If the 49ers win the SB...

drdiags

Reaction score
I'm with the old dude. I just do not see the Seahawks being the favorite to win next year's Superbowl.

Maybe the betting experts would factor in the impact of a Superbowl appearance on the 9ers being the #1 spot in the pecking order? I would think the next team would be the Packers followed by the NY Giants and most likely Saints. Then you have the Skins, Falcons, Seahawks, Cowboys and Vikings. Just a WAG.

Anyway, if the 9ers win the Superbowl, they might redo the NFCCG, since the NFC South is now up for the NFC West.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
The transition from irrelevance to media darling will be hardest on the old folks. It took a while for the whole "the worlds NOT flat" conclusion to set-in.

If you've paid attention all year, my boy Doc, has been struggling with HIS team having dynasty potential. Statements like "Wilson cant be a franchise changing type QB, not on my team". "My team doesn't come from behind, on the road to win". To name a few that I can recall.

The above is NOT a critique of what type of fan Doc is. Not at all.

I know personally I didn't know what or how to express my opinion on Wilson heading into the season. How do you tell others; "he's Tom Brady with Elways legs?" I'd be back in the nut-hut if I said that to anyone before week one. It sounded so crazy, it was hard for me to trust what my eyes we're seeing.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Radish":2uzeqo0j said:
Hasselbeck":2uzeqo0j said:
pehawk":2uzeqo0j said:
Heading into next year, Seattle will be the favorite to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Also, Seattle will be a team the NFL will choose to spotlight, as much as possible. Wilson's a Madison Avenue wetdream.

The Seahawks will be a media darling next year. The downside of that will be postcounts and OP's will decrease by over 60%.

I absolutely think we get at LEAST 4 prime-time games (maybe even 5) next season.. also think there's an outside shot they put one of the matchups against the 49ers on Thanksgiving Night.

Safe bets for prime-time games
- San Fran
- New Orleans
- AFC South opponent.. I'm leaning Indy because of a Luck-Wilson tilt (this has major MNF appeal)
- NY Giants

You people are dreaming. The media darling from here next season will be the team that won the division and went to the SB even if they lose cause they will be picked to win it next year.

For some reason many of you seem to think the the Seahawks have done something in the NFL. I love them too but it just ain't true. Also ran in their own division, only got one win in the playoffs.

Just exactly what do you think they deserve?

:roll:

If you think this team isn't getting primetime games next year.. you're the one who is dreaming my friend.

They may not be the SB favorite, but they WILL get national games next season. Bank on that.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
The Radish":qbx9rzbl said:
Hasselbeck":qbx9rzbl said:
pehawk":qbx9rzbl said:
Heading into next year, Seattle will be the favorite to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Also, Seattle will be a team the NFL will choose to spotlight, as much as possible. Wilson's a Madison Avenue wetdream.

The Seahawks will be a media darling next year. The downside of that will be postcounts and OP's will decrease by over 60%.

I absolutely think we get at LEAST 4 prime-time games (maybe even 5) next season.. also think there's an outside shot they put one of the matchups against the 49ers on Thanksgiving Night.

Safe bets for prime-time games
- San Fran
- New Orleans
- AFC South opponent.. I'm leaning Indy because of a Luck-Wilson tilt (this has major MNF appeal)
- NY Giants

You people are dreaming. The media darling from here next season will be the team that won the division and went to the SB even if they lose cause they will be picked to win it next year.

For some reason many of you seem to think the the Seahawks have done something in the NFL. I love them too but it just ain't true. Also ran in their own division, only got one win in the playoffs.

Just exactly what do you think they deserve?

:roll:

With that logic, the Cowboys should never have any primetime games. Now if you want to take the popularity/who makes cash angle then yeah, it makes perfect sense. But if you're going with "what have you done for me lately" angle, these guys shouldn't have any primetime games. Bet you they'll have more than 3 next year though.

Largent80

Reaction score
Honestly. I don't give a shit if praying mantis head gets a win in the SB.

Wilson will get his and we all will be the beneficiaries.

kearly

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":18ph75h0 said:
I'm already over it. I wouldn't care nearly as much if it weren't for the trolls here, but whatevs, doesn't change my life one bit no matter who wins.

For some reason, the Steelers trolls from XL really bugged me, the Redskins trolls a couple weeks ago bugged me, and one particular Falcons troll was annoying, but for the most part I haven't been bothered by the 49ers visitors. I guess it's because I appreciate the rivalry. Beating the 49ers wouldn't be fun if you didn't want to hate them.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
If Kaep can't win the game on his feet... they won't win.

Dude just isn't a pass first QB. Ravens are the more complete team.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":28e6j5qx said:

I agree with you that the Seahawks will be one of the teams the league wants to promote and feature a lot next season. They'll be the hot up-and-comers... not taking anyone by surprise any longer, but throwing their weight around and claiming what's theirs. We should get plenty of prime time exposure.

That said, I don't think we'll be the favorite to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. I think SF will continue to be favored over us - if ever so slightly - until we take the division from them. And it's possible that SF and Seattle having to battle over the division each year (along with the improvements shown by St. Louis) will make oddsmakers shy away a bit from making an NFCW team a favorite, rather going for whoever the hot team appears to be in a weaker division.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If I had to pick i'd want our primetime games to be

@ ATL
vs SF
vs NO
@ NYG
In that order

The less early east coast games the better, ATL, CAR, and NYG are our only EST away games. @ Houston and @ Indy are CST.

Would love to see SF come to Seattle for a Thursday night game right after they play GB, ATL, @ WAS, or @NO

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Not sure how sounders games effect the Hawks home or away.

Week 1 Sounders play Saturday night at home likely start the season on the road
Week 4 Sounders play sunday at home
week 8 sounder play sunday at home

So I'd guess we open the season on the road
1-Away (STL)
2-Home
3-Home
4-Away
5-Away
6-Home
7-Bye
8-Away

drdiags

Reaction score
pehawk":dl2kvmj2 said:
The transition from irrelevance to media darling will be hardest on the old folks. It took a while for the whole "the worlds NOT flat" conclusion to set-in.

If you've paid attention all year, my boy Doc, has been struggling with HIS team having dynasty potential. Statements like "Wilson cant be a franchise changing type QB, not on my team". "My team doesn't come from behind, on the road to win". To name a few that I can recall.

The above is NOT a critique of what type of fan Doc is. Not at all.

I know personally I didn't know what or how to express my opinion on Wilson heading into the season. How do you tell others; "he's Tom Brady with Elways legs?" I'd be back in the nut-hut if I said that to anyone before week one. It sounded so crazy, it was hard for me to trust what my eyes we're seeing.

It's all good. Now get off my damn lawn! And when did the earth change from being flat?

Did the mailman come by yet? I may have gotten something in the mail before I have to take a nap.

EDIT: And plus you told me how this Seahawks team was going to stomp the weak ass Lions (though they did take down the Bears). Then we had that big old crush the Dolphins thread. After awhile I get tired of talking empty crap so I leave it to you young'uns.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Nah, I said I was GLAD they played the Lions. I wanted to see the Seahawks crush them. I'd swap the scores and outcomes of the Buffalo and Detroit games, in a heartbeat.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If the 49ers win the Super Bowl, I'm drowning a bag of these:

kittens.jpg

Somebody please think of the kittens!

Sac

Reaction score
If the Niners lose the Super Bowl I sincerely hope the Super Bowl Losers Curse is in full effect and they don't sniff the playoffs next year.

Either way I hope they don't get in next year, but honestly, this is the second consecutive year they've gone deep and are pretty much injury free on both lines. Not that I wish harm on anyone but it wouldn't surprise me at all if all that wear and tear caught up with them next season.

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Niners will most likely win it, so the sooner we accept it and move on the better for everybody.