Can we win ONE title first ... before we start talking about dynasty?


    sure, lets go.. oh wait we got to wait until September for start. I hate life after football:)
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 625
    Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:15 pm


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:32 pm
  • Manchester United, Real Madrid and FC Barcelona are still playing ... :D :D :D
    seahawks08 wrote:
    joeseahawks wrote:Can we win ONE title first ... before we start talking about dynasty?


    sure, lets go.. oh wait we got to wait until September for start. I hate life after football:)
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*
     
    Posts: 867
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:31 am
  • Lets win the Division with this team and Wilson and go from there.
    "A superstar can win any game; however, a team can win every game".
    Renohawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 358
    Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:53 pm
    Location: Reno, Nevada


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:56 am
  • I think dynasty is way over used.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9166
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:29 pm
  • we will never be a dynasty IMO without a disciplined team. false starts in the red zone have killed more drives over PC's tenure than I wish to remember. likewise, poor clock management in critical situations has been highly suspect. iron out those two problems and add a consistent pass rush to the defense. dynasty indeed.
    ariel9302
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 668
    Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:38 am


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:15 pm
  • I don't think that there will ever be another "dynasty" as in the 70's Steelers, 80's Niners or 90's Cowboys where consecutive Super Bowls are won by any team ever again.

    I do think that the Seahawks will win a Super Bowl in the next few years and that they will have a model for a team to win playoff games every year. That they will play well in most of their games and post good records as long as Russell Wilson is the QB.
    Eh... Whatever...
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5309
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:49 pm
  • Zowert wrote:Who thinks that after this season, we could be seeing the start of a Seahawks Dynasty? Or is it too early to tell?

    I mean if you think about it, we're past the "rebuilding" stage now. I think this season officially brought the 'rebuilding phase' (aka an excuse for going 7-9).
    Thanks


    Well, gee, Zowert. If the second season after making wholesale roster changes isn't still a rebuild season what is? Most of our roster churning happened in the off season prior to that. We still had an interim QB for chrissake.

    Ah well, you do seem to live in a Maddenesch world, so I guess I'll give you a pass. :34853_doh: :34853_doh: 7-9 wasn't too bad considering it was Carroll's second year.
    Last edited by HawKnPeppa on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2525
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:52 pm
  • 60's PAckers
    70's Steelers
    80's 49ers
    90's Cowboys
    00's Patriots
    10's Seac**ks

    I can see it because we're going to ram it into our opponents
    Image
    sig by Ramster
    User avatar
    The Battle #83
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 227
    Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 pm
    Location: Rival Country


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:59 pm
  • The Battle #83 wrote:60's PAckers
    70's Steelers
    80's 49ers
    90's Cowboys
    00's Patriots
    10's Seac**ks

    I can see it because we're going to ram it into our opponents


    Haha! You gave me a start for a second. I guess a good comeback for enemy fans using that word is "yea, that's us, and you'll be on the receiving end."
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2525
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:13 pm
  • While I would like and hope for the Seahawks to win the NFC West for the next decade or so, and win multiple Super Bowls, realistically I don't think we'll be a dynasty.

    We'll be competitive in many of those years I think, but with how the NFL is right now, the parity, and how college football players are coming into the draft more prepared than ever before, I think too much can change in a season for a team to maintain dominance for a long period of time.

    Not to mention I think most teams that have dominated their division for close to 10 years tend to play in divisions that have been weak for a while. Like the Patriots in the AFC East and the Colts in the AFC South.

    The Steelers, for all their success, have never really had a chokehold on the AFC North. They tend to swap the title back and forth with the Ravens, with the occasional Bengals team winning the North.

    Since the Seahawks are playing in arguably the strongest division, with the Rams on the rise, and the Cardinals really only a few pieces away from being a strong team, I'd say it'll be a lot to ask that we put a chokehold on the NFC West for years and years to come.
    Image
    User avatar
    Winterfell
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:55 pm
    Location: The Wall


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:27 am
  • Fox0r wrote:I'm not buying into the dynasty talk until we actually win a title. Until then, it is just wishful thinking. This city has too much bad history to ignore.

    Yeah I'm on board with this one. We would all love to have the dynasty team in Seattle! But, we really haven't done anything yet.

    Lots of optimism and raised expectations for the next few seasons, but until we win that first Super Bowl it's all just a dream at this point
    No autographs please
    User avatar
    Jerhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 327
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:44 am
  • I think we Seattle sports fans have been so starved for a good team for so long that it's very easy to get caught up in the fact that now we have a team that's a contender. But I think because of that, we're getting way ahead of ourselves. We didn't win the division, and we didn't win on the road against the Falcons when it really counted. I think because of that we've still got quite a bit of work to put in before we can even dream about our team being a "dynasty"

    Do we have a good team? Yes, absolutely. Will we be in contention each year if things continue down the same path they have and we plug up the holes in our offense/defense? Yes, absolutely. But it's way too soon to start talking dynasty, or even SuperBowl at this point.
    Tezz
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 6
    Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:42 am


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:59 am
  • The problem with dynasty talk is we have another team in our division that is REALLY REALLY good and isn't going anywhere (49'ers), and another team in our division that is also improving drastically (Rams)........so all this dynasty talk is hard for me to digest.

    The Hawks are going to be good for the foreseeable future, maybe even really good. But we're also going to be fighting for our playoff lives every year for the foreseeable future with the Rams and niners in our division.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2767
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:15 pm
  • The Niners and us is a great rivalry. I also view what Fischer is doing as a good competition.

    We will be closer if we can get a truly dominate dEFENSIVE LINE. That would be hot.

    I also believe that component will define this regime.
    Image
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    User avatar
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2532
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
    Location: South of Heaven


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:27 pm
  • personally i don't care about all this dynasty talk.. i've lived throught the sonics years, mariners high and LOWS, seahawks highs and lows, and have had my heart broken every year.. don't even get me started on my cougars...

    so if in fact the day comes that one of those teams should actually win it all, ( sonics again ), i will drop dead on the spot of a heart attack and won't be able to watch the dynasty take place anyways... so i'm just shooting for one title.. i'll take a Gonzaga championship at this point.. just give me somethin before i croak please.. and no Eastern Eagles or Seattle Storm don't count.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3879
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:18 pm
  • Is this conversation really happening?
    User avatar
    TripHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 466
    Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:31 am


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:45 am
  • We beat the 49ers on their last of 4 out of 5 on the road. According to many of my fellow fans we were already SB champions. I was telling my friends at the time how much this team is a fluke. Before that we beat two cream puffs. Wow we can put up 50 against The Cards? Alex Smith almost did that to both the Cards and Bills, but Harbaugh didn't pull a Carroll and run up the score. We're really not a very good team, and we could barely beat the Redskins who are probably the worst playoff team in history besides our team a couple years ago that somehow made it to the SB.

    0 Super Bowls, a second round exit, and a HC who gives playoff games away. That's not the makings of dynasty. That's the making of us being behind the 49ers and Rams for the next 5 or 6 seasons. 49ers and Colin Kaepernack are just too good, and the Rams are building what I wish we had. They beat the 49ers twice, and split between us. They have a much better shot at becomming a consistent playoff team than us.

    To be honest if it wasn't for our home field advantage and us blairing crowd noise to help us out we probably would be a team drafting top 3. We can only win at home and beat the measley Redskins with a QB with a major knee injury. Is that really dynasty material?

    Dynasty? No. Maybe making the playoffs every other year? Maybe.
    User avatar
    BestInTheWest
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 10
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:22 am


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:52 am
  • BestInTheWest wrote:We beat the 49ers on their last of 4 out of 5 on the road. According to many of my fellow fans we were already SB champions. I was telling my friends at the time how much this team is a fluke. Before that we beat two cream puffs. Wow we can put up 50 against The Cards? Alex Smith almost did that to both the Cards and Bills, but Harbaugh didn't pull a Carroll and run up the score. We're really not a very good team, and we could barely beat the Redskins who are probably the worst playoff team in history besides our team a couple years ago that somehow made it to the SB.

    0 Super Bowls, a second round exit, and a HC who gives playoff games away. That's not the makings of dynasty. That's the making of us being behind the 49ers and Rams for the next 5 or 6 seasons. 49ers and Colin Kaepernack are just too good, and the Rams are building what I wish we had. They beat the 49ers twice, and split between us. They have a much better shot at becomming a consistent playoff team than us.

    Dynasty? No. Maybe making the playoffs every other year? Maybe.


    You are a liar. You're pretending to be a Seahawks fan when you're really a 49ers fan. You say Pete ran up the score? He put his BACKUP QUARTERBACK IN THE GAME 5 minutes into the second half, and we were pretty much using all backups in the entire 4th quarter against Arizona. That's not running up the score. Running up the score is going for two points after a TD when you're up by 5 scores late in the 4th quarter. Sound familiar? It's what your BFF Jim Harbaugh did to USC when he was coaching Stanford. When's the last time a backup played just shy of half an entire game in the NFL when the starter was fine, performing admirably, and the game meant something i.e. didn't have #1/#2 seed locked up? Now shut it. How much time did the then-backup Kaepernick see against the Bills? Hmmm? Answer the question, 49ers fan. Your initial registration got denied on this forum because we're trying to be flooded by bandwagon 49ers fans, so you registered under the guise of being a Seahawks fan. Will you even admit to it?

    Someone get rid of this jabroni.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24175
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    BestInTheWest wrote:We beat the 49ers on their last of 4 out of 5 on the road. According to many of my fellow fans we were already SB champions. I was telling my friends at the time how much this team is a fluke. Before that we beat two cream puffs. Wow we can put up 50 against The Cards? Alex Smith almost did that to both the Cards and Bills, but Harbaugh didn't pull a Carroll and run up the score. We're really not a very good team, and we could barely beat the Redskins who are probably the worst playoff team in history besides our team a couple years ago that somehow made it to the SB.

    0 Super Bowls, a second round exit, and a HC who gives playoff games away. That's not the makings of dynasty. That's the making of us being behind the 49ers and Rams for the next 5 or 6 seasons. 49ers and Colin Kaepernack are just too good, and the Rams are building what I wish we had. They beat the 49ers twice, and split between us. They have a much better shot at becomming a consistent playoff team than us.

    Dynasty? No. Maybe making the playoffs every other year? Maybe.


    You are a liar. You're pretending to be a Seahawks fan when you're really a 49ers fan. You say Pete ran up the score? He put his BACKUP QUARTERBACK IN THE GAME 5 minutes into the second half, and we were pretty much using all backups in the entire 4th quarter against Arizona. That's not running up the score. Running up the score is going for two points after a TD when you're up by 5 scores late in the 4th quarter. Sound familiar? It's what your BFF Jim Harbaugh did to USC when he was coaching Stanford. When's the last time a backup played just shy of half an entire game in the NFL when the starter was fine, performing admirably, and the game meant something i.e. didn't have #1/#2 seed locked up? Now shut it. How much time did the then-backup Kaepernick see against the Bills? Hmmm? Answer the question, 49ers fan. Your initial registration got denied on this forum because we're trying to be flooded by bandwagon 49ers fans, so you registered under the guise of being a Seahawks fan. Will you even admit to it?

    Someone get rid of this jabroni.


    Nah broseph, hate the 49ers, that whinny Harblow and Kaepernack. Just don't see us making the playoffs if we can't win more games in the division and get help by the refs.

    We were 4-5 midway through the season, with the GB lucky win. We then played
    -Minnesota
    -NY Jets
    -Miami Dolphins
    -Chicago
    -Arizona
    -Buffalo
    -SF
    -St. Louis

    5 out of 8 being at home. All but SF and Chicago are pretty much gimmies. Our schedule was probably the easiest schedule in the entire NFL to finish out the season. We beat the easy teams we were supposed too, and thus we thought we were good. Again we barely beat the Redskins in the playoffs, and that's with a QB that couldn't even play his game. We were getting destroyed before he (RG3) fell out of bounds. After that, he was never the same and we barely won.

    Sorry I don't see things like most. But again, we really didn't do anything.
    User avatar
    BestInTheWest
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 10
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:22 am


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 am
  • BestInTheWest wrote:Sorry I don't see things like most. But again, we really didn't do anything.

    Look...we went 4-4 to start the season with a rookie QB. With the RW we know now, play those 8 games again -- with everything else being equal and none of this butterfly effect stuff -- we either go 5-3 (would have resulted in winning the west and being the #2 seed) or even 6-2 (and WOULD HAVE BEEN THE #1 SEED.) WE WERE THAT CLOSE!!

    Shore up a better division showing (we were 8-2 outside the division) and we will be just fine (even the Falcons went 3-3 in their division though they don't have the same HFA we have!)

    I'm not going to say that we are going to be a dynasty, but we have the core group to do it. We are one of the youngest teams in the league and are only going to get better!
    Image
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    User avatar
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1114
    Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 11:36 am
    Location: Spanaway, WA


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:50 am
  • BestInTheWest wrote:Nah broseph, hate the 49ers, that whinny Harblow and Kaepernack. Just don't see us making the playoffs if we can't win more games in the division and get help by the refs.

    We were 4-5 midway through the season, with the GB lucky win. We then played
    -Minnesota
    -NY Jets
    -Miami Dolphins
    -Chicago
    -Arizona
    -Buffalo
    -SF
    -St. Louis

    5 out of 8 being at home. All but SF and Chicago are pretty much gimmies. Our schedule was probably the easiest schedule in the entire NFL to finish out the season. We beat the easy teams we were supposed too, and thus we thought we were good. Again we barely beat the Redskins in the playoffs, and that's with a QB that couldn't even play his game. We were getting destroyed before he (RG3) fell out of bounds. After that, he was never the same and we barely won.

    Sorry I don't see things like most. But again, we really didn't do anything.


    Gimmies? That's why they play the game. Were you expecting Madden scoring? A win is a win is a win. Did you look at the Broncos entire schedule??? That was a cake walk. The NFL pretty much gifted the playoffs and a Super Bowl birth to Manning and CO. We had a damn amazing season under a rookie QB who lit up the NFL. Much, much, much brighter days lay ahead.
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:04 am
  • BestInTheWest wrote:That's the making of us being behind the 49ers and Rams for the next 5 or 6 seasons. 49ers and Colin Kaepernack are just too good, and the Rams are building what I wish we had.


    Image
    Image
    User avatar
    Winterfell
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:55 pm
    Location: The Wall


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:09 am
  • BestInTheWest wrote:We beat the 49ers on their last of 4 out of 5 on the road. According to many of my fellow fans we were already SB champions. I was telling my friends at the time how much this team is a fluke. Before that we beat two cream puffs. Wow we can put up 50 against The Cards? Alex Smith almost did that to both the Cards and Bills, but Harbaugh didn't pull a Carroll and run up the score. We're really not a very good team, and we could barely beat the Redskins who are probably the worst playoff team in history besides our team a couple years ago that somehow made it to the SB.

    0 Super Bowls, a second round exit, and a HC who gives playoff games away. That's not the makings of dynasty. That's the making of us being behind the 49ers and Rams for the next 5 or 6 seasons. 49ers and Colin Kaepernack are just too good, and the Rams are building what I wish we had. They beat the 49ers twice, and split between us. They have a much better shot at becomming a consistent playoff team than us.

    To be honest if it wasn't for our home field advantage and us blairing crowd noise to help us out we probably would be a team drafting top 3. We can only win at home and beat the measley Redskins with a QB with a major knee injury. Is that really dynasty material?

    Dynasty? No. Maybe making the playoffs every other year? Maybe.


    boy you're not obvious at all :141847_bnono:
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3879
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:22 am
  • Hey, I have a GREAT idea! I'll register the name "BestintheWest" and then act like I'm not a 49ers fan by shit talking the Seahawks!
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8688
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 am
  • BestInTheWest is the Manti Te'o of this board.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 14391
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:31 pm
  • People wonder why I just joined the forum. Well look how I get treated. Called a traitor. Hey it's not my fault, just don't think there is any solid evidence that this team is a start of a dynasty. Getting to the SB(and winning) is a first priority, and we can't even manage to get to that. I mean I could go on to the Redskins board and they have a dynasty too, because getting to the playoffs is what makes a dynasty. Look at all the young talent there. Or the Falcons, they beat us, future dynasty. Or the 49ers, it's nearly two SB's in a row, that's definitely not a dynasty. We haven't proven anything besides that maybe we can win on the road. I mean a dynasty, not reaching or anything here, seeing how there hasn't been a dynasty since Tom Brady 5-6 years ago, but we are going to be a dynasty.

    I just don't see it. Our division is getting stronger, and there are still teams better than us out there. Is that a start of a dynasty? Are the Falcons the start of a dynasty? Texans? Not to mention the Colts being a dynasty because talent makes dynasty's. Luck and RG3 both had just as good as a season as RW, but they aren't going to be dynasty's because we are so much better. Dynasty's are made by winning championships, not being a good sometimes fantastic football.

    But what do I know!? I'm a 40 whiners fan I guess, because it's bad to think that this team needs to at least win a Super Bowl to even be remotely, remotely considered a possible dynasty. Because apparently it's really easy to do that. Especially when we can't even win a SB, but we sure have potential to be a dynasty. Get my point? Probably not.
    User avatar
    BestInTheWest
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 10
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:22 am


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:34 pm
  • BestInTheWest wrote:People wonder why I just joined the forum. Well look how I get treated. Called a traitor. Hey it's not my fault, just don't think there is any solid evidence that this team is a start of a dynasty. Getting to the SB(and winning) is a first priority, and we can't even manage to get to that. I mean I could go on to the Redskins board and they have a dynasty too, because getting to the playoffs is what makes a dynasty. Look at all the young talent there. Or the Falcons, they beat us, future dynasty. Or the 49ers, it's nearly two SB's in a row, that's definitely not a dynasty. We haven't proven anything besides that maybe we can win on the road. I mean a dynasty, not reaching or anything here, seeing how there hasn't been a dynasty since Tom Brady 5-6 years ago, but we are going to be a dynasty.

    I just don't see it. Our division is getting stronger, and there are still teams better than us out there. Is that a start of a dynasty? Are the Falcons the start of a dynasty? Texans? Not to mention the Colts being a dynasty because talent makes dynasty's. Luck and RG3 both had just as good as a season as RW, but they aren't going to be dynasty's because we are so much better. Dynasty's are made by winning championships, not being a good sometimes fantastic football.

    But what do I know!? I'm a 40 whiners fan I guess, because it's bad to think that this team needs to at least win a Super Bowl to even be remotely, remotely considered a possible dynasty. Because apparently it's really easy to do that. Especially when we can't even win a SB, but we sure have potential to be a dynasty. Get my point? Probably not.


    Differing opinions are maybe not always treated the best, but they're allowed.

    No, you're being called a 49ers troll because you singled out the Rams as having the teams you want and because you're breathlessly praising the 49ers with the name BEST-IN-THE-WEST. Either you have a seriously bad case of compartmentalization or you're not a Seahawks fan.

    And you say we're the idiots.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 14391
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:44 pm
  • We're really not a very good team, and we could barely beat the Redskins who are probably the worst playoff team in history besides our team a couple years ago that somehow made it to the SB.

    0 Super Bowls, a second round exit, and a HC who gives playoff games away. That's not the makings of dynasty. That's the making of us being behind the 49ers and Rams for the next 5 or 6 seasons. 49ers and Colin Kaepernack are just too good, and the Rams are building what I wish we had.


    What a sec, your handle is called bestinthewest yet you bash the Hawks by saying we're behind the 9ers and rams for the next 5 or 6 season, that we're really not a very good team and that the 49ers and Colin Kaepernack are JUST TOO GOOD, AND the rams are building what you wish we had????

    Fer cryin' out loud if you're not a Niners fan I don't know what you are but a Seahawk fan you definately are NOT! I smell a Niner troll.
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am




It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information