Most impressive 2012 win?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

Most impressive 2012 win

Packers
1%
Patriots
16%
@Bears
28%
49ers
50%
Cardinals
1%
@Redskins
4%

Total votes : 107

Most impressive 2012 win?
Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:03 am
  • Now that the offseason is here, we will be resorting to top-10 lists and what-not :(

So what do you guys think was the most IMPRESSIVE win of our season?

When I think impressive I think factors like "no one really expected us to win", "come from behind when we thought we were lost", "sheer awesomeness of the win".

So what say you?

I think the dominant win over the 49ers at home was the most impressive win of the season. It has set the tone for NFC West for years to come. While it wasn't a "come from behind win" the "sheer awesomeness of the win" was bar-none!

BTW in the poll I have only 6 options (with all due respect to the Cowboys, Vikings, Jets, Rams, Bills, Panthers). BTW, isn't it awesome that our list of victories don't even fit on one poll! :P
    Go 'Hawks!
    red17hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Most impressive 2012 win?
Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:06 am
  • I think the complete and total dismantling of hte eventual NFC champs has to be #1. But having the stones to come back against Chicago on the road is a pretty close #2.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 am
  • For me it's the Bears game. NOBODY expected us to win, and HOW we won was incredible. The 49ers game was a close second but all the nay-sayers will always point out the 49ers were drained coming into that game.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 am
  • I voted Patriots. Early in the season it was great to see our offense "out Patriot" the #1 offense in the league. It was a huge test for Wilson to step it up with Lynch getting shutdown and he showed us then what we know now. He's the man.
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:12 am
  • Coming back from being down two scores in the 4th quarter against the Patriots. The 49ers win was my favorite of the year, but most of us knew they could win that game based the team's improvement over the season. The Patriots victory was the one gave us that first glimpse of how good this team and QB could be. This is the right answer.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:17 am
  • DavidSeven wrote:Coming back from being down two scores in the 4th quarter against the Patriots. The 49ers win was my favorite of the year, but most of us knew they could win that game based the team's improvement over the season. The Patriots victory was the one gave us that first glimpse of how good this team and QB could be. This is the right answer.

Well thank you professor for pointing that out to the rest of us dumbshits that might have thought otherwise...
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:18 am
  • Bears game. Thats what turned this team into Elite level. Damn what could have been if we only could have held off ATL last week. Im not saying we would have beat SF at Candlestick, but it would have been a dogfight.

It's remarkable that our biggest loss this year was by a TD. No other team can say that.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:19 am
  • i voted Pats as well.. watching our rookie outduel brady was awsome for me... that's the game that convinced me to be all in on the RW bandwagon..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:31 am
  • 49ers game. We dismantled them, and that's going to have far reaching effects in the future.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:10 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:49ers game. We dismantled them, and that's going to have far reaching effects in the future.

no no no... that's not the right answer...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:12 am
  • CANHawk wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:49ers game. We dismantled them, and that's going to have far reaching effects in the future.

Right, sorry. A game we could have lost was a more impressive victory than disrobing a Super Bowl contender (at the time, now obviously NFC Champ) on National TV. I recant.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:16 am
  • 1.) 49ers

Like it or not the 49ers are one of if not the best team in the NFL, and in that game, we simply outplayed and dominated them in every facet of football. That is the definition of an impressive win in the NFL.

2.) Patriots

I wonder how many teams have been down by two touchdowns to Tom Brady with 8 minutes left and won the game? That was impressive because it was the beginning of this team showing that they weren't going to let themselves be out of any game in the 4th quarter. The offense came alive, Wilson silenced his critics, and the defense shut down Brady when it mattered most.

3.) Bears

Not sure this even belongs at #3 because while this was an impressive game for Wilson and his late heroics, the entirety of the game was sloppy on offense, and the defense gave up too much late. I guess I wasn't as impressed with the performance as I was the resiliency late.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:24 am
  • I loved the 9er game, but to me it was the equivelent of how the 9ers should feel had they beat us without Earl Thomas playing. The Bears were also on a huge decline at the time we beat them and hardly the #1 defense they were earlier in the year, but it was a huge road win and signaled the true awakening of Wilson's potential. I'd vote Bears second to the Patriots.
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:26 pm
  • Aros wrote:For me it's the Bears game. NOBODY expected us to win, and HOW we won was incredible. The 49ers game was a close second but all the nay-sayers will always point out the 49ers were drained coming into that game.

That's how I voted, even before reading thru all the other posts.
    I saw the Bears game as a matured Russell Wilson getting "IT" while on the road.
    And as for the 49rs being drained in that game with the Seahawks at the CLINK?,,It was the 12th man fans, and the Seahawks that pulled that plug and made that drain happen.
    Now, as for over all psych. of the Seahawks - 9rs game?, Harbaugh knows he stands a damned good chance on loseing every game he has to Coach in Seattle :16:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:57 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:49ers game. We dismantled them, and that's going to have far reaching effects in the future.

It really isn't. We'd already outscored our last two opponents 108-17 heading into that game. Everyone in Seattle knew what we were capable of at that point. The 49ers game just put it on display for a national audience. Again, my favorite win of the year, but not the most impressive at the time it happened.

Patriots game is the most impressive. Heading in, several fans and pundits were still demanding that Flynn get the start. Remember, this is a week after barely beating the Panthers and two weeks after crapping the bed against the Rams. Seattle goes down two scores in the Fourth to Tom motherfreakin' Brady. Wilson then leads the unfathomable comeback and the defense gets its ONLY imperative last minute stop of the year. Within days, the Times publishing multiple articles annointing RW as THE MAN.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:02 pm
  • Our 58-0 win over the Cardinals was one of the most dominant performances in NFL history. Sure, they rolled over and died like pussies, but it was the most impressive win IMO. 9ers & Patriots wins felt better though, that's for sure.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:06 pm
  • For me it's clearly the Bears game. On the road and against the top-ranked D (or close to it)... and then the 97-yard drive to go ahead... and then the 80-yard drive to win the game in OT. VERY impressive.

Our season turned on a dime in that game.

The 9ers game was a close 2nd... but we had the 12th man and the advantage that comes with it so I rated it lower.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:24 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:For me it's clearly the Bears game. On the road and against the top-ranked D (or close to it)... and then the 97-yard drive to go ahead... and then the 80-yard drive to win the game in OT. VERY impressive.

Our season turned on a dime in that game.

The 9ers game was a close 2nd... but we had the 12th man and the advantage that comes with it so I rated it lower.

Yep. This is the right answer. I might add that in addition to coming back on the road against the Bears, that was easily the worst officiated game of the year no question. Overcoming that adversity as well as the eleven guys on the other side of the ball told be that our team had fianlly come of age.
    Last edited by PlinytheCenter on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:24 pm
  • 49ers, hands-down. We beat them up badly and they're playing in the Super Bowl.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:40 pm
  • While I feel that the 49ners win was brilliant and one of my favorites, I consider the Bears game to be the most impressive. Not only did Wilson take the lead at the end of regulation but when the defense failed to stop Cutler and Marshall, Wilson took charge and won the game in a single drive in OT. Wilson is CLUTCH. He proved that in the Patriots, Packers, Bears and the Atlanta game. 3 out of 4 aint bad for a "rookie" QB.
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:51 pm
  • The Bears game as it instantly cured the deep depression that engulfed this place after the trip to Miami.
    AVL
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:41 pm
  • Bears........we pretty much knocked them out of the playoffs. The 9er game didn't mean as much after they beat the Patsies. :229031_shrug:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:28 pm
  • I was most impressed with the team during the Niners game, I think that was our most complete game of the year.

I thought we had no chance to beat the Patriots, so that one is up there too. I didn't expect to beat the Packers either, although I still think the Packers got shafted in that one, not that it made any difference with our playoff seeding.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:33 pm
  • Hands down for me it's the home Niners game. No contest. I have watched that game over on my DVR 5 times already.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:49 pm
  • i was fairly convinced beforehand, but after the bears game knew for sure that we could compete with anyone.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:59 pm
  • For me it was the final against the Rams. O looked like crap, D did their job, and we eventually won ugly in a game that actually meant nothing as far as playoffs and seeding went. Proved to me we could grind when we had to.
    seedhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:23 pm
  • In terms of dominance, I would say I was most impressed with the 49ers game at home. We had everything clicking and the Seahawks looked downright scary, even to a fan lol.

In terms of character, I would say the playoff game against the Redskins. We were on the road, behind by 20 points, and with a rookie QB and young team, clawed and scraped our way back to a victory. Not many veteran teams could have done that, on the road, much less a young team.
    Winterfell
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:41 am
  • My favorite was the Redskins game because that comeback was the mark of a championship caliber team. We came back from a 20 point deficit to win in the playoffs, against a Shanahan-coached team, on the road, in a venue where seldomly win. It reminded me of 2005, when our team could absorb an opponent's best shot, then just methodically come back and win. I would have placed the Atlanta game at #1 had we won.

I loved seeing us put a beating on the 9ers as much as the next guy, but I really feel Justin Smith being out was way more significant than people are willing to admit. Not that we wouldn't have won with him in, but I believe the game would have been close had he been healthy and played.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:38 am
  • Beating the Packers was my favorite. Even though the only thing people talk about it the fail mary, it showed that this team could compete with anybody in the league and they were ready for prime time. Sacking Aaron Rodgers 7 times in the first half and holding them to only 12 points was amazing.
    No autographs please
    Jerhawk
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:09 pm
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:I loved seeing us put a beating on the 9ers as much as the next guy, but I really feel Justin Smith being out was way more significant than people are willing to admit. Not that we wouldn't have won with him in, but I believe the game would have been close had he been healthy and played.

:13:
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:19 pm
  • Veilside wrote:
    HawKnPeppa wrote:I loved seeing us put a beating on the 9ers as much as the next guy, but I really feel Justin Smith being out was way more significant than people are willing to admit. Not that we wouldn't have won with him in, but I believe the game would have been close had he been healthy and played.

:13:

If one player is worth 42 points on your defense, there's something wrong with your roster.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information