WR Cordarrelle Patterson is pretty damn good

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":1gxsoyu4 said:
kobebryant":1gxsoyu4 said:
I am intrigued by Patterson. But a lot of his production comes from reversing field against college athletes, Reggie Bush will tell you that that doesn't translate to the NFL.

I prefer the more polished Hopkins or Wheaton. Especially if we are talking about someone to catch the ball consistently, be smart, run great routes and spend the offseasons working with Russ.

Exactly! And I fear Patterson would get the ball stripped a lot with the way he so casually carries it. The speed of the NFL might be too much for him if he can't run a route tree. And the character concerns worry me. He's not worth the risk.

I prefer DeAndre Hopkins, kid always gets open and makes the tough catch. He's money.

What character concerns? Patterson has none. He just played hot and cold like a lot of young guys will.

Not like UT had the greatest coaching staff in the world either.

kearly

Reaction score
kobebryant":2p4c2wjo said:
I am intrigued by Patterson. But a lot of his production comes from reversing field against college athletes, Reggie Bush will tell you that that doesn't translate to the NFL.

I prefer the more polished Hopkins or Wheaton. Especially if we are talking about someone to catch the ball consistently, be smart, run great routes and spend the offseasons working with Russ.

Good points all around, particularly the last 6 words.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":sulswreh said:
kobebryant":sulswreh said:

Good points all around, particularly the last 6 words.

I like Hopkins too.. but the working the offseason with Russ part.. won't that be beneficial to ANY rookie WR?

I think in the end it's all probably moot anyway, as guys like Patterson scream "quick riser up the boards" because of what an athletic freak he is.. and unless we trade up for him, we're probably not getting him.. but I'm inclined to believe any rookie WR is going to benefit a lot from having Russell Wilson has his QB.. simply because he's going to demand 110% effort from his guy.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
His highlights are exciting as hell. Some very quick cuts and nice vision in the open field.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I think Hunter better hands and route running than Patterson. I see elite playmaking ability in Patterson that is rare in the league, but I'm not sure I see a future #1 WR.

I like to see players go up and make a strong play with their hands...Hunter does that, but Hopkins does it better than anyone in the class.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Everyone always want the next Andre Johnson or Brandon Marshall. The big 6'3+ wr with speed. So much so that we see guys every year who have the measurables but not the tape or production of a first rounder.

See
2012 #13 Michael Floyd
2011 #26 Jonathan Baldwin
2010 #22 Demarius Thomas
2010 #24 Dez Bryant

Some work out some don't

I agree Reggie Wayne and Roddy White are good comparisons for Hopkins. He is not the biggest, the fastest, or even stand out in highlights, but what i think he brings is the consistency that the others don't have. The diffrence between Koren Robinson and Darrell Jackson, Koren was bigger faster and more talented but was soo damn inconsistent. D-Jax just got open and made play for us (minus a few drops)

Pair up Hopkins with RW3 and I see magic, look how much Tate improved with RW throwing to him, I see more speed, better hands, and better separation with Hopkins than Tate has. I'd love to get an instant upgrade vs a project unrefined WR.

I'm worried myself and other on .net are getting to in love with Hopkins as I think there is a good chance he will be around when we draft. I just worried PC and JS don't see upgrading our WR's with an early pick something they want to do. I think we are more invested in Rice, Tate, Baldwin than we are Miller, McCoy at TE. If they want to give Russ a weapon but not mess with Tate's confidence they might go for a project WR but in round 2 or 3.

Can't wait for the draft