Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Kwame Geathers DT
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:01 am 
NET Veteran

Kwame Geathers DT Georga 6'5" 350 JR.

Something that I've noticed in watching players like Ogletree, Jones and Jenkins (Georga's defense) is that the success of their LBers is due to their two big DTs. So I started to watching how teams defended them, Geathers is double teamed on alot, and when he isn't the center or gaurd usually end up two yards behind the LOS.

He seems to be a very humble and has a good motor for his size. So when you guys are watching tape on those other Georga players take notice to Kwame Geathers. Cheers

Post subject: Re: Kwame Geathers DT
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:23 pm 
NET Starter

About 2 do the film...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:56 am 
NET Veteran

You make excellent points here. Could be a diamond in the rough.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:30 am 
NET Veteran

A great tape to watch would be the SEC championship game. How did he hold up against Chance Womack (future star offensive guard) and the rest of that Alabama O line?

IIRC, Alabama run all over Georgia's defense.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:39 pm 
NET Veteran

Recon_Hawk wrote:
A great tape to watch would be the SEC championship game. How did he hold up against Chance Womack (future star offensive guard) and the rest of that Alabama O line?

IIRC, Alabama run all over Georgia's defense.

Well, maybe. But, can you name a defense that Alabama DIDN'T run all over? (I think they were able to still run the ball on A&M, who I think was the true National Champs). I guess the question for evaluation would be... does this guy (or any of the other individuals on that talented Georgia defense) have the skills that could be put into a more talented professional defense like Seattle and excel? That's really more what we're looking at (or, actually, what scouts are tasked with - not us). Your point is part of the evaluation... but, there's much more to it than that. Doesn't disqualify a player when a dominant team destroys a defense he played on. But, I know that you're just saying look at the type of individual competition (Womack) he might be up against. Still, it's a team game. The evaluation is going to be which players will work with what's already in place. The draft is cool in the later rounds trying to identify these types of guys that may not be on everyone's radar already. There are certainly guys who have knocks on them in the draft that do better than expected.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]