Fitzgerald for Flynn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winterfell

Reaction score
I'd prefer if we went after Mike Wallace or Dwayne Bowe. Not only are both guys younger, but I think they'll come cheaper. Bowe for his recent injury issue, and Wallace for his recent reputation hit for holding out and then having a sub-par year for an under-achieving Steelers team.

CANHawk

Reaction score
kearly":198dje95 said:
Honestly, if Fitzgerald was on the waiver wire I would not take him. Go to Spotrac and look at his cap hits for the next six or seven years. If we traded Flynn for Fitz, you might as well throw in Sherman and Earl, because we wouldn't have the money to extend them with that kind of contract on the books.

He also declined this year after putting up 1400 yards with the same QBs in 2011. Who's to say that decline isn't real?

AZ could end up releasing Fitz in a couple years. When that happens, I'd give him a reasonable contract. Until then, he's not worth it.

Holy crap i just did that. Did i read that right?! Is be really going to account for a $20M cap hit in 2015!? That's nutso. That's the stupidest contract I've ever seen! No wonder Arizona sucks...

sam1313

Reaction score
tacomahawk":4z9jhqzh said:
While I would love to have someone of Fitz's caliber, I do not want to make my enemy stronger. I also do not want to put Flynn in the same division with a possible chip on his shoulder that we would see twice a year.

This^

And, whoever said trade Flynn for Wilfork, I would be down for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.